Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Spotify Founder To Launch Arsenal Takeover Bid With Three Former 'invincibles' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Spotify Founder To Launch Arsenal Takeover Bid With Three Former 'invincibles' (140 Views)

David Beckham Is 'Open To Talks' Over Manchester United Takeover / Chelsea Owner Todd Boehly Plans To Launch A £43 Million Bid For Matheus / Centricus Funds New Bid To Buy Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spotify Founder To Launch Arsenal Takeover Bid With Three Former 'invincibles' by apoti(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2021
Spotify founder Daniel Ek has recruited three Arsenal legends Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira as he prepares to try and buy the club from under-pressure owner Stan Kroenke, according to reports. While fans were protesting against their American billionaire’s running of the club on Friday, Ek – who is estimated by Forbes to be worth £3.4billion – made a declaration on Twitter that he was interested in taking over the Gunners. ‘As a kid growing up, I’ve cheered for Arsenal as long as I can remember,’ the Swedish entrepreneur wrote. ‘If KSE would like to sell Arsenal I’d be happy to throw my hat in the ring.’

Far from merely throwing his hat in the ring, Ek now appears to be ramping up his takeover bid and, according to The Telegraph, has teamed up with three former Invincibles to help him. Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira are all working with Ek on his bid to take control of Arsenal, and the trio could also be handed roles at the club if the move is successful. All three Arsenal legends have expressed desires to return to north London in the past and the Spotify CEO feels their knowledge of the club and fan-base is ‘invaluable’ to his plans.

‘This club belongs to the fans, I love the club and I will support the club until I die, but I do not recognise my club and what happened just now, with them trying to join a league that would have been closed, makes no sense to me,’ the Frenchman told The Telegraph, criticising their decision to sign up to the European Super League. ‘They have been running the club like a company, not a football club, and they showed their hand. Maybe it’s a lack of understanding of the core football values and maybe the money was too big of a temptation. But whatever it was, they got it wrong. Badly wrong.’

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/26/three-arsenal-legends-join-spotify-founder-daniel-eks-bid-to-buy-club-14472757/

(1) (Reply)

LIVE-STREAM: Denmark Vs Finland / Live Stream Belgium Vs Denmark / FA Cup: Man United Vs Aston Villa Team News, Prediction And Match Preview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.