Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another (1013 Views)

Help!!! Email And Password Returns Empty / How Can I Move My Php Website From Free Hosting To Premium/paid Hosting / Nairahost really not a hosting to go with ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by schneid: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
hi masters,
my clients wants to transfer his company site (domain and hosting) to mine; but wants all his old MAILS go with it.
how do i go about that (EMAILS).
RGDS
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by item: 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
You need a full back up. Your server provider should be able to help out.

You may not be able to do this yourself.
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by Sub5(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2011
Yea, you need a full backup of his site and this can be done from your client site cpanel. login to his cpanel and click on the
backup wizard, it will bring you to a page where you will then select Generate full back up. you will then select
the location where you will want it to be. here select home directory. once the full backup id done an email will be sent to you
to notify you of its completion .
then you can download it and upload it to your own hosting server, but you will not be able to restore this backup, you will need to
contact your WHM provider to restore it for you.

Good luck.
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by DualCore1: 8:05am On Apr 26, 2011
For domain transfer: Request for the transfer auth code from the current registrar and ensure to registrar lock is enabled, also ensure that the administrative email of the domain is one that is accessible by you or your client.

For a seamless migration, first change to your nameservers on the present registrar.

For hosting migration: Depending on your level of access to the server there are different methods. One of the methods has been listed by the members right above me.

If however you have access to WHM, you can do a cpanel account transfer from your WHM interface providing the domain, username and password of the domain.
Depending on firewall settings on both servers this should be a painless process without you needing to download or upload anything.
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by lagoshost(m): 10:29am On Apr 26, 2011
All of the above are very very very correct, do that and lets us know how far!
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by schneid: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2011
thanks YOU ALL,I hope the methods alighted will DO for the EMAILS?i will do that as soon as the current web guy releases the domain and cpanel access. You know in this business, when a clients wants to shift ground, the current web developer is not always willing to let go.
rgds
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by DualCore1: 6:56am On Apr 27, 2011
^^ not when its a client from hell grin
Most are
Re: Help- Email Backup From One Hosting To Another by schneid: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2011
thanks Dual. Keep u guys posted

(1) (Reply)

Which Is More Productive: Facebook Like Or Facebook Share? / Designing A Mobile Site / www.ololufe.com- back and better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.