Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

A Friend Just Got Kidnapped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friend Just Got Kidnapped (2701 Views)

My Friend Just Joined A Confraternity / My Landlord Got Kidnapped / My Mom Almost Got Kidnapped Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 12:38pm On May 10, 2021
Am actually in my HND 1 in one of the most popular poly in lagos state, bout a few weeks ago I met this girl at the school gate, when I was trying to get a bike to my hostel, wasn't a love at first sight thing, but trust me I was kinda into her, walked up to her and engaged her in a convo, she flow with me really good, we were cool since then, but I have been avoiding her lately, noticing she's trying to turn me to her billing machine, she called me on Thursday if she should come my side after afternoon lecture, but I told her I'm not around, tho i was, but I'm just trying to avoid her. Fast forward to this afternoon an unknown number pop up on my screen, picking up the phone, this girl happen to be the caller, seriously crying on her phone that she enter once chance vehicle when she was going to her sister place at Ikotun for the weekend..

And they're demanding 100k and her mum have been able to raised 50k, that the woman's so helpless this moment. I told her to please calm, that I'll try to see if I can raise part of it, Her abductors too were threatening on phone they're going to kill her if their target are not meet on time, I don't even know any of the girl family, but from what she told me couple weeks into us been friend, her mum is just struggling to see her through school, her dad is late.. This matter pass me.

Am worried if the girl is trying to play games, but at the same time what if she's actually bn real bout all this. Right now, I'm not even in the school, and am waiting for the eid holiday to end before going back, I know one of her friend but I don't have her num or even know her Dept.

Am so confused right now.
Below is the number they've bn using to contact me 09073336568, 09046239221

Help save a soul please...

Modified: turn out the story get to be real, I went to the school DSA as of 8am this morning to launch a complaint as advise by my friends, I was told to write a statement, which I get to detailed everything, fortunately we were able to reach out to the girl mother, and was able to get a better narrative from her, she said she was actually kidnapped at oshodi. And she's even speaking from the police station as of the time of the call, she told the CSO she was referred to oshodi police station, and they even refered her back to another station.

They've already made a payment of 70k, and the people are still demanding for more..

But the most worrisome part of this case is the non challant attitude of the nigeria police, they're even the on asking the old woman to do the remaining transfer. I was like what stop them from tracing those numbers her abductors are reaching us with?

The only thing nigeria police are good with is to stay on high way searching for preys to feed on..

Well I told the girl mother to send her account number already, I'll help in the little way I can..
I just pity the old woman, for the kind of situation those people put her..

And thanks to my school security, they're really working on this, I have been here with them since morning.

And for those telling me am making up stories to defraud nairalanders..
I'll be uploading a few pictures,I hope that will cleared your doubts, I also have a record of our conversations with the supposed abductors.

But again am feeling so guilty right now, when the girl called yesterday, I told her to give the phone to her abductors, I was telling those people to please feed her golden more and cornflakes, judging from the comments I get from most of ya'all. I concluded already the whole thing is a joke, I just dey imagine the kind beating I go don cause the girl with my stupid talk.

Since it's a one chance bus, I'm quite certain she's not the only one bn kidnapped, definitely more people are with her, I'm sure it's those victims numbers they'er using to contact their relatives.
Don't mind my typo please, am standing typing all this as of now.

Please ya'll watch the kind of vehicles una go dey board oh..
Nigeria have failed us all.

Help me say a prayer for her, I will keep updating the thread.

Below are the statements I wrote at the school DSA building this morning. Am already going to class now.

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 12:41pm On May 10, 2021
Please I'll appreciate if this can be moved to FP, so I can get quick intervention, have reached out to the police on Social media through their handle but nah God know when dem go reply.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Built2last: 12:45pm On May 10, 2021
It's a dicey one because she could be acting a script. the flip side is that it could be real.

However, kidnappers in Naija have upgraded. 100k is not even enough for their weed. No kidnapper will go through that stress to ask you for 100k, have you not head of all the billions and millions we read online.

I think she has a financial issue and gathered a few of her friends to play a fast one on you. since she knows you are into her.

Find her friend, that will give you a clue.

