Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,424 members, 7,843,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo (615 Views)

NDLEA Busts Trafficking Syndicate, Arrests 4, Intercepts Meth, Loud / Police Uncover Another Child Trafficking Syndicate In Anambra (Photos) / Kidnapped Lafia Hospital Workers, Others Rescued, 41 Suspects Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by Sportz: 10:41am On Apr 21, 2021
Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7F0W-DKtg/?igshid=1oxor4yzwvpxb

19 children, others rescued as police bust human trafficking syndicate in Edo

Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViC_KVhUGfs
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Cc

The Edo State Police Command in collaboration with a vigilante group have smashed a human traffcking syndicate and rescued 19 children and some women.

Spokesperson of the command, Kontongs Bello, who disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday, April 20, said the women and children were trafficked from Ebonyi, Imo, Abia, Anambra and Akwa Ibom States respectively to Evbuotubu in Ekenwan Road axis of Benin City, the state capital.

Bello stated that the raid and rescue operation took place on Thursday, April 16, adding that the principal suspect is currently on the run.

"The women said they were lured from their various home states by a woman named Jennifer also called Ezine with surname yet unknown, the woman is now on the run. They were lured in a guise that Edo State Government is giving financial support to single mothers with newborn babies especially twins," the statement says.

According to Bello, upon arrival in Benin City, the trafficked women discovered a different thing entirely as they got no support, but were rather forced into the illicit business of begging on the streets for their mistress, Jennifer.

The spokesman further explained that the women were paid peanut to take care of their children and feeding from the proceed of the begging.

Meanwhile, Bello called on the general public to disregard the rumours making the rounds on social media that the women and children were rescued from a baby factory by the Police in Benin City

"The story is not true. It is just the imagination of some mischief makers to engage in such publication as the act is an attempt to paint Edo State in a bad light. The women and children have since been handed over to Edo State Ministry of Women Affairs for rehabilitation and a possible return to their home States while effort also is in place to arrest the fleeing mistress,"

"The Commissioner of Police Edo State, CP Phillip Aliyu Ogbadu, is calling on the press and the members of the public to always verify their source of information before publication in order not to mislead the general public.”

Read more on www.lindaikejisblog.com

Re: 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by Sirkingsnado: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2021
9ja don cast fada lord divide ths shithole
Re: 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by Totilopussylick(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2021
Do you know that poverty is the worse disease that can befall any human being.
Re: 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by longetivity(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2021
Weldon o madamé Ezine
Re: 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by TripleDdotcom: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2021
I am not saying this to justify crime. But any nation or government that does not provide opportunities for people to earn a living the legit way should expect the possibilities of people earning a living in illegitimate, dirty ways. Until we fix the economy, we are likely going to continue fighting crime upon crime. This may not totally eradicate crime cause the heart of some people are just wicked whether opportunities dey or not. But this will most likely reduce it.

By the way, Please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.
Re: 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by johnmartus(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2021
I know it must be connected to southeast.
Re: 19 Children, Others Rescued As Police Bust Human Trafficking Syndicate In Edo by TripleDdotcom: 11:03am On Apr 21, 2021
johnmartus:
I know it must be connected to southeast.

You don't know from which region your next potential helper will come from and how much comments like this can damage your future. Don't get lost in the malicious desire to hurt other people's feelings. Take care my son.

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

SH0CKING! #iniubongumoren: How I Escaped Being Raped, Killed By Serial Killer / Block My Line, I Won’t Submit My NIN Data To Terrorist Pantami: Aisha / Nigeria Accounts For 75% Crime In The Gulf Of Guinea —FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.