Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Warning: No Plan Is Perfect, Stop Looking For One - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Warning: No Plan Is Perfect, Stop Looking For One (127 Views)

The Girl Dad Shirt Is Perfect For Dads Of Girls / 'ASUU On Strike' Warning At University Of Benin Main Gate (Photos) / FG Says "No Plan To Hike Tuition Fees" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning: No Plan Is Perfect, Stop Looking For One by ibuks12(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2021
It is said that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. What about spending time looking for a perfect plan? 

Unfortunately, most people don't understand that planning doesn't require much time and energy.

They believe so much in spending lengthy period thinking of the best ways to start a project or mission.

They want to derive a great strategy on how to get things done in a quick, easy and perfect way.

Instead of taking the first step and trying to follow up as things unfold, they love wasting  their time thinking of the best way to improve what they haven’t started.

At the end, they end up doing nothing or starting a project that ought to have been completed.

This is not to discourage you from having a good plan of how to venture into any business or task.

I want you to be cautious of the days you spend thinking of a perfect strategy, which doesn't even exist. 

What most people fail to understand is that there is no perfect plan because nature has a way of making things happen its own way. 

Instead of taking forever to come up with your beautiful and perfect plan, take a step and see how things unfold.

The turn of events will determine your reaction and your next decision.

How Long Do I Need To Plan Before Taking A Step?

My answer to this question my sound controversial and I don't think everyone would love it.

Nonetheless, it will go a long way to prevent you from consuming much time planning how to begin a task.

Considering my experience and lessons learnt  from others, planning shouldn’t take more than three weeks.

During this period, all you should think is how to have a very strong starting point. 

This will go a long way in deciding your success rate.

Your enthusiasm and determination at the beginning of any project determines if it will work or not.

Do not think of how to develop a business you haven’t started.

Do not think of how to complete a project you don't know where and how to start.

The Adverse Effects Of Over Planning

In case you don’t know, too much of planning has some side effects on our  overall well-being. 

1. It leads to stress

Over planning leads to stress as it requires lots of thinking; thereby stressing your brain.

The more you think, the more you worry about the future, which will eventually lead to stress.

2. It Leads To Distraction

Having a good plan is great and advisable. However, too much of planning will end up being a source of distraction.

This is because you are considering too many methods or ways to achieve your goals within the shortest period.

Conclusion

Just as mentioned above, planning is hugely important. Nonetheless, it shouldn’t take  much of your time.

Make it short and precise. Execute your plan and make the needed alteration as you continue to study how things turn out.

Avoid procrastination all in the name of planning – time waits for no man.

Meanwhile, you can check out five daily habits to get you highly motivated for better productivity. 

Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment box below.

Ibukun Italoye 
#CHC

Hope this help...

https://ibebit.com/five-daily-habits-to-get-you-highly-motivated

https://ibebit.com/warning-no-plan-is-perfect-stop-looking-for-one/

(1) (Reply)

Good Courses At Layette Multilingual Academy / Anomalies Being Perpetrated At Kabba College Of Education By Provost, Victoria J / Latest JAMB Exam Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.