Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

I Almost Got Scammed Today! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Almost Got Scammed Today! (850 Views)

My EFCC Experience (I Almost Got Extradicted To The USA) / Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM / 7/7 – How I Almost Died During The Ojota Cults Clash Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Got Scammed Today! by ableguy(m): 5:25pm On May 01, 2021
Saw a car on jiji and called the number of the person that posted the car, he said it's in festac.
So I told him I will be coming from the island this morning to inspect the car, he said once I get to amuwo that I should let him know since he won't be around as he have a wedding to attend.

I got to apple junction and informed him I am around, he now sent the number of his car dealer. He told me he will be available once I get there, so I met his car dealer and after inspection the scammer sent his account details.
I asked of the custom papers which the man he said helps him sell his car provided, I checked everything and it was in order.
The account number he sent has an Igbo name so I called him to confirm if it's his account and even spoke Igbo to him that was when he said no that it's his agent's account number that he have car to clear.
Normally one won't suspect anything fowl in all of these but one led to another I had to let the guy he was referring to as his car dealer know that the transaction isn't pulling through, he asked to see if the account number is correct and immediately he saw it he said that's not his account details.
He now showed me the account details he sent to the scammer, so I called him back and told him to check his app that I have done the transfer but his man here refused to release the car.
His reply was that he haven't gotten the alert that once he gets alert he will instruct him to do so, the phone was on speaker at this point the man heard everything. So he said I should tell him to call him this smart scammer had the guts to call the man ooo and told him to relax that he will send his money to him once he gets alert and will send his money.
At this point it was very clear the guy is a scammer, why send the same money you claim you want to be transferred to your agent to the person you refferd to as your car dealer?
Make una help me thank God ooo, Because this guy perfected everything that one would easily fall for it.
This is the scammer's number
The account number he sent
Utobo maduabuchi 0063619608 access bank.
Lalasticlala please push to front page so people can learn.
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by 9icest: 5:30pm On May 01, 2021
Shine your eyes on jiji and nairaland...
I was asked to meet one Emeka at Isheri. I got there and called for over 3 hours, no one picked. At a point he killed the phone. He probably profiled me from afar and realized he got hard to kidnap me and my 2 friends wey follow me. Be careful out there

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by flexlatifa: 5:33pm On May 01, 2021
U get luck
I for dey send u consolation message

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by DWJOBScom(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2021
Online business remains the best but horrible and dishonest people will always be bad.
They are everywhere selling what they don't have. One cant be too careful sha but always ask questions and dont dismiss any fear at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by DWJOBScom(m): 5:42pm On May 01, 2021
Not forgetting the fools that will call and tell you to send items to them claiming they will pay on delivery.
They are calling far places like Egbeda, Epe etc even they ladies have joined them
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by Oxb90: 5:45pm On May 01, 2021
lucky you
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by ableguy(m): 5:47pm On May 01, 2021
9icest:
Shine your eyes on jiji and nairaland...
I was asked to meet one Emeka at Isheri. I got there and called for over 3 hours, no one picked. At a point he killed the phone. He probably profiled me from afar and realized he got hard to kidnap me and my 2 friends wey follow me. Be careful out there
They do this one a lot, some of will be busy posting car that the owner have sold since.
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by ableguy(m): 5:47pm On May 01, 2021
Oxb90:
lucky you
You can say that again ooo
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by Mutemenot(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2021
This game has been on for over 7 years ... you are lucky Bro, infact u need to buy us beer
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by Duru9(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2021
Mutemenot:
This game has been on for over 7 years ... you are lucky Bro, infact u need to buy us beer
Buh you beer for reading the story abi
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by ableguy(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2021
Mutemenot:
I dey tell you, he got everything well planned.
He was just commanding the owner up and down, not knowing he told the guy not to discuss anything with us.
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by Mutemenot(m): 8:25pm On May 01, 2021
Duru9:

Buh you beer for reading the story abi

It worth celebrating, do u know what it means to be scammed in this Buhari regime shocked

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by lawalosky(m): 9:07pm On May 01, 2021
I was scammed twice, 1st one I didn't sleep for three days

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by ableguy(m): 10:10pm On May 01, 2021
Mutemenot:

It worth celebrating, do u know what it means to be scammed in this Buhari regime shocked
Bros I no even sure I will survive it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by Anfield247(m): 11:21pm On May 01, 2021
Any scammer that wants to scam anybody, holy ghost...., fire!

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:09am On May 02, 2021
ableguy:

Bros I no even sure I will survive it

Hahahhaha

U must survive it ... u are a survivor !!!

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by Arinze624: 2:06am On May 03, 2021
Onye Anya ụkwụ ka 
 Wayo na egbu,, Only de
 Greedy fall for Scammers grin grin
By ébé obele ego
Re: I Almost Got Scammed Today! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:18am On May 03, 2021
Beware most item in jiji are scam and fake

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Actor Jim Iyke Beats Up Uche Maduagwu For Calling Him A Fraudster (video) / Meet The Oldest Woman In The World Celebrating 210 Years / The Carnage Of Ebubeagu In Orlu, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.