Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns (48590 Views)

Peace In Health Sector Threatened As FG Stops Salaries Of Medical House Officers / BREAKING: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns / Wonder Of Goron- Tula Fruit On Fertility And All Other Health Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Steve0979(m): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2021
[quote author=booscy post=101070026]

Abeg shift.

Nigerians have been surviving by mixing drugs from CHEMIST shops or drinking AGBO concoctions.

DO WE HAVE A HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?

Taa make we hear word.
Many HAVE DIED PREMATURELY via the carelessness and trial and error experimental by these people ABEG!!!!

Yet their services are not affordable.
[/quote ]omo u spoke my mind.some of dem know sabi anything DAT u begin to wonder if dey are d Almighty doctors we do hear abt
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by donbenie(m): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2021
booscy:
Dem don too chop abeg.

Why are they complaining?

Other fresh graduates wey no see shishi nko?
For NYSC that year Dem go dey oppress fellow corps members.

Even me wey dey comment ITF still dey owe me my fifteen thousand naira Industrial training stipend since 2008.
Shut up angry
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Zanotty(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2021
Anytime devil hear naija e,dy shock am cus we dy compete with am for doings.some mofos dy support this decision.just pray make nothing carry Una come hospital.na dia u go sabi zanku na legwork
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Manty(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2021
Jolomenas:

You must be very stupid, go and study medicine and treat yourself idiot
He is more dan stupid. He sounds like a goat, to be precise a he goat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by mamatwiny(f): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2021
Truth is that it is unpaid in even developed countries. It is a placement.

But if I were a medical doctor, nothing will ever make me practise in Nigeria.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by UnimkeAk(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2021
dokgen:

The people wey don too chop, wey you dey hate are the ones supporting the fragile health of your country from breaking down in shambles. If you think say e easy, run am go do medicine.

The quality of healthcare will decline steadily, because, nobody will do slave work for free, and the basic job of taking history and bedside assessment will suffer. Laboratory result collection and specimens submission too will suffer massively. Do you know the huge role NYSC doctors, cover, when you discourage them, with no salary, who will fill that vaccuum?

NO worry, when you get diarrhea, and nurse tell you say make you extract your own blood yourself, na when you go understand as e dey go. You should weep for the nigerian populace. There will be massice depopulatio and brain drain. prett soon.
Wahala for who dey go government hospital

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2021
Coldie:
I see nothing wrong with it.

Maybe it's bcuz u've not been to a teaching hospital before. I've been there nd I know d work of those doctors. Go to neuro department nd see how an officer will work from 6am to 11pm nd resume by 6 am next day.
I've seen a situation that d house officer had to faint for them to give him a 2 day break.
Go to accident nd emergency nd see their work.
Go to physiotherapy department nd see what they go through.
They are been paid btw 120-150k which is even too small for their work.

When u put people that didn't go to school in position that's what u get . How many Fulani can work as an house officer in a teaching hospital down here?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by 9japride(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2021
Zanotty:
God bless u.u re one of the reasonable ones.even this country dy shock devil
[color=#006600][/color]

I get scared daily about the mindset of Nigerians when I read things online. No empathy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Hassanmaye(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
they don't,

They're worse off.

A lot of the nigerian masses are about to land in the hands of quacks.
Blood of Zachariah even private hospitals we are in trouble
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by sirqeeboi(m): 11:53am On Apr 24, 2021
Alwaysachick:

No more money for house and car. My uncle built his first house with money gotten from this, my cousin who just got married bought his wife a car with same money.

I don't feel sorry for those affected because most of them supported this APC govt because all was going well with them.

They forgot how to emphatize, most of them even became proud.

The allowance plenty like that?
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by AfroKnight: 11:53am On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:

Simple, interns do the bulk of the work in teaching hospitals. They do the stuff no one else wants to do. If they are not paid. Well.
The first person who sees rhe the sick person in a hospital is no longer being paid.

He or she is free to do anyhow with your body and say he/she is still a student

Afterall, they will work for free.

They should not do calls either. So if you are sick at night, Gobe!!

