Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin (352 Views)

The Easiest Way To Become A Software Developer: How To Get Your First Programmin / Learn Spamming To The Core / Image Comparison Programmin In C++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin by THEPOTTER(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2021
I am currently in a Federal University in Nigeria studying Mass communication. I've little or no background in Mathematics or every other science related course.
Can I learn programming effectively like every other professionals?
Re: Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin by stanliwise(m): 3:44pm On May 07, 2021
THEPOTTER:
I am currently in a Federal University in Nigeria studying Mass communication. I've little or no background in Mathematics or every other science related course.
just start learning when the time comes you will cross over it.
There are a lot of maths in programming but not how you think of it.
For example web development don’t have a lot of mathematics.
But when you come to robotics, ai, game dev.
Research app development then the maths is something you can’t escape.
Meanwhile you can always learn maths while you program. It’s ain’t so difficult.
Resources are everywhere this days
Re: Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin by progress19: 5:04pm On May 07, 2021
Dats a good one bro

1 Like

Re: Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin by etoluw: 12:34pm On May 08, 2021
THEPOTTER:

Unfortunately you have to love maths to be good at programming.

It is not that you deal with maths directly most times but programming and maths have a lot in common.

So if you are not good in maths you'll definitely struggle with learning programming.
Re: Help! Do I Need A Background In Sciences To Learn The Core Aspects Of Programmin by spartan117(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2021
etoluw:

Unfortunately you have to love maths to be good at programming.

It is not that you deal with maths directly most times but programming and maths have a lot in common.

So if you are not good in maths you'll definitely struggle with learning programming.
Not true.

You don't need to be very good in maths to succeed in most programming fields. Basic arithmetic will suffice.

I know of many programmers from the arts and social science disciplines who are making it.

(1) (Reply)

Paid Python Programming Help / I'm New To Programming And I Need Help / SQL Database With Only HTML5 And Javascript (jquery) - Complete Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.