Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires (28988 Views)

How Adeduntan Resigned As First Bank CEO On Cbn’s Order / First Bank Appoints 5 New Directors As Otedola Takes Over / Adesola Adeduntan: CBN Queries First Bank As CEO Is ‘Purportedly Forced Out" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by naijadrivablog: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
OK, no more deductions now
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Chirowman(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
Congratulations
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by ecolime(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
Hmmm
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Kobicove(m): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
xtremecr8:

Congratulations Mr Gbenga Shobo. It is in the time of your predecessor, Mr Adeduntan, that we suffered from the hands of First Bank Plc as our hardwork for creating their 125th Year Anniversary logo was not paid for and we are still in limbo despite all effort to get justice.
We will not relent and will continue to appeal to men and women of good conscience in this land to come to our aid.
Big brands don't kill small brand, FBN, please pay us for creating and designing your 125th Year Anniversary logo. It was the product of hardwork and toils, you have used what we created for you, please pay us. We hope the tenure of Mr Shobo will wipe away these tears on our face because of this unfair manner we were treated by First Bank Plc during the tenure of the outgoing Mr Adeduntan.

Do you have any document to prove that you had a direct contract with First Bank with respect to this project?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by abnot: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
seniormallam:
So this useful idiot can one day leave office......this man operated like a tyrant, hatred of the children of the poor, let me highlight some if his wickedness

1. He stopped paying profit sharing to contract staffs, no matter how small the former chairman Mr Bisi Onasanya will make sure contract staff get credit alert, but this man just stopped it immediately he resumed office, this are contract staff earning between 65-70k

2. They advised Bisi onasanya the former chairman to approved termination list of contract staffs for new replacement, but Bisi never did till he left office, but this useful idiots signed when he assumed office, throwing over 4000 contract staff out of job,

3. This same man retired even the fulltime staffs that has few years to retire by threatening them with style,

So the office will see the end of Kazeem Adeduntan one day,
Nature should repay him according to his deeds
Lol I never payed attention to his tenure. Adesola was a very nice man. He was my neighbour and was very friendly. Knew him when he was CFO at AFC and when he joined FBN as ED/CFO. Congratulated him when he became CEO and after that he stopped responding to my texts lol . I guess the pressure of the work and power together influenced his actions. But be rest assured mr. Sola is a good man. I guess the position brought out another side of him. Between when he became CEO in 2016 and now I only saw him once

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by jaxxy(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nice. Congrats
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
I and my younger ones are starving with nothing
to eat. On Tuesday yesterday, i had to send our youngest to ask for raw rice from our neighbour and it has finished.

We will appreciate if you can help us in any form,
even if it's raw foodstuffs. We dont have any form of food in the house. This is because I am in between jobs with no steady source of income since this year began I have been out of job.
kind consideration for any form of assistance
within ur reach.
Location ekiti state
We just need food cry
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by dionma: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
Chairman-Yoruba
MD-Yoruba
3 our of 4 ED- Yoruba
First Bank-Yoruba bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by bigfat: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
bitcoin exchange

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Jarus(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
frog12:
this Sanusi policy is just nonsense. it's government intrusion into private company affairs

FBN is a public limited liability company sir

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Asour: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2021
SmartPolician:
First Bank is probably the only Nigerian company that has been properly run for over 100 years.

I was impressed when I saw the history in CNN's companies of 100 years and older.

Whatever you guys do at First Bank, you guys are doing it well.

Congratulations to Shobo

Technically, ~100 years ago the bank wasn't managed by Nigerians.

Union bank has done 100 + too.
Nonetheless it's a long history.

We are yet to see a true Nigerian brand hit 50+ though.
Correct me if I'm wrong. It'll be nice to see such.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Whiteshield: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
dionma:
Chairman-Yoruba
MD-Yoruba
3 our of 4 ED- Yoruba
First Bank-Yoruba bank

When Yorubas were building First Bank, what were your fathers doing?
That is how you used your clannishness to ruin Diamond Bank. Foolish people

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by sogy2: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
Congrats to you boss. Wish you all the best in your new appointment.
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by maxell(f): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
Congratulations wink

1 Like

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by tishbite41(m): 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Make una pay my papa hin lump sum pension since 1998.

Devilish First Bank!
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by tishbite41(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
Whiteshield:

When Yorubas were building First Bank, what were your fathers doing?
That is how you used your clannishness to ruin Diamond Bank. Foolish people
Shut up.
The Igbos equally built First Bank.
It is that useless Adimorah who retired the Igbos because of childish rivalries.
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Wickedfacts: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
dionma:
Chairman-Yoruba
MD-Yoruba
3 our of 4 ED- Yoruba
First Bank-Yoruba bank

Bank MD no be Chieftaincy title.
In banking in Nigeria, it is Yorubas and Delta people who own it. When we want to appoint MD of a spare parts company, your brothers will be considered.

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Allee90: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
Congratulations to Abdullahi Ibrahim
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by DenreleDave(m): 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
abnot:

Lol I never payed attention to his tenure. Adesola was a very nice man. He was my neighbour and was very friendly. Knew him when he was CFO at AFC and when he joined FBN as ED/CFO. Congratulated him when he became CEO and after that he stopped responding to my texts lol . I guess the pressure of the work and power together influenced his actions. But be rest assured mr. Sola is a good man. I guess the position brought out another side of him. Between when he became CEO in 2016 and now I only saw him once

Gud evening sir

Can I send you a DM sir?
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Whiteshield: 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
tishbite41:

Shut up.
The Igbos equally built First Bank.
It is that useless Adimorah who retired the Igbos because of childish rivalries.

