Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? (18118 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Temidayo1979: 1:04pm On May 17, 2021
[quote author=dopedealer post=101772610]Like I was saying , a Federal job affords you job security , steady salary as at when due , growth and rise in grade level,work shops and conferences , gratuity, assured pension after retirement to mention a few advantages . . Infact if you eventually rise to a certain level of director and above if age does not catch up with you , my brother you already chopping your share of the national cake.
in conclusion , FG w

What do you know about fed govt work. Gratuity has been scrapped na only contributive pension scheme dey available. Entry lev6 means he will not be able to use his bsc to upgrade but has to go for another degree. Not every immigration officer is lucky to be posted to airport or border. Some are just at a remote areas where dey will see anything apart from salary
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by peterjero(m): 1:05pm On May 17, 2021
Bank job anyday anytime ,makes you smarter and richer . The information and wealth of experience you get in the banking sector is second to none , when you work in the civil service the advantage you have is corruption, absenteeism and docility. You become wicked as a civil servant because you always want to be bribed for everything. I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by akanbiaa(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Are you serious?! What do you mean by 'replacement'? But by the look of things, I think I applied as a fresh recruit.
Replacement is usually done with internal adverts or no adverts and used to replace people that died in active service and people who resigned so it's just going to be like you are continuing from when those people stopped and you will get salaries immediately by month's end but fresh recruitment in most federal Jobs you have to wait for 6 to 12 months before you start getting salaries you might be paid more than one month salary sometimes or just one month but they will settle that one year salary before another year clocks.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by AntiWailer: 1:26pm On May 17, 2021
bluefilm:

What exactly is this growth you guys are talking about?

Does it mean that you will learn how to start your own bank after working for some years in the bank?

Yes.

or have you not seen digital banks around ? flutter wave co founders, Kuda bank co founder went through the banking system to understand a lot.

leaving ur sarcasm aside, you will live a better life than FG workers down the line with a steady growth in banking.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by shollyshine(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2021
Same here!!!! I also needed an advice my own level of entry is SSCE although I have my degree (B.sc) currently working in a factory then I received this Fed govt offer.dont know if it's going to worth it leaving my present job for the offer considering it's a low level officer.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by MrEnigma(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Well, i can say I'm 80% sure I'd get the job after the screening exercise. My credentials are all intact, I'm sure I did pretty well with the CBT exam. Last time I carried out a medical test, I was certified OK and fit.

You need to be 100% certain you'd get the job. 80% is not certain. If there is no guarantee you'd get the FG job, stay where you are. No need risking it just to lose both. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by ejimatic: 2:15pm On May 17, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

I want to hold on to the bank job but the issue is how I can present it to my team leader that I want to take leave barely two weeks into my new job.
What do you suggest I do?
. You are a contact. staff with your question.Is he a man or a lady?
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by lordally(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2021
paulolee:
na federal sure pass if the work don click be that o..even my bros akin wey de preach entrepreneur gimme all day for online n offline saying he cant work for any man, he cant subject himself to a 7-5 suffer n he is prepared to improve himself as an entrepreneur..
just last week wey I go see our senior man for street wey bin work for corporate affairs commission but he don retire, as i visit the alhaji based on sallah tinz, i see bros akin for ground dey dobale with e file for hand say male the man help am find slot, say even if na outside lagos he go work am..
fear who no fear this buhary regime..

Guy laugh don paralyze me for here ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by chlowi(f): 2:44pm On May 17, 2021
It depends on how well you strive towards your goal . Both can actually get you where you want to go . They both have the essentials to make you rich if you play the right card.

If you are someone who is business inclined and would like to build something on the side while you are currently working .. GOVT Job it is ....

Otherwise , if you like the strict career path, bank job it is ....

