Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,941 members, 7,848,791 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward (320 Views)

Bayo Onanuga Disgraced Again with facts / Obidients Rubbishes All Negative News With Facts..in Minutes / Mind Blowing Facts And Great Discoveries Pt2 (GRAPHIC PICTURES INSIDE). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by missfrancess(f): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2021
Let crack our brains
Question of the day
Is teaching a profession? If your answer is yes or No Explain with Facts ,5k for anyone who have the best convincing answer
Re: Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by PlayMaker14: 8:36am On Apr 23, 2021
Teaching is a noble profession and it's equally a profession that is filled with so much fun.

During my service year, I was posted to a school as my place of primary assignment and I was to carry out the duties as a teacher...

During the course of carrying out this duty, I find out some facts about this noble profession which I will list below;

-In this profession, you make difference in a child's life everyday.

-It challenges you intellectually, emotionally, and creatively to be the best you can be.

-It molds you to become an expert at behavior management and organizing your time.

-You play the role of coach, cheerleader, friend, comedian, and parent every single day.

-It also gives you uninterrupted time to plan for next academic session.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by missfrancess(f): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2021
PlayMaker14:
smiley
you dey fear ?
Re: Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by PlayMaker14: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2021
missfrancess:
you dey fear ?
My comment is up there.
Re: Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by Joshdboss(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2021
Teaching is not a profession, it's a service to humanity. Any body can be a teacher, not only those who teach in school. A parent teaches a child good manners, respect for elders, and some other life nuggets that a teacher may not, so that that child becomes responsible to the society.
Teaching goes far beyond academic learning. Pastors teach their members the word of God, so they can grow. An elderly man, will teach a young man wisdom he has gained from his life experiences, hopefully so that the young man won't make the same mistakes the elderly man made. A professional too, will have to teach his apprentice, so he too can become a professional one day.
So, teaching is not a profession. It's a basic service to humanity. everyone teaches in one way or the other, and not all get paid for it. infact the most crucial teachers (e.g parents, pastors), do not get paid for their service.
That's my humble opinion. thanks.
Re: Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by Premiumwriter: 11:03am On Apr 23, 2021
missfrancess:
Let crack our brains
Question of the day
Is teaching a profession? If your answer is yes or No Explain with Facts ,5k for anyone who have the best convincing answer

Teaching is a profession in its noun form. A profession is a paid occupation and one that involves training.

Formal teaching is a paid occupation and individuals who are teachers are usually paid for their services.

Even in its crudest form, one can still consider teaching as a profession though the payment for the services rendered may not be immediately known.

Teaching involves a teacher and a student. A teacher is someone who is knowledgeable about a field and is considered an expert or a master in that particular field. Hence informally, these teachers are often called master.

A student in the other hand is an individual who knows little to nothing about a particular field but has a desire to learn more about the field. The student is a novice in the field.

This difference between the master and the novice creates the NEED/DEMAND for which the services of a teacher can satisfy. In satisfying this need, the teacher is often paid in kind or in deed or in cash... Whichever method the teacher chooses.

Teaching as a profession goes beyond the four walls of a classroom or the formal setting for which it has been associated.

Many teachers abound and teaches in different ways and areas. For instance, The relationship between an apprentice and his/her master is a learning relationship which falls under the teaching profession.

As such, for one to become a tailor, one does not need to attend a formal school. But rather one can hire the services of a professional tailor, learn under him and become a tailor as well.

The teacher in turn get paid a fee or even require of the apprentice to render some services which would otherwise have cost him an equivalent fee if he were to hire someone to perform such tasks. The apprentice can clean, wash or closeup after him in return he learns from the teacher.

The end goal of any teaching regardless of the field in question is usually the same and it is for the student who is a novice to become like the teacher who is a master.

As such, whether in formal setting or informal, teaching is considered a profession and one which the teacher is paid for his services.

And the teacher always in one way or the other is rewarded for his services regardless of the amount or the form of payment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward by missfrancess(f): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Joshdboss:
Teaching is not a profession, it's a service to humanity. Any body can be a teacher, not only those who teach in school. A parent teaches a child good manners, respect for elders, and some other life nuggets that a teacher may not, so that that child becomes responsible to the society.
Teaching goes far beyond academic learning. Pastors teach their members the word of God, so they can grow. An elderly man, will teach a young man wisdom he has gained from his life experiences, hopefully so that the young man won't make the same mistakes the elderly man made. A professional too, will have to teach his apprentice, so he too can become a professional one day.
So, teaching is not a profession. It's a basic service to humanity. everyone teaches in one way or the other, and not all get paid for it. infact the most crucial teachers (e.g parents, pastors), do not get paid for their service.
That's my humble opinion. thanks.
really

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When IELTS Withheld One's Result? / Learn Days Of The Week In Yoruba Language / Quantitative Reasoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.