Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 (6647 Views)

Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / BUA Cement Releases Financial Results For Q1, 2020, Records N20.1 Billion Profit / Dangote Loses $2.5bn In One Month - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by jeffizy(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2021
udemzyudex:
Their service have been poor lately, a lot of business men have stop using the bank due to their poor service.
You're right on point.
You can't fully guarantee their full service by midday. So frustrating.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by adebwalex(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2021
xcesspaschal:
I have been using dis Bank for 16 yrs. Truth be told, I appreciate their services but sadly, their service charge is hrtbrkin. Am considering closing my account with dem.

Stamp duty---excessive charge
Card transactions---excessives charge
Transaction alart..... excessive charge
Message alart....... excessive charge
E-channel-----excessive charge
Card maintenance-----excessive charge
These n more. I swear, am hating GTBANK
Port to ACCESS Bank you will enjoy banking with them..

1 Like

Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 22, 2021
What’s it like banking with them I remember them being the first bank to introduce those walk in doors on Allen ..as a young girl
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by bragamycin: 7:08am On Apr 22, 2021
superCleanworks:
this yeye bank with awful service

just check this out....

when you call your bank customer care number and they start to ask you
to call out your internet banking number and password.

i mean, how do you expect me to have my internet banking number in my head?

how can my bank even expect me to give out such info?

Bros u sure say na customer care u call so ? Which one be password

1 Like

Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by clothingonline(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2021
People will just gather to criticize any people or organization once it’s online expectially this forum
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 22, 2021
Mumu bank. Why dem nor go loose? Dem close majority of their branch since last year saying because of covid-19. I stop using them since last year only for them to send me message early this month that the branch close to me has now open but, guess what? It's too late to cry when the head is already cut off
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by OJEEMAH(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2021
udemzyudex:
Their service have been poor lately, a lot of business men have stop using the bank due to their poor service.
That's a blatant lie. How many business men do you know? Sometime last month, I made a transfer to zenith but it reversed twice until a customer of the bank told me how they've been battling with poor services. I have been using GTBank since 2009 and I have not had any reason whatsoever to abandon the bank.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by OJEEMAH(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2021
bragamycin:

I'm so sure gtconnect would never request for internet banking details.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by Chummynoni(m): 7:43am On Apr 22, 2021
my mind is @ peace because i have just #80 in my Gtb akant. union bank is bae
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by hermesprogidy(m): 7:46am On Apr 22, 2021
Cryptocurrency gradually creeping up on conventional banking. Naira value is steadily declining, makes more sense to save your money in Bitcoin.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by dododawa1: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2021
if GTB won close, make their close, their loan I collected gone too.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by hush15: 8:18am On Apr 22, 2021
ursullalinda:
I don't believe this news......banks hidden charges are so many.......so they can't be talking about less profit......unless there is something they will benefit from doing so

Even the money wey them post as profit sef, is enough. These banks rip off Nigerians like no man's business and cos they have the money, no body can challenge them successfully without deep pockets.

From sms charges to ATM charges. It's just so ridiculous. Something that simplify their business process and gives them the competitive advantage, we pay for all that.... I no even understand sef

1 Like

Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by udemzyudex(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2021
OJEEMAH:
That's a blatant lie. How many business men do you know? Sometime last month, I made a transfer to zenith but it reversed twice until a customer of the bank told me how they've been battling with poor services. I have been using GTBank since 2009 and I have not had any reason whatsoever to abandon the bank.

Funny, I've been using GTB since 2012 so don't tell me what I don't know, since the beginning of February GTB have been trending on twitter due to poor service.

I work in CV and a lot business men I buy accessories from will tell you not to do transfer to their GTB account due to their recent poor service, Imagine your customers waiting for more than 30mins in other for you to confirm their payment, sometimes I leave the goods I buy and come back later to pick it up due to confirmation issues.

I guess you're not active on twitter, you would have seen a lot of complains from their customers.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by udemzyudex(m): 9:49am On Apr 22, 2021
GeneralPula:

A lot?

Mention some?

Guy rest.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by babsthegreat: 10:03am On Apr 22, 2021
The best bank in Nigeria

Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by OJEEMAH(m): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

Funny, I've been using GTB since 2012 so don't tell me what I don't know, since the beginning of February GTB have been trending on twitter due to poor service.

I work in CV and a lot business men I buy accessories from will tell you not to do transfer to their GTB account due to their recent poor service, Imagine your customers waiting for more than 30mins in other for you to confirm their payment, sometimes I leave the goods I buy and come back later to pick it up due to confirmation issues.

I guess you're not active on twitter, you would have seen a lot of complains from their customers.
You said a lot of business men have stopped using GTBank. My point, how many business men do you know or how many customers do you have to conclude that alot of business men have abandoned their GTBank account.... I am very sure your total customer base is not upto 0.5% of their customers.

FYI, I am an active twitter user. Rarely post though but I use twitter everyday.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by udemzyudex(m): 11:33am On Apr 22, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You said a lot of business men have stopped using GTBank. My point, how many business men do you know or how many customers do you have to conclude that alot of business men have abandoned their GTBank account.... I am very sure your total customer base is not upto 0.5% of their customers.

FYI, I am an active twitter user. Rarely post though but I use twitter everyday.

Oga rest, if you don't still understand my point then that's not my fault.

you said you're active on twitter yet you don't see a lot of users complaining about their bad service.

Oga rest.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by OJEEMAH(m): 11:53am On Apr 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

Oga rest, if you don't still understand my point then that's not my fault.

you said you're active on twitter yet you don't see a lot of users complaining about their bad service.

Oga rest.
No be fight Sir.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by udemzyudex(m): 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
OJEEMAH:
No be fight Sir.

Lol.. we no dey fight naa.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
karzyharsky:
The way they handle this pandemic case affected them

Closing one branch and open another for crowd
Replied your pm
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by smasher1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
bragamycin:

I've heard this before. There are some dubious customer care rep and I don't know how they do this knowing fully well that such calls are recorded but I know some try to take advantage of the system in the short run, but must be caught soon.
Re: GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 by Richthekid: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
How

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? / Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Expands In May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.