Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Dough Cutters For Chinchin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dough Cutters For Chinchin (14683 Views)

Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures / How Do I Make My Meatpie Dough Crusty / So What Do You Usually Do With Dough That Doesn't Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dough Cutters For Chinchin by snazzydawn(f): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2011
Hello y'all, please I'm about to start making chinchin on a large scale in addition to my cakes. Now I know it'll be slow to cut up the chinchin in pieces using human hands. Is there a machine that flattens and cuts it before the frying? Where can I get it,please? Thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 25, 2011
A pasta making machine i should think.

There was a thread about this before, somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by comfie: 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2011
Are you in Nigeria? If you are in Nigeria, check out those who make large scale chin-chin. I live in Atlanta, i needed a chin chin cutter sometime last year August. I bought a ravioli/pasta machine from ltaly. i must confess, it didnt work out. i tried several times it didnt work, so i returned the machine. My cousins who makes chin chin in Atlanta use knives to cut the pastry. I am notsure we have chin chin cutter here in America.
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by tpia5: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
^Did you try a regular kitchenaid food processor? Some of them come with pasta shaping attachments. Not sure why you ordered one all the way from Italy when you live in the US.

Anyway, you may be right sha but i think cutting it by hand would be quite tedious when making it for a large party.
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by comfie: 3:07am On Apr 29, 2011
Initially i bought kitchen aid pasta roller/cutter, it didnt work. Then after sourcing on the web, i decided to try a Ravioli cutter, before i finally gave up. My two cousins make chin chin to order here in Atlanta, and they use knives. What i discovered about all the cutters is that, the pastry got to be hard, and you know when pastry is too hard, you will not have a good crisp chinchin. Some other person may have a better idea.
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by tpia5: 3:21am On Apr 29, 2011
oh, ok.
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by Igonih(m): 10:36pm On May 10, 2011
use pasta cutter. There was this one my mom had we used it to cut dough for chinchin and I bought one two years ago I use it to flaten dough to make spring rolls. It wont cut the chin chin into squares but it will cut the dough into long strips and then you cut to the square size you want.
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by gwanpablo(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
i dont think there is a machine for that.u are more than a machaine. wink kiss
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by tpia5: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2011
But how do the chinese cut theirs?
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
Wow..surprised that people really don't know about this machine..its a chin chin cutting machine..if you are in nigeria,,it can be constructed and fabricated according to the size and shape of the chin chin you plan on making..all u have to do is mix,,then roll it to d flat shape and width of the machine,,place it on d bed of the machine with flour spread on the bed for smooth movement,the push it a little,,d machine drags it and u will see d sliced and fully cut chin chin at the other end/output of the machine,then take it to yur oven,,its really fast..contact me with dx number08176980887..I am a mechanical engineer and I run my own workshop in anambra,,I can have it constructed for you..here is a picture of the machine

Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 06, 2016
hey...i have been receiving calls abt d machine..and most of yu guys hav been asking for smtin small..i totally understand dt things are tough ryt now for ppl to cough out cash..so here is d deal..have decided to re design something smaller..same principle but dimensions will b reduced and very affordable..actually doing this for starters..nt every1 got lucky like I did..so gonna give u guys something to maximise ur production and increase yur pace of supply..all thanks to dx guy dt called few days ago..balogun..will start re-designing tomorrow..so before monday..will have d perfect blue print..
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by Hewhathomhy: 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
paschal1995:
hey...i have been receiving calls abt d machine..and most of
yu guys hav been asking for smtin small..i totally understand
dt things are tough ryt now for ppl to cough out cash..so here
is d deal..have decided to re design something smaller..same
principle but dimensions will b reduced and very
affordable..actually doing this for starters..nt every1 got lucky
like I did..so gonna give u guys something to maximise ur
production and increase yur pace of supply..all thanks to dx
guy dt called few days ago..balogun..will start re-designing
tomorrow..so before monday..will have d perfect blue print..

Mr Paschal. M a student and really need something doing. is a small one available
Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by gelgoogmachine(f): 1:42am On Apr 13, 2017
Yes, sure, if you want to produce chinchin in large scale, there is one set chin chin cutting machine help you. you can see the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrAogl3MPE
Different size of chin chin can be made, like triangle shape chin chin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0LM8BV8fn0
snazzydawn:
Hello y'all, please I'm about to start making chinchin on a large scale in addition to my cakes. Now I know it'll be slow to cut up the chinchin in pieces using human hands. Is there a machine that flattens and cuts it before the frying? Where can I get it,please? Thank you.

Re: Dough Cutters For Chinchin by gelgoogmachine(f): 6:50am On Apr 13, 2017
We have machine for cutting chin chin
tpia5:
But how do the chinese cut theirs?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals / Dream Slices Cakes. Affordable Cakes And Cupcakes Available. Call Me. / Homemade Suya Spice Mix Recipe (yaji) And How To Make Suya.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.