Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Making A Choice Between Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Making A Choice Between Jobs (249 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Habiba Is Committed To Making A Difference In Nigeria By Serving. She / Opinion: Why Unemployment Is A Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making A Choice Between Jobs by Dbarrzx: 11:26am On May 07, 2021
My Colleague, works currently with a company based in Sango Ota, Ogun State, and He earns a gross pay of 165k per month. He got his current job last year July and was confirmed within six month, after probation. Fast-forward, He got a new offer from a Company based in Oshodi-Isolo, Lagos state, with a starting offer of 200k and to be reviewed to 220k after confirmation in six month.

He is thinking of the associated cost with Lagos life. He has a family and His wife has a mini shop in Sango Ota, where She sells items. The traffic situation is very bad and the idea of going from Sango everyday to Isolo will be too strenuous and may have adverse effect on his life. Getting accommodation in Lagos close to Isolo, is costly and compares to what he pays currently as rent(150k/yr).[i][/i]

He is confused, either to pick up the new offer(with the hope of better connections in Lagos but with higher cost of living) OR continue with his current job with lesser cost of living. He need your genuine advice.

Note: Both jobs are in the same level of appointment (Account Executive) and are Asian establishment.

1 Like

Re: Making A Choice Between Jobs by PoliteActivist: 4:07am On Nov 22, 2023
Nairaland people sef. Not a single person replied to this reasonable and eloquent request for advice!
Re: Making A Choice Between Jobs by Meerahbel: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Nairaland people sef. Not a single person replied to this reasonable and eloquent request for advice!
Why didn't you advice him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exciting Job Opportunities In Lagos! / Sales Executive / Israel-gaza: What The Law Says About Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.