Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) (48091 Views)

Tony Elumelu Shares Pictures With Family On Easter / Aliko Dangote And Schoolmates In Primary School In 1965 (Throwback Photo) / Tony Elumelu Shares Christmas Pictures (2) (3) (4)

Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by HeWrites(m): 8:05am On May 01, 2021
No doubt, every successful personality today had one time had it rough or gone through turbulent periods which are at times documented in pictures. This is the case of billionaire Tony Elumelu, Igbere TV reports.

The philanthropist and Chairman of United Bank for Africa (UBA) recently got many talking after he posted a throwback photo of himself.

He made the post on Twitter as he joined the 'How it started vs how it is going' social media challenge.

The tweet gained huge traction with over 53k likes as of the time of making this report.

Nigerians marvelled at how times have changed for the Harvard scholar, with many making funny remarks about his looks.

https://twitter.com/TonyOElumelu/status/1387778996033757202?s=20

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by chatinent: 8:06am On May 01, 2021
Same sandals Moses wear God take provoke when he see Moses for holy ground take say “Moses, comot that thing you carry enter holy ground, no talk, just comot am .”

BTW, he doesn't look poor.

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Nobody: 8:08am On May 01, 2021
Some of his mates are still in their throw back looks..

Pray for grace then maintain it with consistency and discipline.

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Dabronze(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2021
There is always a stroy to tell after every successful man through the rough road they ride to the top.

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Idiko1: 8:43am On May 01, 2021
HeWrites:
No doubt, every successful personality today had one time had it rough or gone through turbulent periods which are at times documented in pictures. This is the case of billionaire Tony Elumelu, Igbere TV reports.

The philanthropist and Chairman of United Bank for Africa (UBA) recently got many talking after he posted a throwback photo of himself.

He made the post on Twitter as he joined the 'How it started vs how it is going' social media challenge.

The tweet gained huge traction with over 53k likes as of the time of making this report.

Nigerians marvelled at how times have changed for the Harvard scholar, with many making funny remarks about his looks.

https://twitter.com/TonyOElumelu/status/1387778996033757202?s=20

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13473355_e0jhoylxia8wr6u_jpeg_jpeg4aac5b5baab648639243f51ed20980d9

Lalasticlala

Are you okay? What rough or turbulent period did you discern from the picture? The dude probably come from above averages family. The picture did not any way or shape depict a person in rough life.

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by MAGG0T(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2021
Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by JagaLove: 9:37am On May 01, 2021
Idiko1:

Are you okay? What rough or turbulent period did you discern from the picture? The dude probably come from above averages family. The picture did not any way or shape depict a person in rough life.
True. There's even a car in the background. Nevertheless, man has done well for himself.

29 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Built2last: 9:38am On May 01, 2021
This is why you can't be doing Yahoo or cutting soap.

You need patience and hard work and with time things will change for good.

I have said it, no money ritual or soap cutting or Yahoo can make you the richest, why will i do it

29 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Nobody: 9:44am On May 01, 2021
Built2last:
This is why you can't be doing Yahoo or cutting soap.

You need patience and hard work and with time things will change for good.

I have said it, no money ritual or soap cutting or Yahoo can make you the richest, why will i do it
Do you think they will give a dam about this? You don't seem to know how Yahoo have eating deeply into almost every part of Southern Nigeria.

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by renegades(m): 9:48am On May 01, 2021
To all legit hustlers,Hope dey!!!!!!! undecided

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by nwaanambra1(m): 9:50am On May 01, 2021
Idiko1:

my brother i just dey look the op like him be idiot!

that tony came from a very wealthy family!

only the rich can afford that 405 peugeot those years!

from that pic self, it shows he is a top baller!

The silk shirt, mohale trousers and Italian sandals can only be afforded by a young man from a wealthy home.

With that dressing, the guy go don finish girls for that era!

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by McStoic(m): 10:59am On May 01, 2021
nwaanambra1:

The silk shirt, mohale trousers and Italian sandals can only be afforded by a young man from a wealthy home.

Guy I fear you ooo. But you spoke the truth though. Reminds me of Davido talking about his poverty travails just to trend. Even poverty was not happy about the character assassination.

Las las some people are born to make it. By the grace of God I am one of those...

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by chatinent: 11:02am On May 01, 2021
McStoic:

Guy I fear you ooo. But you spoke the truth though. Reminds me of Davido talking about his poverty travails just to trend. Even poverty was not happy about the character assassination.

Las las some people are born to make it. By the grace of God I am one of those...

✌️

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by slawormiir: 11:35am On May 01, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....

Do not despise the days of your little beginning

But the first picture is not representing suffering and grass

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by pocohantas(f): 11:35am On May 01, 2021
My menthol.

An intelligent man with impeccable style.

At his age he is still keeping fit. Kondomatic and his younger brothers already spotting pot bellies

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by tunary(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2021
this man is just so very lucky. he don escape from poverty.

Look at him living large.

food for thought sha

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by IgweOfNnewi: 11:37am On May 01, 2021
Waaaaaooooohhhhhh he was really success in drug trafficking and baby factory ritualism, he quitted before he was caught like Invictus Obiwanne obi and Evans

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2021
Mtchewwww. I have 7 private get, yet I no show myself

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Haywhymido(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2021
McStoic:

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by LesbianBoy(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2021
For some reasons I don't rate this man

We just started hearing about him from no where.

How did he make his billions? He even has a brother in politics.

Hope it's not our money E dey take form billionaire o angry

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by LesbianBoy(m): 11:38am On May 01, 2021
He knows how to package though
Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Ibime(m): 11:38am On May 01, 2021
nwaanambra1:

Nothing poor about the first picture except say the photograph has been through wear and tear.

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Ishilove: 11:39am On May 01, 2021
The men of yore days were quite the peacocks, even more than men of contemporary times. That open shirt style is so segzy grin
Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by BruncleZuma: 11:39am On May 01, 2021
What's the purpose of this rubbish?
Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Nobody: 11:39am On May 01, 2021
Elumelu family get money normally o

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by ofiko123(m): 11:39am On May 01, 2021
Nice one... despise not the days of little beginnings...
Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:40am On May 01, 2021
God is good

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by tunary(m): 11:40am On May 01, 2021
Esseite:
Some of his mates are still in their throw back looks..

Pray for grace then maintain it with consistency and discipline.
What an irony
Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by mcmbonu: 11:41am On May 01, 2021
Nigerian Jack Ma

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by rosy1992(f): 11:42am On May 01, 2021
Success is inevitable once you are determined and persistent. Although it may seem impossible at first, DON'T GIVE UP.

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by obonujoker(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2021
Honestly... One just needs to be humble to God... To think that elumelu's total wealth is offering change of someone like Jeff Bezos, and to think my own shikini money na Akara change for elemelu.......

Re: Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2021
Idiko1:

You are correct. He looks ok in that picture. Doesn't look like he was hungry or anything like that

What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account / CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa / Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic)