Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

MTN Flash! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Flash! (14710 Views)

Teach Me How To Flash Phone / Flash Lite Or Flash Player For P1i Sony Ericsson / How Can I Detect Private Number When Some1 Use It To Flash Me.pls Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Flash! by whizkid(f): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2005
When MTN introduced MTN Flash- a value added service, I thought to myself, wow at last, MTN is doing something for free but I cannot really say that I have enjoyed service. I need someone to call me urgently, I am low on credit so, I send him/her an MTN flash but unfortunately the he/she does not get it until like one week later shocked. Sometimes you send someone an MTN flash and two weeks later the person gives you a call saying "yes you just flashed me".What is that?

What is/are the benefit(s) of this service? Is it just me or has anyone really enjoyed this MTN Flash service?
Re: MTN Flash! by Greatpeter(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2005
My man you are correct. It occurred to me. God will deliever of from MTN palaver. What a stingy coy. Somebody sent me an MTN flash and when I called him back he told me he had sent it 2weeks ago. I sent to someone too the person did not see it at all.
I don't even count the flash as free because they advertise their goods and services on your set in return. So what's new. I pray Virgin or Vodacom will come to Nigeria. I will dole out my MTN line. I had Glo b4 but I doled it out thesame thing will happen to MTN it's a matter of time.
Re: MTN Flash! by shockreaction(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2005
Vodacom or Vodafone? Because Vodacom came to Nigeria and left... Just wondering...
Re: MTN Flash! by Seun(m): 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2005
Vodacom (Virgin Group, Vodacom team up for Vmobile Nigeria?)

To use MTN Flash:
[list][li]Dial 133 followed by the number you wish to call (e.g. 1330803XXXXXXX)[/li]
[li]MTN will send a text message to that person with the content : Please call (Your phone number)[/li]
[li]You are allowed to send a maximum of 5 flash messages per day.[/li][/list]
The person will recieve a text message asking her to call your number.
Re: MTN Flash! by Greatpeter(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2005
Yes Seun we know that already. But what we are saying is that it does not get to the receiver untill a week or two later. It's not efficient.
Re: MTN Flash! by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2005
MTN flash to be fair with you all has become a useless and abused service. getting an MTN flash text on ones phone is now annoying whether it is one week late in arrival or not cos people now overuse/abuse it. it has outlived its usefullness. MTN should work on giving cutomers freebies like free text, free MMS and extra credit on recharging like glo and not a dumb schemes like MTN flash. Nigeria is a freebie nation "awoof dey run belle". at this rate Glo will over take them in months to come. i've since swithced to Glo. peace!
Re: MTN Flash! by Realpeter(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2005
You people are enjoying GSM in nig. and you are condemning one. Ok come over.
Re: MTN Flash! by mosiate(f): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2005
Realpeter:

You people are enjoying GSM in Nigeria. and you are condemning one. Ok come over.
realpeter, to where should we come over to?
MTN they money sucking they have thiefs.
Re: MTN Flash! by Vieira(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2005
mosiate, that is what i wanted to ask as well o!

come over to where?
Re: MTN Flash! by buddy(m): 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2005
People keep complaining about MTN but they keep their lines why? trae-z is the only one that has done something about the situation.
mean while what part of henworld is realpeter?
Re: MTN Flash! by mamba(m): 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2005
MTN flash could easily have been converted to free SMS like glo does because it also passes the same channel that normal SMS goes through....
But the boyz in yellow "MTN" are too stingy to give freebies, which is why their leadership in the market will continue to drop like craze....

I too was once using MTN but I'm now using Vmobile as my first line, glo as second and Mtel as third line

NO MORE MTN FOR ME....
Re: MTN Flash! by uchesco(m): 12:27am On Jul 03, 2005
But lets be frank.... MTN has their own wahala ,but which network doesn't Is it V-mobile, that is only available in major cities. not to the rural populace that needs it?? Or is it Glo that doesn't have problems making calls??
Someone talk to me. I love freebies but i prefer quality service even better. cool
Re: MTN Flash! by Angelgirl(f): 10:57am On Jul 05, 2005
The MTN Flash service have been messing up lately, though at times it just picks up and gets to the recipient almost immediately, how do i know this? i always test flash myself anytime i send MTN flash, if i recieve, that means the other person has received, though by so doing i would have reduced my 5 MTN flash by one, but at the same time, i have confirmed if the flash went through or not.
Re: MTN Flash! by Bumzy(f): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2005
As far as am concerned, MTN is a failure in Nigeria! to day they are 'stingy' is an understatement. I can happily say that i have dumped my MTN sim too, am now with Vmobile and Glo. MTN has never done anything for free for their subscribers you have to pay for everything! imagine in this day and age, after they have nearly milked us dry!

Anyway am happy with Vmobile--a friendly network and glo. I cannot even dash someone my MTN sim, even my enemy... when i wanted to do that someone asked why i would even think of something so wicked!!!
They should pack up their bags and go back to where they came from.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby / 20 Times Photography Spoke Better Than Words. 20 Most Iconic Pictures Ever / Recommend A Decent Device For 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.