Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website (1630 Views)

Please How Can I Change The Graphics Card On My Samsung Laptop?? / My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed / How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by ikelowa(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
plz i would like this message to get to the
owner of this website.this web has been
a very educative,innovative and a
helping hand to so many nigerians and
non nigerians but the designs and
graphics of this web is not encouraging
with the given population in it.thanks
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by showreals(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2011
I have also thought of this for a very long time, this is almost if not the default setting of this forum package by SMF, but on second thought nigeria is peculiar especially as regarding out Internet speed, so which do u want : KickA.ss Graphics or availability (ability to lod even on slower networks)

you might have noticed sometimes that even while other sites are busy loading or not even downloading Nairaland is already Up

just my 2 kobo
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by smile11s(m): 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
when its simple, it is easily accessible.

So leave it this way!
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by kingsleyp: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
I personally dont like catchy sites, so i love nairaland
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Dolemite(f): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
Thing is refurbishing the site may affect its google ranking. . .
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by goggs(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
this site is 'lean and mean'and to me thats a big plus! Nairaland loads faster than most sites. In fact its second only to Google.com in speed most times. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Come to think of it, Nairaland old timers will recall that seun did try to introduce grahic changes and put it to vote. The majority didnt like the change and voted against it.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by emmatok(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
ikelowa:

plz i would like this message to get to the
owner of this website.this web has been
a very educative,innovative and a
helping hand to so many nigerians and
non nigerians but the designs and
graphics of this web is not encouraging
with the given population in it.thanks

NL is a blogging site.

You do not need much GRAPHICS for a site like NL.

Too much graphics will affect the bandwidth of both end user and NL SERVERS.

Most professional blogs i know don't have much graphics.

I must be simple and fast.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by gbengaijot(m): 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
emmatok:

NL is a blogging site.

You do not need much GRAPHICS for a site like NL.

Too much graphics will affect the bandwidth of both end user and NL SERVERS.

Most professional blogs i know don't have much graphics.

I must be simple and fast.

Nairaland is not a blogging site, its a Forum
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by bhsadmin: 5:20am On Apr 26, 2011
don't don't touchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's ok for fast surfing millions access this site daily, much graphics will slow down the speed.

just imaging what naijahotjobs did. men na rubish

Oga moderator liv am like this.

thank your observation

cheers
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Emmy3(m): 6:32am On Apr 26, 2011
showreals:

I have also thought of this for a very long time, this is almost if not the default setting of this forum package by SMF, but on second thought nigeria is peculiar especially as regarding out Internet speed, so which do u want : KickA.ss Graphics or availability (ability to lod even on slower networks)

you might have noticed sometimes that even while other sites are busy loading or not even downloading Nairaland is already Up

just my 2 kobo
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by obijack: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2011
Pls. Seun,

leave d site as it is ooo

we do not need anything too colourful but where to pass message and share ideas.

NL rocks because its simple and easily accessible.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by beknown(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2011
@Poster,

Nairaland design is OK as it is. It does not need change to the colours.

From design point of view, if many graphics are used, it will introduce bandwidth problems to many people. A number of people in Nigeria with low bandwidth will not be able to access the site.

The current site uses mostly textual design and content. This is why the site is very easy to navigate and accessible to everyone, rich and poor.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Philcool(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2011
Well, I really admonish the starter of this post. I must say that you really had the wisdom to think the uniqueness of this great website that we com 2geda as a virtual community to share common intrest. But you see, this way that it is hav been rated the best and even better than the best and easily assesible from even the worst network connection from any part of the world with a very poor bandwidth due to its design condition. To improve on the graphics ar you a re pleading is nothing but to make it be assesible by not all but few that hav what it takes and nairaland is for naija people serving all mankind in this universe.
Please All, I believe I am speaking the minds of mankinds?
Thank you All.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by samoks(m): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2011
@POSTER,

Sites with high traffic in the world all have less graphics, yahoo, google, facebook etc, So leave us and nairaland alone, Don't you ever wish you were someone else, cos you are better off the way you are
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by ikelowa(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2011
Some people reply as if there is conflict and disharmony in the house.well my thanks go to all and specialy to phillcool.u really gave me a matured, enlightened and understandably reply.av a niceday
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by ikelowa(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2011
Some people reply as if there is conflict and disharmony in the house.well my  thanks go to all and specialy to phillcool.u really gave me a matured, enlightened and understandably reply.av a niceday
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by ikelowa(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2011
Some people reply as if there is conflict and disharmony in the house.well my thanks go to all and specialy to phillcool.u really gave me a matured, enlightened and understandably reply.av a niceday
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2011
NL is not an ordinary website, it's a forum designed with a template. One can only modify its content.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Vickivicki(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
It's okay like this.

We love it this way,though where applicable change is always a welcome step.
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Jeezy: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2011
If it aint broke dont fix it tongue tongue tongue
Re: Plz Improve The Graphics Of This Website by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2011
I haven't bothered visting naijahotjobs since they 'improved' on their graphics. It's a load of rubbish now. Pls nairaland shouldn't chase me away by 'improving' on their so-called bad graphics.
The best things in life are simple. . .

(1) (Reply)

Fast Vpn For Sales / Deleted / Please Kindly Help Me With Activation Keys For Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.