Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,903 members, 7,855,681 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

Website Design By A Django Noob - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Website Design By A Django Noob (694 Views)

My Tech Journey: Noob To Noggler (google) In One Year. / Website Design By A Django Noob:update / How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hi,guys here is a site i and my partner designed
i need u to please help me judge it and find possible bugs and also tell me how much do you think this site is worth if it is to be sold,the link is

http://divinebakery.herokuapp.com

==============
Technology Used
==============

Front-End
=================
Basic HTML,CSS,JS
Jquery.js

Backend
==================
Python Django

========
Business note
if interested in buying when complete please contact on whatsapp on 07013927220

======
please note this site will be on sell from thursday this,week and it is negotiable and also it can be customized to do bakery business and any food related stuff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
Also please note it is quite big so i could not post much pictures,please also comment cos i really need ur opinion on it
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Karleb(m): 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
The front end looks great. I can't add to cart though. Or maybe I don't know how.

Is it a front-end only website?
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
Karleb:
The front end looks great. I can't add to cart though. Or maybe I don't know how.

Well thanks for discovering another bug cos the last time i check i could add to cart,i checked it was able to add to cart

Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by stanliwise(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:
Hi,guys here is a site i and my partner designed
i need u to please help me judge it and find possible bugs and also tell me how much do you think this site is worth if it is to be sold,the link is

http://divinebakery.herokuapp.com

==============
Technology Used
==============

Front-End
=================
Basic HTML,CSS,JS
Jquery.js

Backend
==================
Python Django

I Like your sense of organization though, if you must be a successful frontend dev you must be all about accessibility, feedback, visualization and organization.

Your dropdown menu on mobile is a bit too small

1 Like

Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
stanliwise:

I Like your sense of organization though, if you must be a successful frontend dev you must be all about accessibility, feedback, visualization and organization

Well for the front-end part the reason why i stuck to basic stuff instead of using frameworks is that am kinda a noob their too so i decided to stick to the basics till i fully understand it,Thanks For Your Feed Back
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Karleb:

No
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Karleb(m): 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:

Well thanks for discovering another bug cos the last time i check i could add to cart,i checked it was able to add to cart

I guess I need a manual to use the site.

Adding to cart works well.
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
Karleb:

I guess I need a manual to use the site.

Adding to cart works well.

Hmmm made it simple i don't think a manual is need to add to cart u choose your quantity then tap add to cart finsih simple as that
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Karleb(m): 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:

Hmmm made it simple i don't think a manual is need to add to cart u choose your quantity then tap add to cart finsih simple as that

Nice work man.

I'm curious though, why can't a guest checkout?
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Karleb:

Nice work man.

I'm curious though, why can't a guest checkout?

Because we need your information so we know u bought stuff from us and you will be seen an email receipt and also it gives u admin priviliges
So u can monitor your orders and your wishlisted items with ease
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
And also please can u give me a price range if i should sell the site
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Karleb(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:

Because we need your information so we know u bought stuff from us and you will be seen an email receipt and also it gives u admin priviliges
So u can monitor your orders and your wishlisted items with ease

But you do know it's possible for a guest to checkout. All you need is their email.
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by stanliwise(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:

Well for the front-end part the reason why i stuck to basic stuff instead of using frameworks is that am kinda a noob their too so i decided to stick to the basics till i fully understand it,Thanks For Your Feed Back
nice way of thinking
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
Karleb:

But you do know it's possible for a guest to checkout. All you need is their email.

Yh bt u knw it has a number optional it makes it more easer using username to id ppl and also it is kinda a private owner type site bt thanks.
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
stanliwise:
nice way of thinking

Thanks ,bt please can u help me with a price range for it as this kinda my firat time building this a site
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by bularuz(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
Nice job, you must have put in quite a lot of time into this, firstly it appears you did set the debug mode to false, then the about and contact pages don't go anywhere and the cart don't work and lastly you did not add an error 404 page
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
bularuz:
Nice job, you must have put in quite a lot of time into this, firstly it appears you did set the debug mode to false, then the about and contact pages don't go anywhere and the cart don't work and lastly you did not add an error 404 page

Thanks for he bugs notice and the about an wpuld add them later but the cart i checked the site and it works pls which part of the cart does not work and it is still in development so the 404 is expected and which part gave the 404 error
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
bularuz:

Yes up to like 1 month and 2 weeks now ,and also please can you tell me how much u think this site would be worth if it is to be sold
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
bularuz:

I looked into the cart i think i fixed it now bt still pls tell me which part gave u the 404 page
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by bularuz(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:

I looked into the cart i think i fixed it now bt still pls tell me which part gave u the 404 page

Sorry it actually gave a debug error page when I clicked on an item
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by bularuz(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lawren76:

http://divinebakery.herokuapp.com/store/1/detail
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by omobamatrix: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
I looked into the cart i think i fixed it now bt still pls tell me which part gave u the page
I don't think you have to Wait for a specific path before you fix the error 4o4 page
Your debug is still set to true. Try fix dat

Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
omobamatrix:

I don't think you have to Wait for a specific path before you fix the error 4o4 page
Your debug is still set to true. Try fix dat

It is still in development and /buy is not any path in the project
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nastydroid(m): 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
nice job cool the forms doesn't have any validation, I hope you fix that as you proceed
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2021
Nastydroid:
nice job cool the forms doesn't have any validation, I hope you fix that as you proceed

The form has validation especially try logining in with the wrong username or password
Re: Website Design By A Django Noob by omobamatrix: 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lawren76:

It is still in development and /buy is not any path in the project
ok

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Knowledge / Check Out My Pet Project / Saving Fg’s E-governance Initiative From Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.