Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? (1843 Views)

Father Almost Crushed His Son Who Was Hiding Under His Car (Photos) / I Want To Change My Surname, Will It Affect Me In Any Way (travel Wise) / Children Having Different Surname From Their Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by humilitypays(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
I have a friend who is in big dilemma right now.

He got married not long ago and his marriage have produced a child.

He wishes to send his wife and baby abroad due to Nigeria's insecurity and uncertainties.

He has the money execute this project, the fund or the requirements are not an issue. He is well traveled and the wife is in a career that will make it easy for her to get a permanent stay via work permit.

Now the issue is this; his newborn child bears a different Surname from him. He and his wife bear a particular Surname while his child bears a different Surname.

Will this affect the child getting visa and stay in the destination country Or is the DNA test run during travel process enough to remove all issues of proving that the baby is their child

Is their any other implication of a child bearing different Surname from his/her parents

Justwise please help me out with this. If possible move to fp let me hear from people with similar experience, thanks
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by Opak001(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
nice,will like to know too, make travel people show abeg!!!
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 30, 2021
Why doesn't his son bear his name?
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by Upeople: 2:55am On Apr 30, 2021
humilitypays:
I have a friend who is in big dilemma right now.

He got married not long ago and his marriage have produced a child.

He wishes to send his wife and baby abroad due to Nigeria's insecurity and uncertainties.

He has the money execute this project, the fund or the requirements are not an issue. He is well traveled and the wife is in a career that will make it easy for her to get a permanent stay via work permit.

Now the issue is this; his newborn child bears a different Surname from him. He and his wife bear a particular Surname while his child bears a different Surname.

Will this affect the child getting visa and stay in the destination country Or is the DNA test run during travel process enough to remove all issues of proving that the baby is their child

Is their any other implication of a child bearing different Surname from his/her parents

Justwise please help me out with this. If possible move to fp let me hear from people with similar experience, thanks

parents names are usually written on birth certificates. It may take more time to verify but I don’t think there will b any major issues with the name
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by Engr2000: 4:53am On Apr 30, 2021
My son bears a different surname from mine... No issues... I am chilling in one small village in Canada now enjoying the Spring weather.

1 Like

Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by molybdenum0012: 7:02am On Apr 30, 2021
I think I am interested in the answer 'cos I am contemplating giving my incoming baby my second name as his surname.
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by osinawanta(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2021
Once the name u re giving him or her is in ur name then u re good to go �
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by humilitypays(m): 11:31am On May 04, 2021
osinawanta:
Once the name u re giving him or her is in ur name then u re good to go �
none of the baby's names are on the parents name.

Let's say the parents bear

Father
Usman Damilola Emeke

Mother
Akintunde Chioma Bolaji (she is working to change her surname to "Usman" her husband's Surname)

The Baby
Njoku Danladi Ninolowo
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by humilitypays(m): 11:32am On May 04, 2021
Engr2000:
My son bears a different surname from mine... No issues... I am chilling in one small village in Canada now enjoying the Spring weather.
Please does your son bear any name that appeared on yours or your wife's names
Re: His Son Bears Different Surname - Any Immigration Issue? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 04, 2021
Didn't the parents write their own name on the baby's BC?
humilitypays:
Please does your son bear any name that appeared on yours or your wife's names

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Newly Acquired Fuel Subsidy Palliative Bus Breaks Down / everything for sale / The 10 Most Famous Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.