I'd go for the federal job tho
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Akpos8819: 3:31pm On May 17, 2021
It's a Fed job. That your 80% isn't enough. F**k the medical fitness test when it comes to the military or paramilitary institutions. It's about man-know-man kind of something. You only get the job when God is on your side and not about your fitness/exam score. I have been there before and I felt same until I was disappointed.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by sulorog(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

I just started the job. There's no way I can go AWOL. I'll be seriously queried or worse, fired.

I don't know how many days the screening exercise will take. If it's a day or two, I guess I can spin out something.

Guy, stick to your bank job expect your want to take a risk. You are going for screening not interview and u don't have Longleg to help u after the screening. If u know u can risk it and anything happens and you are not taking , I hope it will not pain u if u lost the bank job. Use your head wisely. All the best!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by sulorog(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2021
Akpos8819:
It's a Fed job. That your 80% isn't enough. F**k the medical fitness test when it comes to the military or paramilitary institutions. It's about man-know-man kind of something. You only get the job when God is on your side and not about your fitness/exam score. I have been there before and I felt same until I was disappointed.

God will bless u for your word.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by eagleeye2: 3:58pm On May 17, 2021
Do your due diligence. If you are very sure of the immigration job is sure you, i will advise you go for it.
NarnieAceTech:

I can't ask for leave. I need to know how many days the exercise will take, so I can determine my next line of action.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by tukurmubarak(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

I just started the job. There's no way I can go AWOL. I'll be seriously queried or worse, fired.

I don't know how many days the screening exercise will take. If it's a day or two, I guess I can spin out something.

Screening is about two days
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 17, 2021
Just forget about your Bsc when you start your federal job...you will have to undertake another degree for you to be converted to a senior staff or promoted. Just go for the federal job with an open mind, if not..you will be frustrated cus conversion in civil service no be here.
Wish you luck.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 17, 2021
Achizzy7:
Good day friends....
if ur employment letter reads 688,000
per annum....dat it to say 688,000/12
which is = 57k....

my question is....
is dat 57k ur basic salary or will der
b any additions to it??

note: the job is federal civil service
commission

Your basic might be 50 after ippis deductions.

thanks as i await ur response!!
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 17, 2021
Achizzy7:
Good day friends....
if ur employment letter reads 688,000
per annum....dat it to say 688,000/12
which is = 57k....

my question is....
is dat 57k ur basic salary or will der
b any additions to it??

note: the job is federal civil service
commission

thanks as i await ur response!!

Your basic might be 50 after ippis deductions
Basic and other allowances are in the 57K.

1 Like

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Simplythebest: 5:39pm On May 17, 2021
Please take excuse and go for the federal government own. Cus u working in a bank and ur salary is 100k less that means u are a contract staff and for u to have salary increment it may take 3 years and which is extra 10k. Some people work in a bank for 8 years as a contract staff and at the end they ask them to go. Pls try the federal government own cus it will give u more time and u go do other things. Am talking from experience concerning the bank job. All the best
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by NarnieAceTech: 5:52pm On May 17, 2021
Simplythebest:
Please take excuse and go for the federal government own. Cus u working in a bank and ur salary is 100k less that means u are a contract staff and for u to have salary increment it may take 3 years and which is extra 10k. Some people work in a bank for 8 years as a contract staff and at the end they ask them to go. Pls try the federal government own cus it will give u more time and u go do other things. Am talking from experience concerning the bank job. All the best

How can I take excuse when I haven't even spent up to two weeks on the job. It will only say how unserious I am. As regards time, my department will give me enough time to run side businesses and do other things. I won't have to run the usual 9-5, monday-friday.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by NarnieAceTech: 5:59pm On May 17, 2021
tukurmubarak:

