Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

The Problems With Learning A Handwork. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. (19651 Views)

Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / I'm In Need Of Advice On A Handwork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
for me here are few of the problems:
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

You are free to add yours.
these are just but a few problems you will ecounter when you decide to go into handwork.
but las las there is no sure road to success just do what fits you and everythings gon be alright. cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by smartty68(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
In-All-In-All; having something to do with your hands rather than having to wait for blue collar jobs and acquiring certificates upandan still remains best. Except you want to become a politician.

56 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by rawtouch: 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
shocked

capital can be sourced from friends and relations, the key is to start small and expand as the business grows

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Luqso1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
Learn handwork with sch. Nd you're good to go
I'm currently studying at Unilag, 400L while I've attended a technical sch before, now I'm bouyant and ambitious cos my handwork dey pay me well

29 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by KingAttitude(m): 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
“What will people say?”

Me! A whole Graduate..

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by bigdammyj: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Noted
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Highbeepeeh(m): 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well that's your own point of view....

Poor or zero capital I don't think that's a problem, you that you're learning should already have a plan on how to raise money after you're through with learning.
E.g Find a factory work to raise Capital

Offensive boss, Niggerrr you've got to pay a price for what you want to gain, if your boss is offensive take it as the way God create HIM OR HER just concentrate more on what you're learning and forget about the boss attitude, if you care more for your boss and it's obvious to Him or Her, then sense will call the boss sef to order.

Low customer or patronage, Work more on the Environment you want to set up your business and if you're very good, your skill will bring customers.
Then never Forget GOD, Always call him cos HE didn't create you to SUFFER, let HIM known what you're going through, surely HE will answer you

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by eaddyboy: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Just be extremely good, honest and smart at whatever your hand findeth to do and doors will open for you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by DamnnNiggarr: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
sad

Its well
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Ekakamba: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2021

Problems no dey finish. Jah bless our hustle.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Dobbes(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Handwork is the best in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
We will rather want to talk about the advantages instead of coming online to discourage people that are about to make a decision in moving their lives forward for the best.
@[/b], We say the truth as it is.
Some kinda threads are not supposed to make it to the Frontpage honestly, and this is one of them.
Pessimism is written all over it.

That being said......

Lucrative handwork may be the best option for some people, especially those who appreciate the fact that having a skill is one of the greatest assets one can have.

[b]Slot of Nigerian today have they certificate in so many areas of life and with good grades but no work for some of them and because they do not have a lucrative handworks it has become a heavy load to them now cause some are already old and can't adapt to anyone

Jobs can fail easily, a business may collapse easily but great skills hardly die.
If the skills are lucrative ones you sure you have something that will be fetching your money steadily.

One of the needs for having a skill is great, be it handwork or other types of skills, is that whereas many jobs will fail, skills hardly fail you.

Also, when you have a skill it becomes easier for you to venture into a business because you have something of value to offer.
If you have nothing to offer, don’t expect money or any form of payment in return.

Addendum :
Watch out for 50 handwork you can learn in Nigeria....(if time permit us to type them all)

Guys,
Legit Hustle is the way to a good and beautiful life,
That you will enjoy your money with peace of mind.
Keep pushing on guys, One day Hustle go pay.
God no go shame una

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dobbes:
Handwork is the best in Nigeria
GBAMSOLUTELY!!!

END of Thread!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Kennyking1234: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
After learning a handwork you get something called "entrepreneur seizure". You think you can run a business because you know the technical part, but doing it as a business is another game.

3 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by merits(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021

5 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by elasticlala: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
So many competitors

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by melaniaup: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
On God
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Elock1: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
cryplease nairalanders, which kin biz I fit do with 5h to 8h...im in uyo currently

Help a brother with ideas biko b4 I chop the money finish
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by IMASTEX: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
[1] poor or zero capital: Not all require much to startup. Beside if you're good, some bosses do part away some equipment to encourage you. Some also allow you extra stay after graduation where he will be paying for your services, so you could raise some funds. You might also get good connections from customers who may be willing to invest in you.

[2] offenssive boss: Nigeria is filled with the bad, good & the ugly. They are all in every sectors. You can decide to tolerate the excesses grab the skill faster and jet out or switch the boss.

[3] low customers or patronage: My people say, who know work nor need signboard. When you're good at your services, friendly & above all very honest. Na you go run from patronage.

[4] Conclusion: It is the best option now in this present Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by OceanEye: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
HANDWORK is the best for now. Getting customers these days depends on the kind of handwork you choose. There some handworks that would enable you to get much customers with the advantage of today's digital world.

However, it much better and easier when you admit yourself into apprenticeship at much younger age.

I spent 4 years into apprenticeship immediately after my secondary school, and that didn't hinderd me from furthering my education.

Today, it's that handwork that is taking care of myself and my family.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by GreaterFuture3: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
It i really something tbh. When you go through the system like that you come to understand so many things more deeply. But overall, ilcsn be very valuable.

Me for example, I am a House Painter. I have always been involved in construction and things from a young age, so a few years after I left school, I kept going along with an older friend for jobs and with time I decided to Just be a full time apprentice with him, today Painting is part of my Skills Set.
I now also do Gardening, Horticultural, Beautification and Flower works. One very good big contract from any of these two, can change one's life.

Nairalanders Call me for House Painting and designing, and any Kind of Flowering & Horticultural/Planting work, even if you want to Set up a football Field smiley
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Thermodynamics(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Everything has its own disadvantage
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by iammo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
before going into a profession or learning handwork, look at the networth and asset of the richest Artisan in your locality

4 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Sugarcious(m): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
Mjhg
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Johnkennie(m): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
I don't have anything to say for now
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Skillsnigeria: 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
hmmm, I started my own with the little I have back then, but now nobody want to start small.some are even thinking of bigger business they can't start,instead of them to think of smaller business they can easily start and switch to their original business later when there is money/fund

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Liposure: 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
aspire to perspire
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Bbqgrillsnafool: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
post=101236352:

GBAMSOLUTELY!!!

END of Thread!
chai BMC na handwork?

3 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Jauroseun: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
Just IN

How Nigeria Army Carry out first ever solo mission with Heavy Fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NihfjcbvcHI
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Marvieduke(f): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
All the points you stated are correct and true. Especially having a offensive boss what is a turn off for me.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by tunary(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
hmmm
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Offpoint1: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
qwr

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do A Woman Can Also Do (photos) / Meet Olayemi Samson, Nigerian Enterpreneur Making Fashion Out Of Trash / I'm Considering Leaving Medicine - Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.