Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate (784 Views)

NÀÌJÁ THROWBACK: The Asaba – Onitsha Crossing, 1959 & Now / Anambra State Students Win Gold At International Debate Championship / Meet This 16 Year Old Nigerian Genius.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Hintona(f): 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
Watch how this 16 year old Nigerian debated with other students from other countries in Africa.

It's amazing how a 16 year old can be this informed about history.

Something which is very rare nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840XWjnt9wc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by NiklauseFred(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
What I love most is his carriage cool

Is that dude still alive?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by christejames(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2021
I watched the video on twitter and marveled...

See how composed and intelligent he is, answering questions pertaining prejudice on race which he single-handedly carried the black race on his back. Nigeria has since been playing the role of big brother in the continent.

The Ghanaian said that they (Ghanaians) have prejudice against Nigerians, that they see us as below their level that that's why many Nigerians could be found in Accra doing menial jobs.
Note: Ghana was rich in gold and agriculture (cocoa) then while Nigeria was still grappling with agriculture before the advent of oil.

The South African teenage white girl was trying to justifying apartheid against black South Africans saying that they got to the land before the zulu that prior to their arrival the zulus where still migrating to South Africa from the north. That it was the white that brought development to South Africa.

The Ethiopian guy there was just confused saying they have prejudice against the blacks that Ethiopians are Jews. The Nigerian guy after tackling both the South African girl and Ghanaian girl looked at the Ethiopian and saw him as confused. Go to youtube and see how present day Ethiopians are rejecting the views of the guy that they are Africans while applauding the Nigerian who stood for blacks.

His demeanor and poise at answering questions is unlike today's teenage students, he answered like a university scholar with composure (I bet some today's undergraduate can't do that).

His name is Boniface Offorkaja, he later became the chairman of Anambra Broadcasting Corporation where Pete Edochie also worked, unfortunately, he died three years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by christejames(m): 10:57am On Apr 25, 2021
NiklauseFred:
What I love most is his carriage cool

Is that dude still alive?

He died three years ago.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by NiklauseFred(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2021
christejames:

He died three years ago.

Really sad. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2021
I watched it too, the guy was awesome , infact I. temporary became overwhelmed with aims of becoming a politician after watching his grasp and understanding of world politics.

.he was by far the best among all those present and delt with, every question with clear vastness and maturity

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by NiklauseFred(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Hintona I just went through ur profile and posts and I must say,you seem like an intelligent fellow.

You have earned a 'follow' from me. cool
Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2021
Chidorx60:
I watched it too, the guy was awesome , infact I. temporary became overwhelmed with aims of becoming a politician after watching his grasp and understanding of world politics.

.he was by far the best among all those present and delt with, every question with clear vastness and maturity

Unlike some disgraceful people on Nairaland,he didn't have inferiority complex.
Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Hintona(f): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
christejames:

See how composed and intelligent he is, answering questions pertaining prejudice on race which he single-handedly carried the black race on his back. Nigeria has since been playing the role of big brother in the continent.

The Ghanaian said that they (Ghanaians) have prejudice against Nigerians, that they see us as below their level that that's why many Nigerians could be found in Accra doing menial jobs.
Note: Ghana was rich in gold and agriculture (cocoa) then while Nigeria was still grappling with agriculture before the advent of oil.

The South African teenage white girl was trying to justifying apartheid against black South Africans saying that they got to the land before the zulu that prior to their arrival the zulus where still migrating to South Africa from the north. That it was the white that brought development to South Africa.

The Ethiopian guy there was just confused saying they have prejudice against the blacks that Ethiopians are Jews. The Nigerian guy after tackling both the South African girl and Ghanaian girl looked at the Ethiopian and saw him as confused. Go to youtube and see how present day Ethiopians are rejecting the views of the guy that they are Africans while applauding the Nigerian who stood for blacks.

His demeanor and poise at answering questions is unlike today's teenage students, he answered like a university scholar with composure (I bet some today's undergraduate can't do that).

His name is Boniface Offorkaja, he later became the chairman of Anambra Broadcasting Corporation where Pete Edochie also worked, unfortunately, he died three years ago.

I was even laughing when he was debating with the white girl. Even though the girl is smart she let her emotions get in the way she was just shouting ridiculous without giving any valid point. But Boniface was cool and calm yet savage.

And there was something Boniface said that really threw me off. He told the white girl to imagine how bad it'll be for South Africa if the blacks are elected into power after all the years of apartheid. And recently I read an article on Quora about how bad some white South Africans are treated by blacks in South Africa because the blacks think the white South Africans are more privileged. And to think that this was foretold by a 16 year old 64 years ago.

The Ethiopian is a burnt Hebrew grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Hintona(f): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
christejames:

Even though the Nigerian did well there were some faults in his facts.

He said that the Dutch settlers on the cape were driven from their lands in Europe but that is not true, it was the French settlers the Huguenots that were driven from their lands to the cape for refusing to convert to Catholicism.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Hintona(f): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Hintona I just went through ur profile and posts and I must say,you seem like an intelligent fellow.

You have earned a 'follow' from me. cool

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by christejames(m): 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hintona:

Even though the Nigerian did well there were some faults in his facts.

He said that the Dutch settlers on the cape were driven from their lands in Europe but that is not true, it was the French settlers the Huguenots that were driven from their lands to the cape for refusing to convert to Catholicism.

That should be the part he erred...

Nice one.
Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by christejames(m): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hintona:

I was even laughing when he was debating with the white girl. Even though the girl is smart she let her emotions get in the way she was just shouting ridiculous without giving any valid point. But Boniface was cool and calm yet savage.

And there was something Boniface said that really threw me off. He told the white girl to imagine how bad it'll be for South Africa if the blacks are elected into power after all the years of apartheid. And recently I read an article on Quora about how bad some white South Africans are treated by blacks in South Africa because the blacks think the white South Africans are more privileged. And to think that this was foretold by a 16 year old 64 years ago.

The Ethiopian is a burnt Hebrew grin

She was so emotional!

That revelation is playing out already about South Africa... xenophobia is also an offshoot of that apartheid regime somewhat.

The Ethiopian guy, his case is different.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by christejames(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
NwaAmaikpe
Re: Throwback: The Eloquence Of This 16 Year Old Nigerian In An International Debate by Bokison: 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
such an intellectual fellow... the truth is, from time immemorial, Nigerians are known for displaying such level of brilliancy. i will same this video to be watched letter

(1) (Reply)

Unofficial Transcript(uniben) / 3 Policemen And Others Burnt To Death As Vehicle Rams Bullion Van In Kebbi (phot / Nine Indian Students Commit Suicide After Exam Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.