For now face your studies. You are in school to study not to chase woman, always remember that.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by pyyxxaro: 12:50pm On May 10, 2021
Hmmmm hmmmm
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Mynd44: 12:52pm On May 10, 2021
Call the police

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2021
Built2last:
It's a dicey one because she could be acting a script. the flip side is that it could be real.

However, kidnappers in Naija have upgraded. 100k is not even enough for their weed. No kidnapper will go through that stress to ask you for 100k, have you not head of all the billions and millions we read online.

I think she has a financial issue and gathered a few of her friends to play a fast one on you. since she knows you are into her.

Find her friend, that will give you a clue.

For now face your studies. You are in school to study not to chase woman, always remember that.
I really hope she's playing prank, because my mind is not settled right now, am so confused. Thanks for your contribution, I really appreciate.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2021
Mynd44:
Call the police
I have reached out to them.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Righteousness2(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2021
Simply Involve the police.
Looks funny and cunny!
But to be a good guy! Involve the police especially the ones that have the gadgets to track numbers.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by madridguy(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2021
Alert the Nigeria Police.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by madridguy(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2021
What about Sheikh Gumi grin

Emerald04:
I have reached out to them.

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2021
Righteousness2:
Simply Involve the police.
Looks funny!
But to be a good guy! Involve the police especially the ones that have the gadgets to track numbers.
maybe it looks so funny but am really so worried right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by chatinent: 1:18pm On May 10, 2021
Which kidnapper dey demand ₦100k for this regime...

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by UDUJ(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2021
Emerald04:
Am actually in my HND 1 in one of the most popular poly in lagos state, bout a few weeks ago I met this girl at the school gate, when I was trying to get a bike to my hostel, wasn't a love at first sight thing, but trust me I was kinda into her, walked up to her and engaged her in a convo, she flow with me really good, we were cool since then, but I have been avoiding her lately, noticing she's trying to turn me to her billing machine, she called me on Thursday if she should come my side after afternoon lecture, but I told her I'm not around, tho i was, but I'm just trying to avoid her. Fast forward to this afternoon an unknown number pop up on my screen, picking up the phone, this girl happen to be the caller, seriously crying on her phone that she enter once chance vehicle when she was going to her sister place at Ikotun for the weekend..

And they're demanding 100k and her mum have been able to raised 50k, that the woman's so helpless this moment. I told her to please calm, that I'll try to see if I can raise part of it, Her abductors too were threatening on phone they're going to kill her if their target are not meet on time, I don't even know any of the girl family, but from what she told me couple weeks into us been friend, her mum is just struggling to see her through school, her dad is late.. This matter pass me.

Am worried if the girl is trying to play games, but at the same time what if she's actually bn real bout all this. Right now, I'm not even in the school, and am waiting for the eid holiday to end before going back, I know one of her friend but I don't have her num or even know her Dept.

Am so confused right now.
Below is the number they've bn using to contact me 09073336568, 09046239221

Help save a soul please...

It looks like a scam.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by kingthreat(m): 1:28pm On May 10, 2021
You said she wants to turn you into a billing machine. Days after she calls you that she has been kidnapped and they want 100k. Her mum has raised 50k so you should raise the rest.

Oga na scam. She wan gba you.

1. She already has that tendency to do such
2. Kidnappers wont demand for 100k. They raise the amount high before beating it down lower.
3. If you were a woman and were to be kidnapped, will you call your toaster?

Let her know you have an uncle in the DSS who can negotiate the ransom and he is interested in the case. That the person will call them soon.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 1:36pm On May 10, 2021
chatinent:
me sef tire dey reason am oh bro
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 1:47pm On May 10, 2021
UDUJ:

It looks like a scam.
alright bro, thank you.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2021
kingthreat:
You said she wants to turn you into a billing machine. Days after she calls you that she has been kidnapped and they want 100k. Her mum has raised 50k so you should raise the rest.

Oga na scam. She wan gba you.

1. She already has that tendency to do such
2. Kidnappers wont demand for 100k. They raise the amount high before beating it down lower.
3. If you were a woman and were to be kidnapped, will you call your toaster?

Let her know you have an uncle in the DSS who can negotiate the ransom and he is interested in the case. That the person will call them soon.
alright bro will do exactly like you've said..

