Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal (27144 Views)

Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) / How To Successfully Pay Your School Fees On UNIBEN KOFA Online With Your Phone / Oduduwa University "Portal" Hacked By Russian Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by GeneralKoko(m): 11:02am On May 05, 2021
sad Good day Nairalanders

I came here to report a very big problem that should be addressed by the school authority or the state Government.
School resumption is slated for 10th May for returning students and I just went to my portal now to pay my fees . What I saw was far from shocking as the school has added ridiculous fees to milk the student community dry embarassed angry
What is portal access fee
Sports fee
I can't get my hand on all the screenshot but this is bad for struggling students.
My total school fees is now 90k
This is unacceptable cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by GeneralKoko(m): 11:03am On May 05, 2021
More

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Nobody: 11:06am On May 05, 2021
See fees for God's sake

All these wise words and sayings dey work everywhere, except naija. I remember one " if you think education is expensive try ignorance". Omo na ignorance sure pass oooo. Where the common man wan take see this money? I left school with 11k something as fees, still scam my mama join E no pinch her. If na now I swear I go just bone school go dey do yahoo. They keep making things difficult and yet they arrest criminals. Who made the criminals in the first place?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by paulolee(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2021
chaaai....the breeze is blowing everywhere....I even heard my state uni are also planning to increase thier own to 95k per session n its too bad n too high for oil producing states..
It seems ths state governments are tired of funding schools because state universities this days are all increasing their fees..
jus imagine sports fee 5k n even portal access is 3k plus my own data o, the worst is hearing dt acceptance fee is now 20k n above, azin i go pay skul for accepting me to come suffer....no yawa
the problem the country is having is that institutions like schools and hospitals aint meant to generate revenue but to improve lives..
but its opposite in my country because of poor funding and d masses suffers for it..

4 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Benblaq(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2021
This is a meager compared to what we see in UNICAL. Have you heard of 'Friends Of The School' fee? N500, N2000, N2500 and other little bills during clearance.. man fit craze.. plus the hunger and frustration that comes with sapa and week40 in school. These guys are heartless.. they even added late entry fee to the last exam we wrote.

4 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by EkwulobiaTV: 12:29pm On May 05, 2021
Na wa. It's a state university
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by na2016: 12:29pm On May 05, 2021
If these fees will make the school better, so be it. Of what use is it to attend a Nigerian University and you can't compete with others from other parts of the world for a job? N90K is about $220 ooo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by telim: 12:29pm On May 05, 2021
After paying all the fees alot of the graduants will still end up unemployed after completing the useless NYSC. Is high time everyone start learning monitiseable ICT skills to atleast freelance and earn some decent cash online, with the look of things the country is in deep shit and know workable solution in sight.
God pls help Nigerians..

4 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by southsouthking(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2021
Oga Desmond Elliott, you see watin you cause?
Continue you hear.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by ictjobber: 12:30pm On May 05, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by GreaterFuture3: 12:30pm On May 05, 2021
Scam, literally a Scam.

I Supply Agricultural Products, mainly Grains like Soya and Maize

4 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by bazzyblings: 12:30pm On May 05, 2021
grin
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Dpaulie(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2021
Remember my days in great ife, I didn't even pay up to 50k for the whole duration of my program

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by EricSmallz(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2021
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 05, 2021
OP channel your greivances to Desmond Elliot... Wike is innocent 100%.

2 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by paulolee(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2021
GreaterFuture3:
School, in Nigeria, is a Scam.
na so we see am....dts why man gat hustle so our children no go follow for dis scam..
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Revere27: 12:31pm On May 05, 2021
Naxo them dey scam us for all institutions.

If you guys have SUG, this is the time for them to work and show their impacts to the students.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Bornsinner7: 12:31pm On May 05, 2021
I remember someone telling me the other day that instead of him becoming a governor.. he would prefer be a VC of any public university..

8 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by nairavsdollars(f): 12:32pm On May 05, 2021
and Wike is giving Burna Boy $1000,000
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Revere27: 12:32pm On May 05, 2021
southsouthking:
Oga Desmond Elliott, you see watin you cause?
Continue you hear.

Abeg make una leave this guy ;Dnaa grin
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Achor1111(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2021
Too ridiculous, the appropriate authority should act swiftly.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by OmoManU: 12:32pm On May 05, 2021
What's ridiculous in all these, just only that portal access fee for me
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Aderewah: 12:33pm On May 05, 2021
So? Most secondary s school students pay more than 100k yearly as school fees. University fees in Nigeria should be increased to 1m. So that we will have fewer graduates and they will get jobs. Others should go to technical school for courses like automobile coupling, skyscraper construction, elevator repair etc.

10 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by OgbanjeProphet: 12:33pm On May 05, 2021
That SCHOOL TOPUP eeh, they are still reasoning the bill grin

When them go fix the amount for una eeh, una go see something cheesy

9 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 05, 2021
in this part of the world school na scam

use this your school fees invest for crypto, if you Sabi the way then you dey mobile and still make more funds

learn one skills join

better still run PT

to the individual below me .. blame am on BuHARi
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by ignis: 12:33pm On May 05, 2021
Desmond Elliot is responsible for all this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Prismprecious(f): 12:33pm On May 05, 2021
How much was it before?

And how much is it now?

Is it me or...

I can't see the fees full breakdown in your post.

Anyways, welcome to the Nigerian university system. They always find a way to milk students. I graduated from Kwara State Uni, and the fees were just so absurd.

-sports
-guidance and counseling
-research fees
-late reg
Turnitin, which we never used.

If all the students can come together and shake the management, they might budge and look into the matter.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by stanliwise(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2021
GreaterFuture3:
Schooling in Nigeria, is a Scam.
school is not a scam anywhere in the world. It is the biggest institution we have to develop and teach our future how we want our society to be like. But what has happen here is that we(Nigeria and African at large) have made a good effort on rendering its effectiveness and effort useless. This would affect everything soon enough

1 Like

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by southsouthking(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2021
Revere27:

Abeg make una leave this guy ;Dnaa grin

No o, laye.
Pickin dey leave papa alone?
Na our daddy, and as children, we need to tell am him fault.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cambridge A Levels!!!!! / Sex For Marks In Nigerian Universities: The Untold Stories! / NDA Dismisses 18 Cadets For Exam Malpractices, Brutality, Indiscipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.