Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria (1637 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / To Move Back From America Or Not... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
About 2 years ago my brother who has lived in the US for more than 15 years or thereabout decided to apply for his green card and somehow he used my email address when applying online. I don't remember why but I know he gave me a reason I can't recur at the moment.
Ever since then, I have been getting travel advice email from the US department of State. And the travel advice has always been particular about Nigeria. Maybe because he's a Nigerian, I don't know but every time I read the travel advice, I always find it annoying and somehow silly that The US government will send those kinds of negative and demeaning messages to his citizens about another country. Although most of the information are true but I still think it's really disrespectful for a government to tell his citizens to avoid a country because it's unsafe and they should be careful of robbery anywhere in the country.
That's very wrong. I don't know what you guys think about it.

Read for yourself. I got this one today

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by ednut1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
But where is the lie This is a country that cares about its citizens

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by 79733139(m): 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
if you believe that it is very wrong for a country to issue travel warning to its citizens, then you need to start thinking deeply about the things that you consider wrong or right.

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:07am On Apr 23, 2021
79733139:
if you believe that it is very wrong for a country to issue travel warning to its citizens, then you need to start thinking deeply about the things that you consider wrong or right.
I really do not have any problems with them warning their citizens but it's just shameful that they will continuously send this kind of email to their citizens every month about another struggling country.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I really do not have any problems with them warning their citizens but it's just shameful that they will continuously send this kind of email to their citizens every month about another struggling country.
you are not making any sense

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lagbaja88:
you are not making any sense
I swear I know lol
It's just a sad truth. Imagine how many Americans get this and the effect/impressions they will have about Nigeria. Even though the informations in the email is true, I still somehow feel very said that they left everything out like that. At least help us save face nah sad
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Olalekank(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I swear I know lol
It's just a sad truth. Imagine how many Americans get this and the effect/impressions they will have about Nigeria. Even though the informations in the email is true, I still somehow feel very said that they left everything out like that. At least help us save face nah sad
I don’t think you get it.

Would you travel to Afghanistan today? Highly unlikely. That’s because most of us believe it’s a war torn country. What happens to people who believe it’s a safe place?

Everything in the email is very true and it doesn’t make sense for them to hold such vital info from their citizens just because they want to save face. They wouldn’t want their citizens to visit Nigeria and then realize that Nigeria is a deep mess. Those are people who care about their citizens.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I swear I know lol
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27G0JI do you know how much it costs to rescue and negotiate when Americans are kidnapped They are doing the right thing

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Teaser4(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Truth!!!

Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Originalsly: 2:57am On Apr 24, 2021
Bro..... your brother used your email address to apply for Green Card..... if he is successful.... which is most likely to take more than 2 years but let's say he was successful in less... he will be a Permanent Resident.... not a citizen... therefore will not get any advisory from the government.
If you don't agree with the advisories the US gives to its citizens about travelling to Nigeria why not just say so? Why everything must be built on a lie? You feel bad about the advisories... don't you feel bad that you can't share your view without wrapping it in a big lie?
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by marylandcakes: 6:58am On Apr 24, 2021
This happens when a government cares for its citizens. Maybe Nigeria should take a leaf from their book. There is nothing wrong in the advice, I wouldn’t advise any friend of mine who is a foreigner to visit Nigeria.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:36am On Apr 24, 2021
Originalsly:
Bro..... your brother used your email address to apply for Green Card..... if he is successful.... which is most likely to take more than 2 years but let's say he was successful in less... he will be a Permanent Resident.... not a citizen... therefore will not get any advisory from the government.
If you don't agree with the advisories the US gives to its citizens about travelling to Nigeria why not just say so? Why everything must be built on a lie? You feel bad about the advisories... don't you feel bad that you can't share your view without wrapping it in a big lie?
I just said it the way it is and you called it a lie. Do you think everyone lies over everything like you or what cuz I don't understand why I'll lie about this. Ah, what will now be true to you? People are crazy on this forum sha. Is it "too-know" or what? Do you work at the consulate?

Anyway, THAT IS EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS, if you think policies don't change then you need to update your database.
As of now, all you need to do is drop your email as an American from Nigeria or presently in Nigeria and you get travel advice like this every month, the same advice is also update on the US embassy website. Has nothing to do with permanent residence or citizenship and there is zero verification process to it. Don't insult my intelligence with your gullibility.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Originalsly: 11:01am On Apr 24, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Anyway, THAT IS EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS, if you think policies don't change then you need to update your database.

As of now, all you need to do is drop your email as an American from Nigeria or presently in Nigeria and you get travel advice like this every month

Policies change all the time. What hasn't changed is a Permanent Resident being an American. You in your post want us to believe your brother merely applied for Green Card.... and was getting advisories from the US government. Is it now once you fill out application you are considered an American? Do let me know so I can learn something new today.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2021
Originalsly:

Policies change all the time. What hasn't changed is a Permanent Resident being an American. You in your post want us to believe your brother merely applied for Green Card.... and was getting advisories from the US government. Is it now once you fill out application you are considered an American? Do let me know so I can learn something new today.
Imagine how blindly you're arguing over something you're obviously very wrong about. I find it very very disgusting. Even if you're a Nigeria, there are some forms you'll fill that will enable you get this kind of emails. Especially during Covid 19 pandemic. The advisary emails has nothing to do with any application you put in for. It's sent by the embassy in Lagos! As long as you're in Nigeria and you're from the US. Either a resident or a citizen. Always get your facts right and study everything carefully before starting an argument.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Cousin9999: 8:00pm On May 13, 2021
Op is a proxy troll.

Btw here is the US advisory for Mexico:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html
Do not travel to Mexico due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime and kidnapping. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Mexico due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Mexico.

Do Not Travel To:

Colima state due to crime.
Guerrero state due to crime.
Michoacán state due to crime.
Sinaloa state due to crime.
Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.
Reconsider Travel To:

Chihuahua state due to crime.
Coahuila state due to crime.
Durango state due to crime.
Jalisco state due to crime.
Mexico state due to crime.
Morelos state due to crime.
Nayarit state due to crime.
Nuevo Leon state due to crime.
San Luis Potosi state due to crime.
Sonora state due to crime.
Zacatecas state due to crime.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Raph82(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2021
See, they've done nothing wrong here, it is the full responsibility of any government to protect it's citizens no matter what. US wouldn't want to take that kind of risk they took the other time to rescue their citizens from the den of kidnappers in Sokoto. That kind of rescue mission is dangerous, the more reason they need to keep their citizens well informed about Nigeria.
Re: What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria by Vickym1(f): 9:37pm On May 19, 2021
Naija don cast

(1) (Reply)

United Kingdom Has Left European Union. / The 14 Most Restricted Areas Of The World That You Can’t Visit / Where Is The Best And Easier Country To Travel To With Less Funds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.