Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank (28028 Views)

Ibukun Awosika Celebrates 58th Birthday & 30th Wedding Anniversary / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie / Ibukun Awosika: My Decisions At 25 To Become Successful - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by SirBunky85(m): 10:43pm On May 01, 2021
DWJOBScom:
The great interest was sacking a management team without due process

I expected better
they were protecting the interest of Oba Otudeko whom company-honey wells took huge loan since 2016 without servicing it.most of these so called motivational speakers like this woman are hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by SirBunky85(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2021
ulysses:
She allowed herself to be played dirty by the Mara"OBA"dona....
don't be surprised, she too might not be clean which made her to bow to the whim&caprices of Oba Otudeko.

2 Likes

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by SirBunky85(m): 10:51pm On May 01, 2021
Goodyness:
The hero here is Sola who refused to write off billions as bad/non performing loans. Madam and co, you were going to allow a few of you ‘steal’ from minority shareholders through the usual route of bad loans. Minority shareholders received peanuts as dividends year after due to the stealing going on at the very top. Glad that Emefiele and the MD stood their grounds. In a working society, you all should be in custody by now.
apt.some gullible beings are already towing the ethnic&religious line

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by SirBunky85(m): 10:52pm On May 01, 2021
Bar1941:
Sorry madam, go and implement your plans in your husband's (if you have one) house, allow another thief to steal.
lol
Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by SirBunky85(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2021
MadeMan01:

When they were abusing the privileges and giving themselves insider credits to the point that nonperforming loans were at 26%of loan portfolio, were they following due process.
She was part of the problem. She was on the board long before she became chairman. And as such new the rot in the system. She isn't talking to morons. Some of us worked in banks too.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. The scale of Insider abuse was shocking. Imagine CBN telling them in 2017 to provision N150bn write of from their profit for 5 years to stabilize the bank. All while she was chairperson and prior to that she was a director on the board
I'm glad we still have sensible Nigerians who are not easily hoodwinked by some of this so called motivational speakers who carry themselves in a" holier-than- thou" style while they are actually criminals

2 Likes

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by BennyDGreat: 11:06pm On May 01, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Dangote is no longer in flour business, he sold it to Olam.
Only BUA is still in flour business.
The CBN governor actually begged the Honeywell Chairman but he turned down his plea not to sack the MD of FBN.

One man with so much influence.
A lot of people are gonna get stained in this mess

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by tishbite41(m): 11:21pm On May 01, 2021
Keep ur plans to yourself

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by NASTYNASOSO: 12:03am On May 02, 2021
DWJOBScom:
The great interest was sacking a management team without due process

I expected better

LAZY YOUTH OR EMPTY HEAD.

KINDLY TELL US THE DUE PROCESS
IF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by rhames(m): 3:28am On May 02, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

https://punchng.com/i-had-great-plans-for-first-bank-ex-chairman-awosika/

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Dr. Oba Otudeko was single handedly responsible for sacking Bernard Ojeifo Longe when the ECONET saga befell First bank in the early 2000s. That saga exposed his influence on the board then when Longer went to seek redress in court ending with a fat cheque in his favour.

These Methuselahs should give way for new ideas and progress before they use their unwarranted influence to destroy great brands.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by overboard(m): 5:10am On May 02, 2021
rhames:

Dr. Oba Otudeko was single handedly responsible for sacking Bernard Ojeifo Longe when the ECONET saga befell First bank in the early 2000s. That saga exposed his influence on the board then when Longer went to seek redress in court ending with a fat cheque in his favour.

These Methuselahs should give way for new ideas and progress before they use their unwarranted influence to destroy great brands.

Ha, ha... you’re informed. Spot on.

Back then, Nigerian shareholder like Otudeko were instrumental to the instability in that Telco due to their meddlesome-ness...

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by DWJOBScom(m): 6:03am On May 02, 2021
NASTYNASOSO:

LAZY YOUTH OR EMPTY HEAD.

KINDLY TELL US THE DUE PROCESS
IF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

Its sunday and you must be a happy keyboard youth so I will just ask, you get a proper Education.
Do have a nice day
Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by DWJOBScom(m): 6:04am On May 02, 2021
rhames:

Very informed

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by NASTYNASOSO: 6:31am On May 02, 2021
DWJOBScom:

Its sunday and you must be a happy keyboard youth so I will just ask, you get a proper Education.
Do have a nice day

HMMMMMMM

EDUCATED ONE INDEED.

DID TOU ATTEND ENGLISH COMPREHENSION CLASSES ?

START BY DOING DUE PROCESS TO
THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION YOU RECEIVED.

JUST A TYPICAL EXAMPLE OF THE LOST HOPE OF NIGERIA'S FUTURE LEADER'S.

PEOPLE OF YOUR PSYCHE WITH LAME TAMED SUB STANDARD FAKE INTELLECT WANNABE MENTALITY BROUGHT US TO WHERE WE ARE TODAY IN NIGERIA.

THIS FORUM IS NOT A BEER PARLOUR.YOU ARE FREE TO CONTRIBUTE WHEN YOU ARE SOBER.
Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by ddeola: 7:52am On May 02, 2021
You have done your bit. We need more women like you in govt.

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by Okeyworlu: 7:57am On May 02, 2021
Worst bank ever.....beautiful nonsense.
Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by rhames(m): 8:13am On May 02, 2021
DWJOBScom:

Very informed
u

His meddling into management by hand picking board members did not go well with his predecessors Alhaji Umaru Mutallab who stood his ground and would not take the shit from him and his gang. His influence made most southern shareholder states led by Bola Ahmed Tinubu to offload their shares in ECONEt then.

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by Nobody: 8:49am On May 02, 2021
Great plans of the type Bubu has for Nigeria

Yeah right grin

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by DestroyEvil: 9:18am On May 02, 2021
Exactly! The Fulani ass-licker below me has again confirmed why this wonderful Woman was hurriedly sacked and replaced by Yoruba Muslim, soon to be fully replaced by a Northerner.
thebosstrevor1:
RuudVanNisteroy, were you sacked by firstbank and oando plc.

Their news seems to excite you.
You praised jim ovia and elumelu for being a don while you abuse oando and first bank for being stupid.

Aren't we seeing a pattern here

I am suspecting you for being an ipob sympathizer grin
Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by josite: 11:51am On May 02, 2021
GBJakes:

CBN is playing dangote's script against honeywell company.

it is all politics.

they all including awosika got what they got via politics not by merit,not by smartness.i have never had a minute to spare on her numerous success talks cus i knew they were not her first hand experience

if awosika is smarts,she ought to know the antecedents of otudeko.was otudeko not also the ones involved with econet wahala soe times ago.

being smart would have been her recognizing the cbn powers and doing as much to keep cbn and not otudeko at her side at al cost.

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by FuckOsuPigs: 1:27pm On May 02, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:
sack yoruba employ another yoruba the same sabotage still continues.

I love my moniker grin.

Do you?
Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by ngxade(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2021
Ibukun Awosika said and i quote " I Had Great Plans For First Bank " this is medicine after death....

1 Like

Re: Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank by jalie(f): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
No one should transact with this person, he is a scammer, he just scammed me of my skrill money.

h
Olypm:
How much is Ibukun Awosike owing First Bank. Why did she allow herself to be used by Dr. Oba Otudeko to sack the entire management of the bank without recourse to CBN? Check out my signature if you want to go into export business

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves / Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling / Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.