Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? (572 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Men That Married More Than One Wife Lives Longer / Why Woman Lives Longer Than Man (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Wisedove(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2021
I came across a post yesterday asking when last we've called our mom. This morning I saw another one asking when last we've called our dad, but to my surprise majority of those that commented on the dad's thread have lost their dad.
This is what prompted me to create this so as to know what are the real causes or factors responsible for husbands dying way too earlier than their wieves
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Bornsinner7: 2:43pm On May 06, 2021
Because fathers are the ones who go out to hustle thereby exposing themselves to dangers.. the women sit at home to take care of the children
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Daveambition(m): 3:07pm On May 06, 2021
After my parent split & went their seperate ways, my Mom never stopped grinding for us. All those yrs til date i've never seen my Mom quit for no'hing. Dad past away during the Covid lockdown & after his funeral, i secretly pray evryday for God to watch over my Mom in her sleep & when she's out in public. I can't afford to miss my "goddess"

Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by falcon01: 3:16pm On May 06, 2021

Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 06, 2021
Wahala noh 2much 4 mumu man wey go marry liability wife, wey b say nah him dey hustle 2 pay evry bill. Tell me Y e noh go Die Young?
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Wisedove(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Because fathers are ones who go out to hustle thereby exposing themselves to dangers.. the women sit at home to take care of the children
you make a valid point here bro I think this is one of the reasons.
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Wisedove(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2021
AfricanGiant91:
Wahala noh 2much 4 mumu man wey go marry liability wife, wey b say nah him dey hustle 2 pay evry bill. Tell me Y e noh go Die Young?
A word for though.
Lalasticlala please do the needful, we need more public opinion on this.
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Charlex23(m): 4:59pm On May 06, 2021
This should make front page.
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Mindlog: 5:29pm On May 06, 2021
Fathers tend to be older than mothers, naturally it is expected the older goes first.

Though men engage in more dangerouus jobs and that can't be discounted but generally speaking females outlive males all through the stages of human life, as right from conception, the female biological make up gives an edge over males as Infant mortality is higher in boys than girls, boys are more vulnerable to diseases and premature death. Even with the present Covid-19, morrality is higher in men.

Let us also not forget the poor health-seeking behaviour of men. Lifestyle also counts as they are more likely to consume and abuse alcohol and drugs which sadly hits hard on their health and very reluctant to seek professional health care intervention, reason why women are more vulnerable and get infected by HIV/AIDS than men but more men die of it as testing, following up on treatment and drug adherence is lower in men.

If it is tied only to fathers work harder, how do we explain widows whose husbands died when their children were very young, some were even pregnant and without the husband, had to hustle on their own to pay rent, feed, cloth and raise their children up to through university education, same for women whose husbands abandoned them and their children to go live a life away from them leaving the burden of raising the children on their wives, still majority of such men die before the wives they left the responsibilities for?

Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by Vision101(m): 2:45am On May 07, 2021
The greater part of the pressure of the family is on the father. For a responsible father he neglects himself for the good of the family.

When the children start being independent, they care more about the mother and less about their father.
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by JeffreyJunior: 3:36am On May 07, 2021
Responsible men shoulder more responsibilities than women but in most cases, illnesses associated with wild lifestyle like excess alcohol consumption and smoking cut men's life prematurely with diseases such as diabetes, heart attack, stroke, liver and kidney failures etc.
Re: Why Do Mothers Lives Longer Than The Fathers? by zolajpower: 4:17am On May 07, 2021
Men hustle more than women .

Summer Vacation Training For Kids And Teens In Ibadan / I Was Live At Williams Uchemba's Wedding To Perform My Gele Magic On His Wife! / State Of Dilemma