Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Help With Visual Studio Code... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Visual Studio Code... (732 Views)

Alternative To XHR Failed Visual Studio Code Error / Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. / Who Knows How To Edit A Wordpress Website And Work With Visual Composer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Visual Studio Code... by Saucekiddo99(m): 12:32am On May 03, 2021
For a while now, I have been learning to code on my mobile phone, and I have made noticeable progress in Web dev and a few programming Languages.
My problem had always been the need to have separate apps for each language. That was when I decided to move my base to my PC(I used it mainly for minor graphics editing and games).
I installed the widely recommended Visual Studio Code, but I couldn't understand jack from the layout. My code wouldn't even compile talk-less of run.
After exploring the app, I found the extensions section and I quickly downloaded extensions on the languages I will be working with, but still, I didn't see the differences they made.

I will really appreciate help on setting my workspace up.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by valzey(m): 12:56am On May 03, 2021
Google, google, google.... That's what you should do.
How to use xyz programming language with vscode
Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by Nobody: 2:16am On May 03, 2021
First you need to understand that visual studio code freshly installed is a little more than a text editor,like the notepad you have on windows.
Of course an editor cannot compile codes.
You need to download the compiler for any language you wish to develop on your editor.
Now before you talk about the vs code extensions you downloaded. Those extensions aren’t compilers; they simply help you format your codes.
They are equipped with the full library of their target language ; therefore they have functions like auto-complete, code correction, error highlighting , code coloring, correct document formatting etc.
I hope you’ve also installed the code runner extension?
To wrap up ,any language you wish to compile and execute on your system, has to have its compiler installed on your computer.
You can look up how to go about this for any programming language.
This part however has nothing to do with visual studio code.
Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by Dominique123(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2021
Now you’re a developer
StackOverflow is your new brother. Welcome him to the family and you’ll have less trouble. Ask , ask and ask.
Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by Saucekiddo99(m): 1:50pm On May 05, 2021
Thank you everybody that contributed. I googled and got compliers for the languages and how to install them. So Everything is all set now.
Though I have to confess, those IDE's on mobile phones with their built-in compilers were more cool.
Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by Saucekiddo99(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2021
Dominique123:
Now you’re a developer
StackOverflow is your new brother. Welcome him to the family and you’ll have less trouble. Ask , ask and ask.
Way to go. Thank you.
Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by Saucekiddo99(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2021
Rgade:
First you need to understand that visual studio code freshly installed is a little more than a text editor,like the notepad you have on windows.
Of course an editor cannot compile codes.
You need to download the compiler for any language you wish to develop on your editor.
Now before you talk about the vs code extensions you downloaded. Those extensions aren’t compilers; they simply help you format your codes.
They are equipped with the full library of their target language ; therefore they have functions like auto-complete, code correction, error highlighting , code coloring, correct document formatting etc.
I hope you’ve also installed the code runner extension?
To wrap up ,any language you wish to compile and execute on your system, has to have its compiler installed on your computer.
You can look up how to go about this for any programming language.
This part however has nothing to do with visual studio code.
I understood more about the nature of Visual Studio Code. Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Help With Visual Studio Code... by Saucekiddo99(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2021
valzey:
Google, google, google.... That's what you should do.
How to use xyz programming language with vscode
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Computer Scientist and programmers come in. Work dey / I Urgently Need A Wordpress Developer / Turing Live Coding Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.