Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Growing My Own Kpoli - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing My Own Kpoli (4209 Views)

7 Things To Know Before Growing Your Cassava / Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan / Growing Spinach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 3:34pm On May 01, 2021
I am not new to nairaland but created this profile for the sole purpose of making a diary/note of the stages of growing my first cannabis plant.

I am a vivid cannabis smoker and I spend an average of 200 euros a week on it(I live France), So I decided to grow mine. Note possession of cannabis is illegal but if found with small amounts for personal use, the police usually let you off with your weed as long as you are not dealing in it.

Anyway to safe money, I decided to grow mine and I decided to do a diary of it and maybe I could find growers here to advise me on how to get the best results.

I planted for seeds of different strains of cannabis in a small pot four days ago. Every day I took the pot to the balcony, put two table spoons of water and left it there for some hours before bringing it back indoor.

I almost gave up when I saw no sign of germination but today, one of the seeds showed sign of germination and I'm so excited grin grin

I don't know which strain has germinated and I'm not really bothered because all strains have a decent level of CBD and THC which is what gives a high when people smoke.

I have decided to name the first one to germinate Blossoms.

Say hi to Blossoms, she was born today the first of May.

I will be updating this thread weekly to give progress of how it's going.

Photos are attached below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 3:37pm On May 01, 2021
Strains planted are

Purple Haze

AK 47

OG Kush

Mimosa

The pot is too small for four plants or even one plant and will be repotted once the plant has reached a decent size to be transplanted.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by tydi(m): 3:52pm On May 01, 2021
You gotto cultivate heroine man. Don’t you want to be a HERO.. or you start producing your own hero beer drink. ..

1 Like

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Chioma99(f): 5:31pm On May 01, 2021
tydi:
You gotto cultivate heroine man. Don’t you want to be a HERO.. or you start producing your own hero beer drink. ..

anybody growing this is a thief and a criminal.

you will be caught soon if you don't stop it....

those grownup fools growing them in Edo state are all useless.

see their lives as scrap failed elements.

all they do is smoke and play bet9ja all day long,

cowards!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by tydi(m): 5:34pm On May 01, 2021
Chioma99:

cowards!!!!!

Chioma and what do you call Nigerian politicians
And what do you mean by growing See what your leaders has to you that you wouldn’t even write correctly... you don’t grow seed you plant it to germinate.

FYI those people you call smokers are wiser and smarter than you.

3 Likes

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 5:46pm On May 01, 2021
tydi:

Heroin is on another level and I don't even smoke it. Never have and never will. Cannabis is enough for me.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 5:47pm On May 01, 2021
Chioma99:

cowards!!!!!

Wake up, people grow cannabis all over the world. Nothing wrong in smoking cannabis, other drugs are bad but cannabis is just a "herb".
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by tydi(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

Heroin is on another level and I don't even smoke it. Never have and never will. Cannabis is enough for me.

Lol.. you will get there soon hence you have and hang around with your hard headed pothead friends. One day the feelings to elevate the fun will arise and you couldn’t say never else you’d be seen as been the snitch or holier than holy among them all while.. think about it

1 Like

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 5:53pm On May 01, 2021
tydi:

Lol.. you will get there soon hence you have and hang around with your hard headed pothead friends. One day the feelings to elevate the fun will arise and you couldn’t say never else you’d be seen as been the snitch or holier than holy among them all while.. think about it

I don't smoke with friends and I have been smoking for over 20 years and I have never thought about "elevating the highness". Now can you stop talking about other drugs and just enjoy the thread smiley

3 Likes

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Generalwoodz(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2021
Reminds me of this cannabis farm right at the back of EFCC headquarters in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by tydi(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

I don't smoke with friends and I have been smoking for over 20 years and I have never thought about "elevating the highness". Now can you stop talking about other drugs and just enjoy the thread smiley

No !! Other drugs is the drill . And I sense you’ve been secretly having crave for it that’s why you want we stop talking about it. You haven’t had that crazy friend or someone to do risky things with that’s why you haven’t tried any drugs yet. By the way ; how have you been coping smoking alone for 20 good years .. You must have been smoking into depression instead out. Mehn puff puff pass and laughing to uncommon jokes is the fun of smoking and getting high. I stop here for now . Let me enjoy the thread.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Fooolishbuharri: 8:56pm On May 01, 2021
tydi:

No !! Other drugs is the drill . And I sense you’ve been secretly having crave for it that’s why you want we stop talking about it. You haven’t had that crazy friend or someone to do risky things with that’s why you haven’t tried any drugs yet. By the way ; how have you been coping smoking alone for 20 good years .. You must have been smoking into depression instead out. Mehn puff puff pass and laughing to uncommon jokes is the fun of smoking and getting high. I stop here for now . Let me enjoy the thread.

Bros rest! You can smoke weed and not be interested in anything else. I smoke weed and I decided to plant some last year to reduce money spent on purchasing from the dealer. They did fairly till termites ate up their roots. I guess they wanted to get high too.

