Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

“Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi (342 Views)

Bandits Are Gang Raping Us ⁠— Zamfara Women Speak / Man Arrested For Killing His 2 Children And His Aged Mother In Anambra (Graphic) / I Beheaded 4 Children And Sold Each Head For N170k - Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by thepeterokereke(m): 1:03am On May 02, 2021
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has declared his intention to negotiate with bandits to ascertain their grievances and the way forward … revealing they’re “our children”.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Gov. Umahi made this declaration on Friday in Abakaliki at the presentation of 40 Toyota Sienna and 20 Hilux vehicles to security agencies for enhanced operations in Ebonyi.

He also directed local government chairmen and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the state to identify the bandits and present them for debriefing.

In his words, David Umahi is quoted as saying:

“The bandits are our children and I am pained when they or the security agencies are killed.”

“I want to talk to the bandits and empower them as we cannot continue to kill ourselves and destroy public infrastructure.”

Read more here:
https://www.peterokereke.com/bandits-are-our-children-ebonyi-governor-david-umahi/

Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by Karlovych: 1:09am On May 02, 2021
embarassed embarassed He must be high on Ebonyi weed. Since when did Fulani herdsmen from Niger Republic and Mali become his children?

2 Likes

Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by iammo(m): 1:12am On May 02, 2021
cool

Pressing Buhari and Fulanis mumu button because of 2023

BAT2023 mandate for me .... However, any southerner like Umahi hustling for the office of the Commander in Chief of Nigeria won't get criticized by me

1 Like

Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by AllenSpencer: 1:20am On May 02, 2021
Their leaders and elites are aligning with the North politically

The dwarfed poor paupers are screaming Biafra or death cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dunces!

1 Like

Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by ejighikemeuwa: 3:25am On May 02, 2021
What about the native doctors you are gathering for your self?
Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by Sirsuky(m): 3:59am On May 02, 2021
grin grin grin baba bandit well done when are you going to hand over your will to them.
Awon family Esau because of food

1 Like

Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by Freestainworld(m): 5:25am On May 02, 2021
When did Easterners become bandits? which of the bandits is he referring to.
Re: “Bandits Are Our Children And I’m Pained When They’re Killed” — Governor Umahi by EagleNest(m): 7:38am On May 02, 2021
Political statement driven by political ambitions and not by his head or conscience.

(1) (Reply)

Reactions As Boko Haram Distributes Ramadan Packages To Residents / EFCC Arraigns Ex-banker Over Fraudulent N3.2m Withdrawal From Customer’s Account / Baba Ijesa Defended By 19 Lawyers Including A SAN, Gets Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.