Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts (49745 Views)

Sheikh Jassim Withdraws Bid To Buy Manchester United. / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts / El-clasico: Sergio Ramos Elbows Lionel Messi, He Reacts Furious (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by FeedMeNews: 6:54am On Apr 23, 2021
Chairman of Heirs Holdings Tony Elumelu on Thursday spoke on the possibility of buying the majority stakes in Manchester United, Igbere TV reports.

There have been growing frustrations at the Glazer family, owners of the club, following its decision to join the breakaway European Super League which has now fallen through.

Fans broke into the club’s Carrington training ground on Thursday and protested against the Glazer ownership.

Responding to a Twitter user
@victorpazubuike who urged Mr Elumelu to “create a consortium of investors” and buy the club, the UBA chairman said any investor would jump at the offer to own a stake at the Manchester club.

https://twitter.com/victorpazubuike/status/1384587642034077696?s=20

He, however, stated his reservation being global sports politics.

“Lol. I know Man United has a solid fan base that is fiercely loyal to the club. Any investor will jump at an offer to own a piece of it… but global sports politics” he tweeted.

https://twitter.com/TonyOElumelu/status/1385225601565462529?s=20

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and three other Premier League clubs that make up the ‘Big Six’ were forced to quit the Super League after it raised dust among fans and other stakeholders.

Elumelu is not the only Nigerian billionaire to be associated with the prospects of buying an English football club. Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote has spoken severally about his desire to buy Arsenal which is currently owned by American Stan Kroenke.

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Highbeepeeh(m): 6:59am On Apr 23, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Minjim: 7:00am On Apr 23, 2021
He no easy

Man united is hot Akara and Elumelu is not in the clique of world billionaires.

We are talking $ and £ here .

Stop putting him in a spot.

I don't think he rolls with the top world billionaires for them to trust him with their millions. We all know how precarious football biz is.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 23, 2021
He wants to be a zebra!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by BlessedNuel: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2021
I so much respect this man

He came to our school some weeks back for Joshua Generation International Youth conference and I must confess,his speech was so inspirational.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2021
Nigerians running abroad to buy clubs while the NPFL is in total shambles.

I can't imagine the fan base of Man U and Arsenal should our money bags buy them over.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Pepecushy(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2021
na so dey go dey claim nonsense shebi na so dangote dey do gra gra say I wan buy arsenal why Dem no say there money Neva reach

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by paulolee(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2021
lokz...it wont be that easy...you think they are no rich business men in the whole of Europe that are even richer than elumelu bt they don't have any chance of buying such a big club..
owning a football club in Europe is mainly influenced by the politics played by sets of rich business cartels and you cnt jus spring up with ur billions to own a big club no matter how rich you are.
its even a lot difficult to own shares in such club n dts d global politics he is talking about...
if its dt easy, dangote would have stand a chance of owning arsenal after trying soo hard for years..

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by NwaNimo1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Seniorwriter(m): 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
Money talks rubbish stops.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by pointstores(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
Wow
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Ademola47(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Good move, I must say

1 Like

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Promoter2: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Good business man.

1 Like

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Judithjovial(f): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
My signature is the Future, don't miss out
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by AroleOduduwa2: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
That awkward moment when you realize Messi is richer than this guy

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Pele10: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Mr tony it cheaper for you to buy an established nigerian club and invenst and make it a continental force.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by qtguru(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
He gave us Money for Efiko, when we were working on a mobile app, the guy really champions local development.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by careytommy37(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
The Glazers will never willingly sell. The fans have to force them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by BigJoe19: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Larrydis: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
You have to weigh the odds before investment.
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by budusky05(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Why not invest in Nigeria leagues
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Is a shame that despite all the billionaires Nigeria have, we cannot galvanise a strong league which can be a pride of Africa.

Dangote wants to buy Arsenal while this man wants to buy Man U.

Cant Nigeria come up with a strong plan to get these guys buy our club and make it very gainful.

We can even say the winner of our league will get oil blocks to take it away from useless politicians.

To be a black is surely not a day job.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by ozark(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
Money is talking
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by GreaterFuture3: 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Bustincole(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
Im praying for Nigerian man to own a club in Europe... Expecially in England

God please grant my wish

God Bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by SEYILIGHT(m): 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
Na womanchester
Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by CheedyJ(m): 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
TheGiftedOne:

I can't imagine the fan base of Man U and Arsenal should our money bags buy them over.
If you’re an investor,would you buy any NPFL club the way the league is being run? Be objective and not sentimental okay

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by ofiko123(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
It is his money, he can spend it anyhow he feels like..

1 Like

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by toscolee(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
TheGiftedOne:

You're welcome to use your money and buy the entire NPFL out of patriotism. It will be the best investment for you in years, my dear patriot.

3 Likes

Re: Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ok. It is noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Cristiano Ronaldo Rejoined Manchester United / Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights / Anthony Joshua Shares First Photo After His Defeat By Andy Ruiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.