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by UDUJ(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2021
Emerald04:
alright bro, thank you.

Cool. Please don't fall prey to a leech. That's what they do when they've tried all means to get money from you and fail. I have seen it happen so many times. Cheers.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by RisenJoe(m): 1:50pm On May 10, 2021
madridguy:
What about Sheikh Gumi grin

He no get branch for this side, abi he don open a new branch?? grin
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Lalami3232(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2021
The only thing I can offer to her is advise and prayer. Now this is my prayer for her "God, if truly this geh was kidnapped, may she return safely and unhurt".
Now this is my advise to you bro "Egungun be careful cus na ************ you dey go"
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by RisenJoe(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2021
I think if you had asked her to come that she would still play this game on you,,,,
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by 27Pushing30: 1:56pm On May 10, 2021
if it is true and you did not involve your parents (YOUR OWN PARENTS) and the police oga em go rope you in as kidnapper.

If it isn't true then em go rope am as false claimant.

BUT why tha Bleep will she call you... sha learn to not toast any girl you see the first time, especially on campus.

End of story.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by gulfer: 2:41pm On May 10, 2021
I can only say this is a FORMAT either by the girl trying to scam @OP or by the two of them trying to scam Nairalanders angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Twelfthman: 3:05pm On May 10, 2021
Take a deep breath man.
Relax...
She is probably sharing a drink and laughing with her would-be abductors right now.

If you involve the police she just might get burnt. So when next they call you tell them you about to inform police or DSS and watch their reaction.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Pim1: 3:14pm On May 10, 2021
Scam
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by epkereamaka60858: 3:56pm On May 10, 2021
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by funmi37: 3:59pm On May 10, 2021
This looks like a SCAM

shocked
Meanwhile see this

https://youtu.be/OMlOeBeqJyg
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by mii4u(f): 6:43pm On May 10, 2021
Mynd44:
Call the police
Dat cld be dangerous
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2021
Hello, base on all the responses I got from here I concluded in mind this is a joke, and decided not to bother bout it, so I switced off my phone, on getting it on now, another call just came in right now, I picked it up even laughing it off with my friends, I told the girl to give the phone to her abductors, from the look of things, this seem really real. The girl sound so down.

Am so confused right now, is it advisable for me to go to the station alone to report this, I have a record of our convo on my phone, please this seems real, am actually in ikorodu right now...

Nairalanders please help a bro, I don't think this girl is playing prank on me..

This is the num they used in calling me now, they've switched off the other one 09014216252
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2021
Mynd44:
Call the police
Bro please help me oh
Nah student I just be, never bn in a situation like this before...

I record the convo the last time they called..
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 10, 2021
Emerald04:
Hello, base on all the responses I got from here I concluded in mind this is a joke, and decided not to bother bout it, so I switced off my phone, on getting it on now, another call just came in right now, I picked it up even laughing it off with my friends, I told the girl to give the phone to her abductors, from the look of things, this seem really real. The girl sound so down.

Am so confused right now, is it advisable for me to go to the station alone to report this, I have a record of our convo on my phone, please this seems real, am actually in ikorodu right now...

Nairalanders please help a bro, I don't think this girl is playing prank on me..

This is the num they used in calling me now, they've switched off the other one 09014216252

Report to the police if you think its real and stop disturbing us. What do you want from mairalanders, money or what? Smells like a scam and it seems you are a part of it.
Re: A Friend Just Got Kidnapped by Emerald04(m): 7:32pm On May 10, 2021
mjj2020:

Report to the police if you think its real and stop disturbing us. What do you want from mairalanders, money or what? Smells like a scam and it seems you are a part of it.
i'll keep updating the thread, I planned to go to the school tomorrow and let the HOD of her department knows about the situation.
I will also report to the school DSS.
I kindof wish I could update the thread with my voice recording I did with the girl and her supposed kidnappers.

Thanks to ya'll for your contribution. I really appreciate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Killed For Stealing Necklace [pic] / Join Now! Fight For Justice&freedom (#southafricansfreeforeignersnow!) / WICKED!! What A Step Mother Did To A 2 Years Old Child (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.