Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Bad Habits That Turn Out To Be Life Saving - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bad Habits That Turn Out To Be Life Saving (488 Views)

Symptoms That Can Be Life-threatening. Don't Ever Ignore This Health Signs. / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / Eight Habits That Fuel Impotence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Habits That Turn Out To Be Life Saving by ibrocool(m): 6:32am On Apr 28, 2021
Part 1

Many years ago when I was a kid, I used to do ultimate search for the biggest chunk of meat in the pot whenever I am previledge to serve myself.

On this faithful day, my mum just finished preparing stew and we were about to eat rice that night. I dashed to serve myself first. Then I started the quest turning the whole stew looking for my favourite.

Lo and behold, I found two wall geckos in the pot. I called the attention of my mum and dad. They couldn't believe what they saw. Everyone in the house baffled on how possibly two wall gecko get in the pot.

If it were to be my mum that served, she would have probably served everyone without knowing. Thanks to my bad habit, I saved myself and my family of food poisoning.

Part 2

Few years back, I was downloading movies on my phone at midnight. You know those time of free cheat when you have to wait till midnight for the data service to be fast.

I had to charge my phone while downloading because free cheat drains battery like die. I slept like cat just to monitor the downloading progress and resume in case of break in connection.

I started hearing this cracking sound and people's voice. I couldn't go out because it was 3a.m and my street was a very quiet area that thieves always terrorise.

I stood by the door pondering what to do. should I go out or just stay? I was confused, there was no one to accompany me because I was living alone. So, I remained inside walking about without direction.

Suddenly, I heard someone banging at my gate. My heart beat raced. I could hear tuku tuku tuku loud and clear. Still, I remained in the house. I knew as long as my gate is locked, no one is getting into my apartment.

"Ibrahim, Ibrahim, jade si ta, Ile ti-in jona". That was my neighbour calling out to me to step outside that the house was on fire. I immediately rushed out.

The cracking sound was coming from the power meter right in front of my apartment and the people's voice I was hearing were my neighbours' trying to put out the fire.

The fire started in one of the five apartments. The family tried to manage it themselves but it was beyond their control. It was the person living directly opposite to the apartment on fire that informed others.

For the first time in my life, I saw pure blue flame coming out in a burning house. It got to a point when there was explosion. People from other building had started packing seeing it.

Thank God firefighters came early enough to put out the fire but the building was eventually demolished. I got out without a scratch. Some people had to jumped from second floor.
Re: Bad Habits That Turn Out To Be Life Saving by 1Alex: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2021
Another one

Re: Bad Habits That Turn Out To Be Life Saving by NoApology(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2021
The wall gecko part...yuck!
Re: Bad Habits That Turn Out To Be Life Saving by ibrocool(m): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2021
NoApology:
The wall gecko part...yuck!
Yes, it was really disgusting

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cycle Beads As A Method Of Family Planning / G / Emotional Support Animal Letter Nevada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.