Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,630 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance To First Sunday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance To First Sunday? (211 Views)

First Sunday Of Lent / Pastor Adeboye Spitting Facts And Shaking Tables At First Sunday Service In 2021 / Share Your First Sunday Sermon Topic You Heard In Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance To First Sunday? by Youngadvocate(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2021
Churches in Nigeria, on First Sundays, record high attendance. In some churches, e dey be like say na carnival. The inside is filled to the brim with overflows.

The roads in Lagos are nearly dry and dead in the mornings of First Sunday, different than other Sundays. Residential areas, look exactly residential on First Sunday. Less or no noise pollution, except say na the shouts and singing wey dey come from nearby churches. There's less emissions of generator fumes destabilizing the atmosphereee, unless say na di smoke wey dey comot from the generator wey di church dey use. There's practically calm and tranquil atmosphere unless a church is built around.

More so, the rush and rough drives early in the morning, and the long horrible traffic jam in the afternoon after church dismissal show how much and well people attend church service on the first Sunday.

It goes to show that Nigerians attach so much importance to First Sundays than other Sundays. I've tried to figure this out, but e no fit gel. I no fit just explain why.

Na why I dey ask, "Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance to First Sunday than other Sundays?"

Abeg, make we shook mouth for this matter my pipul.

Cc:
Lalasticlala,
Mynd44
OAM4J
Re: Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance To First Sunday? by Lighthouse50: 9:22am On May 02, 2021
It is simply because they have been brainwashed to believe they are to come for new month blessings which will see them through the month forgetting that pastors are only after the huge sum they will get at the start of new month to feed their families all through that month.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance To First Sunday? by kingxsamz(m): 1:23pm On May 02, 2021
Lol, first Sunday, as if the country doesn't get worse every new month.

(1) (Reply)

The Fall Of Humanity. / Sultan Declares Thursday Eid-el-fitr Day / Some Dreams We Think Are Bad........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.