Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Talent Hunt Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Talent Hunt Advice (132 Views)

The 52-year Hunt For A Missing Girl / What Is Your Talent? / Jumia Treasure Hunt - Live Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talent Hunt Advice by Jacksparrow7(m): 9:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
Have you ever heard that those with talent don't need to work hard?
That those without talent need to work hard?
I heard the story of a man. When he was a child he knew nothing like talent. He was dull. Till he made a decision to score 40 and above in his pry 3 promotion exam. Exam was over 60. He has always been doing poorly as every other playful child in school, but this time he was serious and he reached 40 in some subjects. He changed school in pry 4. Wrote their entrance exam. he solved the mathematics questions very well and he did the English well. But mathematics was his highest. This boy got convinced that he was good in maths. Each time they were given verbal reasoning exercise, he would cheat by copying his brother's old book, with his seat mate. Until he was caught and the teacher seized the book. He was ashamed. He asked himself how he was going to pass. But one day he gave his verbal reasoning book attention and saw it was easy. He however grew up saying mathematics was his talent.
When he reached SS1, during 2nd term he made determination that he was going to read his book like dead, because no one was going to marry him as a result of bad breath. He even wondered how he would kiss his wife on his wedding day. he got vexed and threw woman matter in the trash. He read his book and saw his biology very simple that he had it like at his finger tip. When he was preparing for jamb, he began to regret why he didn't read English all those past years. He began to see how sweet and easy English was. He wrote his jamb and passed English. He didn't do well in chemistry. But later in 100lvl he loved chemistry.
And he said something, "what a man sets his heart to do, that is what he will do".
That man is me. I am the owner of this story. This is my story.
This is an advice to you reading this. If you had children to take care of as a parent, I am sure you won't self pity yourself. You would learn and do all trades just to support your children.
If you can remove the self pity now, you can for sure remove it when you are old.
Forget what they told you about talent.
Talent is a knowledge that last for a long time.
Without that knowledge, you would have no talent. Some people get accident and don't remember anymore, but it's what they saw that they picked up with ease.
Just as from 5 coins you got 10 coins, that is how it is. From 5 talent you get 10 talent. Every knowledge a man gets is a talent.
Infact I don't know who brought up this talent doctrine of a thing. Only a hard working labourer is employed. Even we the so called introverts are not employed. What more an introvert with bad breath. Please my people grab every knowledge you see. Yes, the engineering sector might not be able to employ everyone. But here is something that can, INTERNET AND PROGRAMMING, it is capable of duplicating itself to accommodate a huge number of people. This advice is also to myself, "remove the garment of ego(always wanting to feel pain and self pity) and pride(thinking of when people see you reading JAVASCRIPT Language, they get envy, jealous or praise you, so you start to have shame about what you do and how you do it. Before you know it you start to overthink)" I am not giving this advice and saying to condemn anybody. If that was so then I condemn myself too.

(1) (Reply)

Introducing To You The 2021 E-commerce Busine Opportunity-fes One International! / The Crossroad / Money Talks Lifestyle 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.