Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? (581 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Shutup1st(f): 6:48pm On May 16, 2021
I knows this will look odds to some, but am indeed guilty of how to become be a soldier. Am willing to serve mother nation.
Am a young man in my mid-20s, I think have known little about myself, it's my dream to become a soldier,
Pls Retired Nations Father how do I go about this,
HOW??
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by sweetshisha: 7:09pm On May 16, 2021
Visit Nigerian Army website and click the career section
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by lilvicky68(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2021
Chai..
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Ejike07: 7:13pm On May 16, 2021
haha ok oh! WYSIWYG that's NA for you
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Manny21: 7:14pm On May 16, 2021
"Millitry ke?
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Shutup1st(f): 7:38pm On May 16, 2021
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Madawaki01(m): 1:02am On May 17, 2021
Depends on your qualifications
If you have Olevel certificate,you can apply for NDA where you train for 5 years and get commissioned as an officer in the Nigerian army,Navy or Airforce.
Nda is like a university.
Meanwhile,if you have tour degree already and you have served.
You can apply for Army short service commission,you train for 9 months and thereafter be commissioned as an officer..
Same applies to navy and airforce.
If you dont want the stress of going to a university or nda,you can actually join as a non commissioned officer with only your Olevel result.
You apply and train for 6months at Nigeria Army depot,Zaria..
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by HitlerGaddafi: 10:23am On May 17, 2021
Shutup1st:
I knows this will look odds to some, but am indeed guilty of how to become be a soldier. Am willing to serve mother nation.
Am a young man in my mid-20s, I think have known little about myself, it's my dream to become a soldier,
Pls Retired Nations Father how do I go about this,
HOW??
I'll list them according to the prestige and good career prospects.

1. NDA ---SSCE you train for 5 years and becoming a 2nd lieutenant

2. SSC (short service commisoning) you need a degree. After training, you'll be commisoned as a 2nd lieutenant but promotion is very slow in this cadre . Infact you're equivalent to a termal 3 NDA cadet upon your commisoning.

3. DSSC ( Direct short service commisoning) you also need a degree but you can never be a combatant officer (infantry /artillery etc). They are usually in the corps like education, engineering, medical, finance etc. NDA and SSC guys don't even see them as soldiers coz they don't even carry guns but things have changed these days. DSSC guys are now drafted to the north east to compensate the SSC and NDA (RC) peeps.

4. RRI (regular recruit intake) these are the korofos you see around easily. All you need is your waec certificate. The are usually non commisoned officers and grouped into trades men and non trades men. Tradesmen are usually in signals, carpentry, tailoring , cooking, and thousands more. Non- tradesmen are the opposite, they are usually in the infantry and artillery
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Nobody: 10:30am On May 17, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

I'll list them according to the prestige and good career prospects.

1. NDA ---SSCE you train for 5 years and becoming a 2nd lieutenant

2. SSC (short service commisoning) you need a degree. After training, you'll be commisoned as a 2nd lieutenant but promotion is very slow in this cadre . Infact you're equivalent to a termal 3 NDA cadet upon your commisoning.

3. DSSC ( Direct short service commisoning) you also need a degree but you can never be a combatant officer (infantry /artillery etc). They are usually in the corps like education, engineering, medical, finance etc. NDA and SSC guys don't even see them as soldiers coz they don't even carry guns but things have changed these days. DSSC guys are now drafted to the north east to compensate the SSC and NDA (RC) peeps.

4. RRI (regular recruit intake) these are the korofos you see around easily. All you need is your waec certificate. The are usually non commisoned officers and grouped into trades men and non trades men. Tradesmen are usually in signals, carpentry, tailoring , cooking, and thousands more. Non- tradesmen are the opposite, they are usually in the infantry and artillery
I have a bsc, pls which of these cadre will you advice me to go for?
Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by HitlerGaddafi: 10:49am On May 17, 2021
Japhet04:
I have a bsc, pls which of these cadre will you advice me to go for?
I can't decide for you. But if you don't have the will, guts and mind, you can go for DSSC

1 Like

Re: Pls House How Can I Join Millatry ? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 17, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

I can't decide for you. But if you don't have the will, guts and mind, you can go for DSSC
okay, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Emmanuel Is Currently Serving NYSC In Abia State [ SEE PHOTOS] / How To Make KDP Paperback Cover Design In Canva / I Want To Buy The Lagos Batch C 2013/2014 Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.