Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us (35785 Views)

Sexual Molestation Claims Of Afaka Students Untrue, Says Parents / Soldier Drags Policeman Who Collected N50k From Some Guys (Video) / Police Arrest Kidnapper Who Collected $15,000 Ransom In Bitcoins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Doraty1(f): 10:30am On May 05, 2021
Parents of the 29 kidnapped students of the College of Forestry Mechanisation Afaka, Kaduna state have narrated their ordeal while negotiating with the abductors of their children.

In March, bandits attacked the college located in Igabi LGA and abducted the students, but 172 of them were rescued, leaving 39 in captivity.

Out of the 39 in captivity, 10 have regained their freedom.

On Tuesday, the parents staged a protest at the national assembly, asking the federal government to help them secure the release of their children.

Speaking with Roots TV, one of the parents said they have been trying to secure the release of the abducted students to no avail.

She said the parents had attended several meetings and were taken to Ahmad Gumi, prominent Islamic cleric, who directed them to a Fulani man named Ahmed.

She said the parents paid N800,000 to the man but he said the money was for transportation and insisted that they pay an additional N500 million.

“We kept going for meetings. They took us to Gumi’s house who said we should meet one Ahmed. I’ve forgotten the name. A Fulani man was invited, we contributed almost N800,000 to him but he said the money was just for transportation. Then I started crying and pleaded with him that I am a widow, training my boy to become my helper in the future but he said that was not his concern,” she said.

She said the unidentified Fulani man was invited to an office in Kaduna to meet the parents.

“We kept begging him but he insisted that we must pay N500 million.”

Another parent, who said the trauma was too much to handle, said they have become “walking corpses”.

She said: “The trauma is too much, I can hardly sleep. We are walking corpses. People see us as being alive but we are already dead. In the night, one cannot sleep, if you want to sleep you will be thinking about the condition of your child; if the child is dead, alive, eaten.

“They (kidnappers) were after the government paying that money– N500 million. Like me in particular, they kept calling me ‘Madam, go and talk to the government to pay the money’. All I kept telling them was that I am a widow, I don’t have access to the government.

“Maybe if my husband were to be alive, he would know somebody who would help him to talk to the government. They kept calling me for almost two weeks and I told them the same thing.”

She said the bandits have started calling them individually to negotiate for their children’s release.

The Kaduna state government has maintained that it will not negotiate with bandits to secure the freedom of the abducted students.

https://www.thecable.ng/parent-of-afaka-student-gumi-linked-us-to-someone-who-collected-n800k-from-us/amp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Officialgarri: 10:31am On May 05, 2021
If this report is not concocted by this media outlet, then this woman is a traitor

supportnija:

She would have waited untill the remaining one are freed..
If this story is true, I believe Gumi had done her a favor by telling her what channel to use to get her son back and she would have waited for others who might be capable to explore that channel also before exposing them.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Illuminatiship(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2021
we know na
Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by bet9ja(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2021
Officialgarri:
If this report is not concocted by this media outlet, then this woman is a traitor
Its very simple. Just pray for your family to experience this and let's see how you will handle it.

347 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Nobody: 10:47am On May 05, 2021
Officialgarri:
She would have waited untill the remaining one are freed..

5 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Nobody: 10:51am On May 05, 2021
bet9ja:
Its very simple. Just pray for your family to experience this and let's see how you will handle it.
Op, is not the issue of prayer , this woman shouldn't mention name for now until this guys are freed. This people are very terrible .

30 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by paulolee(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2021
business deal gone wrong....I see no reason why she would grant interview wen others are not free yet..
I also dnt understand d state government saying he wont pay and also doing nothing about it or is it until dey gets killed??
its very wrong for government or president to negatiate or pay bandits to free a kidnapped citizen but if its ur family or friends involved, you would be praying each day for govt to make dt call..
thats life...

19 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by ecomalchemist(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2021
Better be careful the way you leak your mouth, make dem no go kill the rest.

A word is enough for the wise.

11 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by slawormiir: 11:35am On May 05, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
No matter what

Don't negotiate with terrorists and kidnappers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by psychologist(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2021
These people have finished this country patapata...

5 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by BruncleZuma: 11:35am On May 05, 2021
Arrest this middle man

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Dexpro: 11:35am On May 05, 2021
Nigeria is bleeding.

Things have become unfortunately terrible

1 Like

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Racoon(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2021
Guess sane Nigerians can see the inter-connection between Sheikh Ahmed Gumi and bandits/terrorists?
Yet the useless DSS and other array of security agencies cant cash on this intel to track and arrest all these atrocious elements? It is separatist agitators that are their problems.What a country!

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by OakConsultNG: 11:36am On May 05, 2021
Interesting times..
Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by simplyOJ(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2021
This is so frustrating. We're supposed to have a government in place that swore an oath to protect the lives and properties of its citizens. The Government has failed in its MAIN responsibility. Everyone for himself, God for all.

9 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by adioolayi(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2021
Gumi... Terrorists, Bandits apologist...Terrorists, Bandits sympathizer....Terrorists, Bandits Informant...Terrorists, Bandits negotiator...Terrorists, Bandits lobbyist ....The lists of how he is perceived to be associating with the terrorists and bandits is endless..

The question is, why is he not in DSS custody as we speak Why

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by chukwugoziegi: 11:36am On May 05, 2021
Gumi na bandit wahlai.

E sure me say the werey man dey collect percentage.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by WalkerMichael(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2021
govt would do nothing still..

6 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Rickbronz(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2021
Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by nenyeRitta(f): 11:37am On May 05, 2021
But this is very wrong, see what a cleric is doing

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:37am On May 05, 2021
Gumi is nothing but a cheap criminal!!!

Nigeria is finished

19 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by DennisEche(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2021
NIGERIA IS GONE, THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT SHEIK GUMMI AND THE BANDITS. THE TRUTH SHALL COME OUT SOME DAYS

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by duro4chang(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2021
It will be correct if I say Gummi will have his own share.No wonder!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Nobody: 11:37am On May 05, 2021
This is just fear psychology.... those bandits are more scared of killing those children due to the situation having gone extremely viral...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Jesuschristus: 11:38am On May 05, 2021
Gumis case is really confusing, we see him as a supporter of bandit who should be arrested,the parents of kidnapped children see him as savior, but then the major problem is with the gov, kidnapping is supposed to be prevented in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by ken6488(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2021
Where dss

1 Like

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by seunaj: 11:39am On May 05, 2021
If Nigeria will ever be serious, Gumi should be arrested now! Gumi is the spiritual leader of ISWAP, BOKOHARAM and the entire BANDITS. No doubt he knows each and every of their key leaders one on one. When he is arrested he will lead the security operatives to their hideout. Period!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Jehovahnissi202: 11:39am On May 05, 2021
Officialgarri:

If this story is true, I believe Gumi had done her a favor by telling her what channel to use to get her son back and she would have waited for others who might be capable to explore that channel also before exposing them.

OK
Re: Parent Of Afaka Student: Gumi Linked Us To Someone Who Collected N800k From Us by Nobody: 11:39am On May 05, 2021
angry

Please make dem Arrest this man ! If this is TRUE !

This man has links to all this Bandits undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American Woman Kills Her 3-Year-Old Daughter After Hearing Voices From TV (Pix) / Man Crashes Into A Fence While Being Chased By SARS, Forced To Rebuild / Fake EFCC Officials Caught In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.