I planted the one they call Loud and I also planted AZ. I didn’t pot them.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by aje55393: 9:06pm On May 01, 2021
Reminds me of this cannabis farm right at the back of EFCC headquarters in Abuja.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 7:47am On May 02, 2021
Fooolishbuharri:

Bros rest! You can smoke weed and not be interested in anything else. I smoke weed and I decided to plant some last year to reduce money spent on purchasing from the dealer. They did fairly till termites ate up their roots. I guess they wanted to get high too.

I planted the one they call Loud and I also planted AZ. I didn’t pot them.

To get the best results when growing cannabis is to grow in a pot and indoors and in a pot. If the environment is prone to insects then you have to use plant friendly pesticides. The sweet smell of this plants attracts insects especially termites.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 11:01am On May 02, 2021
Day 2

Blossoms seems to be doing well and growing fast, I'm guessing the seed I used is an autoflowering one.

Unfortunately her peers or siblings aren't doing so good.

Another one germinated but seems he's going to die sad. I guess he was planted too deep in the soil. If you look closely, you will see him. If he survives, he will be named Miracle.

I intentionally left the little stones in the soil to imitate a natural habitat for plants. I hope this helps the plant's growth and development.

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 8:31am On May 05, 2021
Day 5

Blossoms is doing pretty well while miracle hasn't moved an inch. I don't think miracle will make it. Look how tall blossoms has grown in just four days.

3 Likes

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 9:00am On May 10, 2021
Day 10

Blossoms is doing pretty good. She was bending to the side (probably growing toward the light source) so I used a string to hold her straight. Learnt this trick from a growers forum. I haven't used any growing plant formula yet. I think it's time to introduce her to some fertilizer. I will buy some to speed up the growth.

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 7:06pm On May 12, 2021
Blossoms got some food. Hope it helps her growth and strengthen her stems. Being a farmer is not easy o.

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by aliadi2: 8:03pm On May 12, 2021
U should have used fertilizer as basal before planting.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 8:22pm On May 12, 2021
aliadi2:
U should have used fertilizer as basal before planting.

What's Basal? I don't know anything about farming although I read online that fertilizer shouldn't be used in the germination stage.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lucrativress(f): 8:28pm On May 12, 2021
Lightmykpoli:
Blossoms got some food. Hope it helps her growth and strengthen her stems. Being a farmer is not easy o.
I guess Blossom was born high, that's why she's growing fast grin
Abeg this your thread is funny,I'm unconsciously enjoying it.
You can buy that bottle irrigator that drops water in bit's, so it stops your 2 spoons stress.

1 Like

Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lucrativress(f): 8:35pm On May 12, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

What's Basal? I don't know anything about farming although I read online that fertilizer shouldn't be used in the germination stage.
Basal application is applying manure or fertilizer at the point of plant, like 2 weeks before planting and after.
You can still do it by the side though,just be sure the manure is dry and the ammonia is totally gone,irrigate it.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 8:35pm On May 12, 2021
Lucrativress:

I guess Blossom was born high, that's why she's growing fast grin
Abeg this your thread is funny,I'm unconsciously enjoying it.
You can buy that bottle irrigator that drops water in bit's, so it stops your 2 spoons stress.

I hope Blossoms gets me high when she's ready to be harvested. What is two spoons stress? The instruction on the fertilizer says it should be used only one a week. I'm glad you and Aliadi2 are giving me lectures about farming. I have to go use Google Now to read about what your posts said.

Lucrativress:

Basal application is applying manure or fertilizer at the point of plant, like 2 weeks before planting and after.
You can still do it by the side though,just be sure the manure is dry and the ammonia is totally gone,irrigate it.

I didn't use manure, I took soil from the garden in front of the building, I should buy better soil soon and repot Blossoms because her stem is too long and thin. Read it's because she's not getting enough light so I have to put her in a bigger pot and make the soil reach half or more of her stem.

I'm worried about repotting her in case I kill her in the process, she's too fragile

Thank you explaining the basal application
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lucrativress(f): 8:48pm On May 12, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

I hope Blossoms gets me high when she's ready to be harvested. What is two spoons stress? The instruction on the fertilizer says it should be used only one a week. I'm glad you and Aliadi2 are giving me lectures about farming. I have to go use Google Now to read about what your posts said.

I didn't use manure, I took soil from the garden in front of the building, I should buy better soil soon and repot Blossoms because her stem is too long and thin. Read it's because she's not getting enough light so I have to put her in a bigger pot and make the soil reach half or more of her stem.

I'm worried about repotting her in case I kill her in the process, she's too fragile

Thank you explaining the basal application
Transplant her in the Evening when the Sun is down
But before then,you can start preparing where you wish to transplant her.
You can add dried manure to the soil you want to use for her.
Intact you can sterilize the soil first
Do a 2:1 ratio
Let's say you are using 2 hand trowels of loamy soil,add 1 hand trowel of dried manure and cook it to kill pathogens in the soil and the manure,then leave it to cool down, then put in the Pot you intend using and irrigate it morning and evening's, do this days before you intend transplanting, the Evening you're to transplant Blossom,don't water her after you transplant her,you want her getting over the shock in bit's.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 8:59pm On May 12, 2021
Lucrativress:

Transplant her in the Evening when the Sun is down
But before then,you can start preparing where you wish to transplant her.
You can add dried manure to the soil you want to use for her.
Intact you can sterilize the soil first
Do a 2:1 ratio
Let's say you are using 2 hand trowels of loamy soil,add 1 hand trowel of dried manure and cook it to kill pathogens in the soil and the manure,then leave it to cool down, then put in the Pot you intend using and irrigate it morning and evening's, do this days before you intend transplanting, the Evening you're to transplant Blossom,don't water her after you transplant her,you want her getting over the shock in bit's.