Screening is about two days

Two days? Like let's say I do it the first day, I'd have to come back the following day or maybe because my name may fall on the second day?
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by ofiko123(m): 6:00pm On May 17, 2021
FG job is what I can think of for now.. banking job has their disadvantages and hazard.. Cases of Armed robbery and theft are very rampant.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2021
Skyfornia:
Bros go for the screening exercise...even senior bank officials dey apply for federal job...
Are you sure?
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2021
obasi101:
Federal job abeg, which one is Bank job.. tcheeeww. All dis bankers that ll work their A$$ off for meager salaries.. lol. They ll be looking smart and agile behind the counters with their starched shirts and suits, but meanwhile, their actual account balances are looking Like a third class result GPA grin grin
grin grin
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by solasalako(m): 6:58pm On May 17, 2021
Federal Job is ok. But have it at the back of your mind that, it is more easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of the needle than you getting any upgrade to your expected rank due to your qualification (Although with God's grace and who know who, some lucky ones do get easy upgrade). And note: are you willing to be a guard duty officer (gate man stuff), office assistant (messenger), station writer and if on enforcement duties, At the back of patrol pick-up vans.. Note: Not all Federal workers are fulfilled. As someone has suggested, go for the screening first.. But a bird (your bank job) is better than 100 in the bush.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by solasalako(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2021
ofiko123:
FG job is what I can think of for now.. banking job has their disadvantages and hazard.. Cases of Armed robbery and theft are very rampant.

NIS job hazards if on enforcement duties are more than that of banks.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2021
stanley000:
are you really asking this? federal jobs anyday anytime. private job is nonsense, no job security, they make you work your ass off like you are a machine. immagine after compleating my probation at one useless coy like that the imbesile looking boss handed me the employement letter, u need to see the clause they wanted me to sign

- that i can be fired anytime anyday with or without cause without any pay whatsover
-that i can be suspended whenever the company deemed with or without cause
- no single benefits, not even transport.

i tore the letter and threw it to his face, i'm a benin boy him know say i go beat am on credit join.

blacks are wicked i swear
HHahaaha are you sure my friend you make me laugh seriously grin
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2021
eluquenson:
federal govt even with a meagre salary
Why are people saying this
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:16pm On May 17, 2021
akanaba01:
If u know what is good for u, take a federal govt job and grow on d job.bank can frustrate u anytime. U can only work in a bank when u don't have another option.am telling u out of experience.use ur head!!!
You people are confusing us some people are saying we should not take government jobs others are saying otherwise
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Simplythebest: 8:35pm On May 17, 2021
Oga it depends on ur supervisor find a good excuse to give the person am telling u no matter how ur department is no time for bank job even sometimes u will work on weekends. No department gives u spare times. I work in a bank infact have work in different units and operations. Have work in branch and head office. Federal government job is more better cus u will have enough time. I have a guy that work with Federal Government he is on exam leave now for 2 years and they will be paying him and he only report to work when they have serious something to do in abuja and his office is in lagos. Bro bank job of 100k salary is a contract staff. No growth in the bank as a contract staff. Just be wise and don't miss the opportunity
NarnieAceTech:

How can I take excuse when I haven't even spent up to two weeks on the job. It will only say how unserious I am. As regards time, my department will give me enough time to run side businesses and do other things. I won't have to run the usual 9-5, monday-friday.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2021
akanbiaa:
Federal job last selection process is not determined by all that, hold on to your bank job and after getting APPOINTMENT letter and DEPLOYMENT LETTER you can move to the federal job if it's replacement you will get salary at the end of the month if it is fresh recruitment you might have to wait till after 6 months or a year before you start getting salary after you have done capturing and you will wait till after 2 years before you are confirmed.
All this stress to get a salary
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:03pm On May 17, 2021
Ernesthugo:
DEPEND YOUR STATE LEFT TO ME 9JA FEDERAL JOBS THEM NO THEY PAY SALARY OOOOO INFACT YOUR FIRST 3 MONTH YOU MIGHT NOT EARN A DIME THEN YOU RELY ON FRAUD AND BRIBE.

Blood of Zachariah! How is someone going to put pay his bills
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Ernesthugo(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Blood of Zachariah! How is someone going to put pay his bills
fraud that what u rely on.

It is not like the 3 month is free but they would save it for you and then pay all at once the 4th month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi Named “Commonwealth Young Person Of The Year” / Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.