Doctor you are threatening people o. Please, Be calming down.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by sirmustyla(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2021
Most of the learner health care practitioners after the FG would have spent so much to train them would run away to greener pastures. The FG should consider paying allowance to engineering and computer/infotech graduate for internship that's what the country needs now. How many peple go to the hospital? Most people these days just can not afford or result to self medication and trado.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by fareemah: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2021
They want to Nigeria to Liberia where doctors are imported from other Africa countries. Hmmmm Steady decline on human capital index. It wil affect other social indicators.
gen:

The people wey don too chop, wey you dey hate are the ones supporting the fragile health of your country from breaking down in shambles. If you think say e easy, run am go do medicine.

The quality of healthcare will decline steadily, because, nobody will do slave work for free, and the basic job of taking history and bedside assessment will suffer. Laboratory result collection and specimens submission too will suffer massively. Do you know the huge role NYSC doctors, cover, when you discourage them, with no salary, who will fill that vaccuum?

NO worry, when you get diarrhea, and nurse tell you say make you extract your own blood yourself, na when you go understand as e dey go. You should weep for the nigerian populace. There will be massice depopulatio and brain drain. prett soon.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by cutievik: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2021
juniorstar:
The foolish masses that are in support of this wont understand that THIS VERY ACT IS DIRECTED AT THEM..the ppl making these laws can afford to send their families overseas for medical treatment. At this stage. Medical student would be preparing to write foreign exams while they strive to move to the next class so once they finish. They wont bother spending one week in THIS SHITHOLE CALLED NIGERIA. neighbouring countries would capitalize on this development to improve their own health system by allowing these young medical grads the opportunity to do a paid internship and when they are done they can still go to UK and say dey have done an internship.and to HELL with NYSC...cos it's even during NYSC they squander the money saved during HOUSE JOB COS the money drastically reduces except they are into other side hustle. The main intention here is to make sure they live in PERPETUAL PENURY so dey cant make their dreams of going abroad to get better exposure. If the senior ones in the Medical profession keep quiet at this stage then those odd work and midnight calls left for the medical house officer they should be ready to do it and when they get tired they would do the needful. GUESS THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC TAUGHT THIS PPL NOTHING. A FOOL AT FORTY IS A FOOL FOREVER.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Yankee101: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2021
Is this a joke?

USMLE
PLAB
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Hassanmaye(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2021
booscy:

Abeg shift.

Nigerians have been surviving by mixing drugs from CHEMIST shops or drinking AGBO concoctions.

DO WE HAVE A HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?

Taa make we hear word.
Many HAVE DIED PREMATURELY via the carelessness and trial and error experimental by these people ABEG!!!!

Yet their services are not affordable.
Hmmmm
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Incandescent(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2021
murphyibiam15:

It cut across all health workers though, when you take that your sick father to hospital and they ignore him and he dies don't come here complaining of how he was neglected, thank you

Sickness is far from my household.

Las las na doctor you be not God.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by edoairways: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2021
nwanna89:
this is one of the reasons this action was taken....

There were reports of interns finishing their one year internship with one organization and instead of collecting their permanent licenses, they hold onto their temporary licenses and apply to another organization as fresh intakes. They get appointment letters, obviously after greasing some official's palms and they get paid again for another year.

So, there were cases of people staying as interns for many years and getting paid without the govt's knowledge.
You only experience this before of lack of database
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by addexx: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
well then.
It seems that going to medical school is no longer worth the risk..

Everybody will now want to be an engineer.

Hopefully this means they will no longer be used as houseboys and girls in teaching hospitals.

They will no longer do calls especially those 96hr straight calls.

This is all shades of bleeped up.

Dear prospsective jambites. Medicine is no longer worth its high cutoff mark. Go and do engineering and IT.

Housemanship is not studentship. How dumb are these elites?

Its really pathetic and irksome the kind of animals making decisions for this nation. How can. It doesn't make sense. It's like scrapping NYSC allowance because corpers are 'learning'. The anger in me now makes me just wanna cry. God knows if my finger touches the worthless dungs that petitioned and signed this barbarism, they'll all turn to dust.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omasa: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
If this is true then it is a very stupid move. These are the young set of medical field professionals that you should encourage so they do not run out of this country. So many countries will gladly welcome them and pay. Nigeria my country una weldone
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
dokgen:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nimedhealth.com.ng/2021/04/23/breaking-fg-scraps-salary-for-medical-house-officers-and-other-health-interns/%3famp
This is what you get when you have a system where you have professional rivalry. Everyone was fighting for their professional group and sabotaging each other. Incidentally, the current HOS was once an intern who herself must have gotten paid during her internship but obviously must have lost her voice because of the embarrassing level of rivalry in the health sector. I remember our days then, we worked together but not now anymore. I pity those who will not have places for locum to earn extra with the allowance.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by godofuck231: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
The fathers have decided to eat the food and also take the lives of their children so they can survive, it’s now over to jungle justice, survival of the fittest

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omonnakoda: 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
Crazy and provocative?