So, you are saying First Bank is marginalising Igbos grin?
Them don take wailing swear for una.

6 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
Hmmm. Please do the needful FBN.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by CSTRR: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nobody is calling it a Yoruba bank now o.

But when Zenith bank replaces an Ika man with another Ika man from Delta State, some people will start crying.
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by tishbite41(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
Whiteshield:

So, you are saying First Bank is marginalising Igbos grin?
Them don take wailing swear for una.

My dad worked at First Bank.
I never blamed anyone but an Igbo man.

Except, of course, you're being mischievous.
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by tishbite41(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=Wickedfacts post=101210266]

Bank MD no be Chieftaincy title.
In banking in Nigeria, it is Yorubas and Delta people who own it. When we want to appoint MD of a spare parts company, your brothers will be considered. [/quote

Elumelu n Ovia are Yoruba names!
Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by ibisomi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
Asour:

Leadway Assurance Company Limited is an indigenous private company that hit 50 years last year. It is the biggest insurance company in Nigeria today and still doing well.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Johnson5258: 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Everyone should know that in as much as you don't own a business then you have a time limit. I hope to get to the top of my career too. Congratulations sirs.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Wickedfacts: 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=tishbite41 post=101210737][/quote]

It seems you were blind to see where I mentioned Delta people. Or is Jim Ovia an Igbo man? Just jump about the thread typing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Wickedfacts: 8:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
Asour:

Alabukun as small as it is 103 years old. 100% Nigerian product.

7 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by sexiestharam(f): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
Solsix:
Congrats dear
Dear ke? Are you his wife? grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by damosade(m): 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
simhosting:
grin

Bro.. You too much.

We were sacked massively in 2019 after 8 years in the bank.
I joined the bank at my prime time when I was 23 years old. Young and vibrant as a contract staff.

Thank God for where we are today.. Posterity will judge that Ibadan man.
Shobo is a good hand, having rise to the position through his hard work.
I still remember that shobometric.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by Bimpe29: 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
This is absolutely disgusting, unethical and unbecoming of an entity such as First Bank Nigeria Plc.

I feel your pain and I hope this will be resolved as fast as possible.

Hope relevant authorities and regulators have been duly informed?
xtremecr8:
Congratulations Mr Gbenga Shobo. It is in the time of your outgoing predecessor, Mr Adeduntan, that we suffered from the hands of First Bank Plc as our hardwork for creating their 125th Year Anniversary logo was not paid for and we are still in limbo despite all effort to get justice.
We will not relent and will continue to appeal to men and women of good conscience in this land to come to our aid.
Big brands don't kill small brand, FBN, please pay us for creating and designing your 125th Year Anniversary logo. It was the product of hardwork and toils, you have used what we created for you, please pay us. We hope the tenure of Mr Shobo will wipe away these tears on our face because of this unfair manner we were treated by First Bank Plc during the tenure of the outgoing Mr Adeduntan.

Here's the Nairaland thread on our predicament in the hands of the FBN management under Mr Adeduntan and appeal going on for years now

https://www.nairaland.com/5591806/how-first-bank-did-not

And here's our video narrating our ordeal

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr

Don't ever pray this to happen to anyone or company in this life,FBN Plc under Mr Adeduntan treated us very badly and unfairly.

We were shocked that billions( N18.3 Billion as stated in their 2019 End of Year Financial Statement) appeared in their balance sheet as spent on advert and corporate promotions which include the 125th anniversary celebrations where the logo we designed for them was used ubiquitously including a wall down wrap of their imposing Marina corporate hqtr skyscraper yet we were not paid for our hardwork designing the 125th Year Anniversary logo of First Bank Plc used for the program.

Re: First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires by FarahAideed: 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
xtremecr8:
Congratulations Mr Gbenga Shobo. It is in the time of your outgoing predecessor, Mr Adeduntan, that we suffered from the hands of First Bank Plc as our hardwork for creating their 125th Year Anniversary logo was not paid for and we are still in limbo despite all effort to get justice.

Here's the Nairaland thread on our predicament in the hands of the FBN management under Mr Adeduntan and appeal going on for years now

https://www.nairaland.com/5591806/how-first-bank-did-not

And here's our video narrating our ordeal

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr

Don't ever pray this to happen to anyone or company in this life,FBN Plc under Mr Adeduntan treated us very badly and unfairly.

We were shocked that billions( N18.3 Billion as stated in their 2019 End of Year Financial Statement) appeared in their balance sheet as spent on advert and corporate promotions which include the 125th anniversary celebrations where the logo we designed for them was used ubiquitously including a wall down wrap of their imposing Marina corporate hqtr skyscraper yet we were not paid for our hardwork designing the 125th Year Anniversary logo of First Bank Plc used for the program.

Ha Dem never pay una till date ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire At Kitchen Plaza, Yaba / How Can One Register With Dpr And Nipex / Man Hawks Pears On Bike In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.