Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

See What My Landlord Did To Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See What My Landlord Did To Me (186 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What My Landlord Did To Me by Ourlives: 7:19pm On May 08, 2021
I paid and moved into a house on Aug 2019, in July 2020 my landlord came to me to say my rent has expired I said no it is due in Aug he said no it is Aug to July. I ignored him. The next month being Aug I went to him with 200k pleading I could not raise the complete 350k but will make it up in Feb 2021. He said he does not want part payment, but after some seconds he said okay go and pay.

In Oct this man came to knock my door I should complete my rent, I pleaded with him. Three weeks after he came again and it became a ritual to the point he started involving other people saying to bear him witness. In Dec he called two of my neighbors again stressing that he want his money before he travel for xmas. At this point I was really irritated I told him I do not understand what all the drama for, its not like am owing him, the 200k I paid is to expire in March 2021, if he wasn't going to be patient till Feb for me to pay the remaining 150k why then did he collect my money. He said I was rude and insulting.

He traveled for Xmas, I called him to wish him happy new year and still pleaded with him to calm down. One week after he called inquiring if am ready for him I said no till Feb. At this juncture I became fed up with the whole thing and decided to move from the house so in Feb when he came again I told him am not paying because I want to pack out, when the one I paid elapse in march
Re: See What My Landlord Did To Me by Omihanifa: 7:21pm On May 08, 2021
Just find another house
Re: See What My Landlord Did To Me by hisgrace090: 7:30pm On May 08, 2021
Dealing with an extreem self centered fellow, be careful.
Re: See What My Landlord Did To Me by IjapaTiroko: 8:06pm On May 08, 2021
You're yearly tenant, and should renew by your full rent every year.
Since your landlord decided to not uphold this part of the law, he's the only person I can blame here.

Kindly move out of his house
Re: See What My Landlord Did To Me by Ourlives: 8:38pm On May 08, 2021
IjapaTiroko:
You're yearly tenant, and should renew by your full rent every year.
Since your landlord decided to not uphold this part of the law, he's the only person I can blame here.

Kindly move out of his house
I am not fighting to be in his house
I want to move but he is not giving Me time to do so
Re: See What My Landlord Did To Me by IjapaTiroko: 9:37pm On May 08, 2021
Ourlives:

I am not fighting to be in his house
I want to move but he is not giving Me time to do so
I don't know about other states though, but if you are living in Lagos, you have to pay him ahead for the months you need him to give you time for because you are STILL occupying his space.

This is business Bro, not charity or government organisation.

(1) (Reply)

5 Facts About Hofesh Homes Limited / 6 Units 3 Bedroom Flat In Owerri North / Contemporary Four Bedroom House For Sale In Ajah Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.