Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot (757 Views)

Man’s Affairs With Five Married Women Ends In Mysterious Skin Disease / Why Does My Hand Shake Tremendously (propanol) / Body Is Swelling Up Without Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by odimbannamdi(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Towards the second quarter of last year, I was in the bus one late afternoon, and lost in my thoughts when I was jolted back to reality by a tingling/itching sensation on the mid inner part of my arm.

It looked like I had been bitten by an insect or so, as the spot had become red, itchy and about 6 times wider than the one in the attached picture. As I began to scratch and rub it, it went down and disappeared in about an hour time.

However, in the days and weeks that followed, the swelling would return in the very same spot and at about the same time. I typically wouldn't notice it initially until it gets to a significant size and begins to itch me. And once I start scratching it, it goes down.

I also noticed that it typically happens when I am in a poorly ventilated place especially when I am sleeping or studying.

This afternoon, i was trying to catch a quick siesta. Inverter had died since late morning so the fan wasnt on. About an hour into the siesta, that spot began to itch me, and when I opened my eyes, it had grown to the size in this picture. If I hadn't woken up, it would have grown to about 5 times this size in width. But as I began to scratch it, it started going down.

Please, who has is or has experienced this mysterious thing? How did you manage it? What is it, even?

Madam Dominique, please help me push this to front page.

Thanks

Re: This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Get rid of bedbug or termites in your house.

2 Likes

Re: This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by habsydiamond(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
She don talk am all... Ifs a Bute from an insect.. Fumigate op
Re: This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by odimbannamdi(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
AsherAmari:

Please go through my post again. The bite (assuming it was an insect bite or so) happened when I was in a bus, going home that fateful day. My home is free from bugs and termites
Re: This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by odimbannamdi(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
AsherAmari:

Please go through my post again. The bite (assuming it was an insect bite or so) happened when I was in a bus, going home that fateful day. My home is free from bugs and termites
Re: This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by Son174keyz: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
Try PURE CLEANSE
Re: This Mysterious Swelling Recurs On My Hand On The Very Same Spot by byinks(f): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2021
Use a steroid cream with antibiotic.
Eg funbact A.
It's just a histamine reaction.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Loose That Tummy Fat ? Then Try These Exercises. / Please Save My Wife / Want To Look Gorgeous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.