I have no access to manure but I can buy quality soil in the supermarket. If I just put fertilizer in the soil, that should be fine right?
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by joinnow: 9:09pm On May 12, 2021
Lightmykpoli:
I am not new to nairaland but created this profile for the sole purpose of making a diary/note of the stages of growing my first cannabis plant.

I am a vivid cannabis smoker and I spend an average of 200 euros a week on it(I live France), So I decided to grow mine. Note possession of cannabis is illegal but if found with small amounts for personal use, the police usually let you off with your weed as long as you are not dealing in it.

Anyway to safe money, I decided to grow mine and I decided to do a diary of it and maybe I could find growers here to advise me on how to get the best results.

I planted for seeds of different strains of cannabis in a small pot four days ago. Every day I took the pot to the balcony, put two table spoons of water and left it there for some hours before bringing it back indoor.

I almost gave up when I saw no sign of germination but today, one of the seeds showed sign of germination and I'm so excited grin grin

I don't know which strain has germinated and I'm not really bothered because all strains have a decent level of CBD and THC which is what gives a high when people smoke.

I have decided to name the first one to germinate Blossoms.

Say hi to Blossoms, she was born today the first of May.

I will be updating this thread weekly to give progress of how it's going.

Photos are attached below.

next time

step 1
get Mexico seeds best
step 2
soak your seed over night in a clean lukewarm water

Step 3 plant seeds and keep in a warm location with at least 6 hours sunlight a day
After 1-2 weeks little leaves sprout.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 9:17pm On May 12, 2021
joinnow:

next time

step 1
get Mexico seeds best
step 2
soak your seed over night in a clean lukewarm water

Step 3 plant seeds and keep in a warm location with at least 6 hours sunlight a day
After 1-2 weeks little leaves sprout.

I haven't heard of Mexico seeds but heard autoflowering seeds are the best and are the faster to reach harvesting stage. I don't want to order seeds online so I don't attract attention via the delivery man or postal man. I would try your tip when next I get my hands on new seeds.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lucrativress(f): 9:32pm On May 12, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

I have no access to manure but I can buy quality soil in the supermarket. If I just put fertilizer in the soil, that should be fine right?
Ask for compost,they should be selling since they sell soils,the soil might just be a treated version of the loamy in your House.
I'm not a big fan of fertilizer, while it boosts the plant, it makes the soil harsh, manure would have rejuvenated it cause it drops it's own nutrients in bit's,so if you end up using just fertilizer please and please make sure you wait like a week or two from the last time you fertilized before harvesting so you don't end up smoking fertilizer residues with your weed.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 10:06pm On May 12, 2021
Lucrativress:

Ask for compost,they should be selling since they sell soils,the soil might just be a treated version of the loamy in your House.
I'm not a big fan of fertilizer, while it boosts the plant, it makes the soil harsh, manure would have rejuvenated it cause it drops it's own nutrients in bit's,so if you end up using just fertilizer please and please make sure you wait like a week or two from the last time you fertilized before harvesting so you don't end up smoking fertilizer residues with your weed.

Thanks I will look for compost, I might have come across it not sure. Thanks for the tip again.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lucrativress(f): 11:25pm On May 12, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

Thanks I will look for compost, I might have come across it not sure. Thanks for the tip again.
You welcome
What does it taste like,do you put it in your food?
Can they give Animals?
Does it act as an Aphrodisiac?
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lightmykpoli: 6:10am On May 13, 2021
Lucrativress:

You welcome
What does it taste like,do you put it in your food?
Can they give Animals?
Does it act as an Aphrodisiac?

You mean the marijuana? I haven't eaten it before but I'm sure it tastes like herbs. Probably thyme or bay leaves. It's not recommended to give it to animals except maybe guard dogs. Yes it can act as an aphrodisiac but more similar to alcohol.
Re: Growing My Own Kpoli by Lucrativress(f): 9:40am On May 13, 2021
Lightmykpoli:

You mean the marijuana? I haven't eaten it before but I'm sure it tastes like herbs. Probably thyme or bay leaves. It's not recommended to give it to animals except maybe guard dogs. Yes it can act as an aphrodisiac but more similar to alcohol.
Chai I wish I can plant some for my hair and skin,but our Darling Country will probably show me as a convict in the New's,I don't smoke or drink but I know Marijuana revitalises.
Try putting it in your food and tell me the taste na grin
It will be like that Yoruba adage "Omode o mo ogun onpe lefo" grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Start A Palm Plantation On A 3 Plots Of Land / Bizclass-open-field Tomato Farming In Edo State (heirloom And Hybrid Varieties) / International Farmers To Discuss Global Agric Concerns At Illinois Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.