Are ARD /Resident doctors not trainees too?

Does that happen anywhere in the world?
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by MrOkenwa(m): 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
The main motivation that makes the HOs to work like the houseboy that they used to call us in those days is gonna stop. embarassed
With the current situation of things, only few fresh doctors would be willing to stay back to practice in Nigeria.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
well then.
It seems that going to medical school is no longer worth the risk..

Everybody will now want to be an engineer.

Hopefully this means they will no longer be used as houseboys and girls in teaching hospitals.

They will no longer do calls especially those 96hr straight calls.

This is all shades of bleeped up.

Dear prospsective jambites. Medicine is no longer worth its high cutoff mark. Go and do engineering and IT.

Housemanship is not studentship. How dumb are these elites?

@Dr FunmisticGlow I'm about to retake jamb this year applying to medicine, though I'm a part 3 student in one federal school in the southwest... some folks of mine(even med student) discouraged from pursuing medicine considering the state of Nigeria's health system...I have a deep interest in tech(coding),they say I should pursue that instead

Let's say I was your younger brother,what advice would you give me?

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by venabili: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
Skyfly007:
You won't understand until you are at the mercy of one of these unpaid doctors at the hospital (GOD frobid though)

Why God forbid nw? Only then can he see sense. And when he comes to nairaland to solicit for funds, he will create a new moniker and sound sober.
Nigeria has so many demented and dim witted fools sha
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by alyarmouk(m): 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
Although Nigeria is among the less than 2% countries of the world that pays for medical housemanship....but then..it should have been a form of encouragement for these young scientists..knowing the hardship n workload they endure daily... It's a wrong turn.

4 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Immune1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Whats further saddening is this being implemented in the tenure (head of service) of a dental surgeon .....could this be a personal vendetta in action?? Is she pained she didn't become a medical doctor

I am speaking without bias as an engineer, one of the comfort medical students have is that sure 1year salary from internship. This is a sad development that must be reversed....really sad.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omonnakoda: 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
nwanna89:
this is one of the reasons this action was taken....

There were reports of interns finishing their one year internship with one organization and instead of collecting their permanent licenses, they hold onto their temporary licenses and apply to another organization as fresh intakes. They get appointment letters, obviously after greasing some official's palms and they get paid again for another year.

So, there were cases of people staying as interns for many years and getting paid without the govt's knowledge.
What a ridiculous thing to think and say How many exactly are these so called "reports"

Why would anyone do this? Don't they have ambition to step up?
Why would they "grease palms" as you say to stay stagnant?
Are there no "ghost" workers in other agences ?

Even if this were true ? How logical is this "solution"

3 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by addexx: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
tishbite41:
I weak

Bros I weak with you cry
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omonnakoda: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
Immune1:
Whats further saddening is this being implemented in the tenure (head of service) of a dental surgeon .....could this be a personal vendetta in action?? Is she pained she didn't become a medical doctor

I am speaking without bias as an engineer, one of the comfort medical students have is that sure 1year salary from internship. This is a sad development that must be reversed....really sad.
Dentist will be affected too
anyway it will not happen.
it is empty talk
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
omonnakoda:
Crazy and provocative?

Are ARD /Resident doctors not trainees too?

Does that happen anywhere in the world?
Oh Oh!! Now we now remember ARD are trainees grin
Resident doctors that are in a bizarre case of injustice instituted by the late Prof. Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, being paid even more than full fledge Health care professionals in the hospital system. The injustice will end up consuming everyone. After the interns, the Resident Doctors are next. The payment for residency training is as good as part of their professional training too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Kenyan Lady, Monny Muthoni Commits Suicide (photos) / COVID-19: Elegushi Beach Crowded. No Social Distancing (Video) / Experiencing Wet Dream Everyday; Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.