Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Real Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Real Miracles (510 Views)

How Can You Differentiate Real Miracles From Magic:know Real Vs Fake Pastors? / Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? / Real Miracles Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Miracles by mabell: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2011
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father (John 14:12).

Some people have asked how come we don’t see in our day the manifestation of mighty works and miracles as witnessed in the Old Testament. “How come we don’t see such acts as the Red Sea splitting open, and the sun standing still?” they ask. First of all, these things still happen, but they happen only when necessary. Splitting the Red Sea had to do with God bringing the children of Israel out of Egypt into the Promised Land. After Moses performed this mighty miracle, Joshua, Elijah, and Elisha also did at different times.

When Jesus came however, He did something higher than all what those previous prophets did. Instead of splitting the water, He walked on it (Matthew 14:25). That’s a greater miracle and it’s in the New Testament. The others split the water, because they never conceived the possibility of walking on water, but God was taking His children one step at a time.

For Philip, it was much better because he didn’t even have to walk on water; he was carried by the Spirit from where he was to where he needed to be: “And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea” (Acts 8:39-40). If you study the progression carefully, you’ll discover that we actually have greater miracles today than they had back then.

Comparing yesterday’s miracles with today’s miracles is like comparing yesterdays cars with today’s cars; the difference is clear. The Bible tells us how Jesus healed certain people without necessarily meeting them. He healed the centurion’s servant who wasn’t within proximity. Today, we transmit some of our outreach meetings live via satellite and the internet, and it’s glorious to see how in a single meeting, people in different parts of the world receive miracles simultaneously. These are today’s miracles.

Understand that we’re the ones at the last lap of the relay; the generation that will see the rapture of the Church. Therefore, we should expect to experience a greater move of the Spirit like never before in our day. We’re going to thoroughly shake this world for Christ, and after then, the rapture will take place. So expect greater miracles in our day!
Re: Real Miracles by EarsWide(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2011
@Mabell

There are indeed real miracles - but Oyaks, Oyede4planes, Ashimodollar and co are 419 frauds.
Re: Real Miracles by mabell: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
what have they stolen from you
pls don't derail this thread
Re: Real Miracles by EarsWide(m): 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Mabell

They have not stolen from me but they have stolen from millions of vulnerable people.
Re: Real Miracles by mabell: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2011
Mr Ea[b]E[/b]rs[b]F[/b]wi C[/b]de[b]C,
who are these vunerable people, your likes you mean
you really are looking for supporters club
sorry, not here, go elsewhere

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Ademola In The House: / Five Ways God Speaks To Us: Hearing The Voice Of God In Our Daily Lives / BBC On The Vatican....A Must Watch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.