Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents (13491 Views)

Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by PeaceIlya: 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
Family is everything

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Jeon(f): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
PeaceIlya:
share first.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by ictjobber: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
Jeon:

share first.

Seconded

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Casham: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
From my dad: "No man owes You anything". And "balls make a man!"
From my mum: "family is everything". And "integrity is your most valuable currency".

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by PeaceIlya: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
kiss
Casham:
From my mum: "family is everything". And "integrity is your most valuable currency".

5 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by VTJN(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2021
PeaceIlya:
kiss
which balls make a man Biko

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Oizee(f): 10:54am On May 01, 2021
my late mum always say respect every body u meet irrespective of their age or status, I have never see her laying curses on people.....no matter the gravity of the offense, she would always say may God forgive u....

in as much as I'm trying, if u offend me, especially betrayer..... I will curse u and ur generation.....

my popsi too hard abeg, I can't follow any of his principle.... he always emphasis on respect people but don't fear anybody, he doesn't apply diplomacy at all, he says it as it is.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 01, 2021
Calmness,I have never seen my mom gets angry or gets tired of visitors flooding our house,I have never seen her talk back at my dad also.So beautiful inside out and I wish to be like her.

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Polynek(m): 10:24pm On May 01, 2021
There's no substitute for Hardworking

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by QuinModah(f): 5:51am On May 02, 2021
Polynek:
There's no substitute for Hardworking
In Nigeria, there is.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Polynek(m): 8:19am On May 02, 2021
QuinModah:
In Nigeria, there is.
All of us know dat Nigger don cast

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by usj(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2021
My father! management, you must account for every penny. While I was in school, before he gives you money you most draft a budget. Borrowing money is never allowed. He always says 'manage your difficulties'. As an adult this lesson always sticks with me. I don't try to borrow money to buy what I can not afford to impress people who don't even care.

My mother! She died when I was too young to comprehend much, I don't even remember what she looks like anymore.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by DaBogu: 6:28pm On May 08, 2021
Love all trust none

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by PeaceIlya: 4:52pm On May 12, 2021
grin
Polynek:
All of us know dat Nigger don cast
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by GboyegaD(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2021
Be diligent in all you do and be contented with what you have.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by merieam16(f): 7:36pm On May 12, 2021
Don't promise what you cant fulfill

24 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 12, 2021
you can achieve anything you desire with good planning and focus

12 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by PeaceIlya: 6:19am On May 14, 2021
cheesy
merieam16:
Don't promise what you cant fulfill
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by merieam16(f): 8:34am On May 14, 2021
PeaceIlya:
cheesy
wats funny
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by PeaceIlya: 3:17pm On May 18, 2021
merieam16:
wats funny
you
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by mjblinks(f): 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Sonnobax15(m): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
My mum's last piece of advice to me...I was only a young boy, barely got admission into junior secondary school...It was indeed her last night with me embarassed. Right there on her bed,she called me by my native name--"Obaro,no matter what,you must always strive hard to become whom you've always dreamt of being in life"

That's been my motto in life for the last 17 years now..

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 18, 2021
I learnt a lot from them especially my dad.

From my mum, I learnt to be contented and patient in every situation. She also thought me not to mess myself up with guys and men because what most of them are after is that thing in between your legs. which I've come to discover to be true as I grew into a wonderful woman. ( Bless you Mom).

From pops (strong man). I learnt to be hard working. ( My dad was a workaholic) Even at seventy (after retirement) he kept working, claiming he can't sit idle and he was doing multiple jobs and collecting his fat pension along side.

he made us believe we could do anything if we set our heart to it. He made sure We become independent (to some extent) immediately after secondary school by first working for a few years while waiting for admission or going into any path you decide to choose in life. He does this by fixing us up in companies and corporate firms (cos as a senior officer, he had so many connections) as front desk personnel or clerk which made us responsible and hard-working from that tender age and prepared us for the corporate world a few years after graduating from the tertiary institution.
This made it easy for us to stay away from bad friends and their influence as most of them after sec, lazy around town and joining bad gangs before gaining admission. Some even get pregnant before admission comes.

Back to the matter.
Till today, I'm still a workaholic independent soul especially since my father left. No matter how tough a situation is, I'll push hard ( like popsy) until I pull through.

I also learnt to involve God in almost everything I do. Mum and Dad taught us this. Especially Mom. Right from my childhood days, it's from early morning mass, to charismatic programs to house fellowships and "cacthesm".

So, after they left to be with the Lord, it has continued like that with all of us until I finally met Christ and accepted him. Now if you don't meet me at home, na church. From one church program to another. It has not left me.

God bless them. They really tried raising 5 women of grace and Virtue.
Everythough they are not here today, they know we are doing great and no situation can utterly break us down because they built us really strongly to weather and summount any challenges on our own before taking a bow out of our lives.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Spherical77(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
Casham:
Go back and relearn from your dad biko

Hope no be the 2 testes for my dick na him you dey talk? If na him you dey talk then I'd tell you for a free that you learnt nothing from your
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Farfalla(f): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
From my dad - Money management, independence, love for literature, humanity, going all out for family/blood, sense of humour, creating boundaries, putting your foot down, responsibility, philanthropy, resilience, not taking anybody's crap, how to love without being a slowpoke, how to walk away from toxic people, how to cook fish. cheesy

From my mum - Compassion, humility, faith in God, tenderness, pure love, forgiveness, putting my children's needs before mine, respect and love for spouse, respect and love for spouse's relatives, how to have a big heart, philanthropy, how to bake Irish potatoes. cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
angry I learnt nothing from the man. Absolutely nothing, actually he should be learning from me angry but he's very obstinate angry .

I learnt every positive thing I know from books and watching podcasts from great men because if I mirror my life after the man na big wahala for me angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Modupetemmy1(f): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
To always cut my coat according to the size of the material at hand.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Whyzaid(f): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
Love sincerely and be hardworking
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Always play the long game because there is no shortcut to long lasting success. angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by atobs4real(m): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
Many
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by walexydon(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
Always be contented with what you have.

This has helped me in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by wunmi590(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2021

Never leave the sight of God, nobody can help you, except God...

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Love You Caitlyn Jenner!!!! When Your Father Becomes A WOMAN!!!! / Pastor Nick Vujicic And Family (photos): God Is Good / How To Help A Child To Improve His/her Creative Ability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.