Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27514 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 6:45pm On May 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.

26 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Godada(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2021

Don't you have a sister or someone else? You gotta actually move on from a relationship that crashed

Modified.
Is his ex the only qualified person fit for the position? Suppose she gets the job and it becomes a matter of unwanted entanglement or it becomes a matter that might come back and hurt him. Because close proximity with an old flame can reignite a new passion. Yeah I get it that he moved on but the fact he still thinks about her appears to me that he hasn't moved on.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DaddyRochie1642: 6:52pm On May 19, 2021
You should ask yourself if this same so called EX can do the same for you.... Don't cross river for someone that will never cross gutter for you.

421 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DropsMic(m): 6:54pm On May 19, 2021
When I'm not mad

36 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by paulolee(m): 6:54pm On May 19, 2021
please you guys should stop talking exes as if they are demons because we are all exes to other exes..
Mr op..if she suits the job and have a nice character, you can recommend her to the job to help her better her life..
seems u are scared of you both coming back again but I dnt see any issue here because its all about self control..
but if she is dt type dt promiscuous type would come n start opening legs to all the male workers n mayb start dating ur boss n ask him to fire u, dnt recommend her because no work for this contry again o..

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 19, 2021
You're still missing her. Recommend other female friends pls and let her go for good,if she be better gal she for no leave you

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Kemers13: 6:57pm On May 19, 2021
U are a man. Let d past b and help her for u dnt know tomorrow. God bless u more as u do so, amen.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Elporo(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2021
Kemers13:
U are a man. Let d past b and help her for u dnt know tomorrow. God bless u more as u do so, amen.

Arrant nonsense.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Pierocash(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2021
Forget about her. Did it ever occured to her that she will need you someday?

They misbehave a lot,that was how my ex behaved too,she changed during her youth service and I had to breakup with her.

If there is no one to recommend aside her,let the space waste.

This bitches are wicked and heartless. She wouldn't recommend you if she were to be in your shoe,she has other guys she preferred above you,so don't do same for her

235 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by TJaguar(m): 7:25pm On May 19, 2021
Recommend her for the job.. But discuss with her the importance of her being of good character.. You would be saving a soul!!! I mean; she was your ex doesn't mean she is a bad person..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by stanliwise(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2021
Forthispost:

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update:/I forgot to add, she's one of the most suited person I know for the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

Well the first rule is this. Don’t bring distance. If you bring her closer it means you have set yourself up for emotional attachment, situationship and rig mag roll. If you have that as a game plan den fine, if not then don’t bring her closer.
If the office ain’t your office or not close to where you work. It’s fine, recommend her

9 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Kondomatic(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2021
Bad idea.

One thing you have to understand is that feeling is like fire, it can easily be rekindled. Just add dry firewood here and there and it will catch, and the fact that she's the first person that came to your mind means that yours have not really died down.

Here's a problem, if you want her but she doesn't want you. Wahala.
If she wants you but you don't want her, double wahala.

If you both want each other then you both are fvcked. I am totally against office romance.

Secondly, I don't like to have people that know me well anywhere near where I earn a living, there's now 11 Judas in every 12..

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by BlueAir: 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
angry It's good u said bashing is allowed. You want to recommend a rude ex that dumped your arsse without looking back for a job that she's likely to inflict more problems on u from. U deserve to be beaten for even considering this favor for her. Go ahead and get her the job.AND LEARN THE HARD WAY.a green snake looks cute till it bites u. Disgusting

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by BlueAir: 7:46pm On May 19, 2021
That damn forthispost should better digest this into his head
Pierocash:

They misbehave a lot,that was how my ex behaved too,she changed during her youth service and I had to breakup with her.

This bitches are wicked and heartless. She wouldn't recommend you if she were to be in your shoe,[/b]she has other guys she preferred above you[b],so don't do same for her

12 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 7:50pm On May 19, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
You should ask yourself if this same so called EX can do the same for you.... Don't cross river for someone that will never cross gutter for you.

Hmmmm. She might not oh.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Hintona(f): 7:53pm On May 19, 2021
Put emotions aside and do what needs to be done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 7:55pm On May 19, 2021
paulolee:
please you guys should stop talking exes as if they are demons because we are all exes to other exes..
Mr op..if she suits the job and have a nice character, you can recommend her to the job to help her better her life..
seems u are scared of you both coming back again but I dnt see any issue here because its all about self control..
but if she is dt type dt promiscuous type would come n start opening legs to all the male workers n mayb start dating ur boss n ask him to fire u, dnt recommend her because no work for this contry again o..

The latter of your post is what the son of man is avoiding. Make she no go collude to fire me grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 7:57pm On May 19, 2021
Pierocash:

This bitches are wicked and heartless. She wouldn't recommend you if she were to be in your shoe,she has other guys she preferred above you,so don't do same for her

Hmmmm. True talk

4 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 7:57pm On May 19, 2021
TJaguar:
Recommend her for the job.. But discuss with her the importance of her being of good character.. You would be saving a soul!!! I mean; she was your ex doesn't mean she is a bad person..

Hmmmmmm
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 8:04pm On May 19, 2021
stanliwise:

Well the first rule is this. Don’t bring distance. If you bring her closer it means you have set yourself up for emotional attachment, situationship and rig mag roll. If you have that as a game place den fine, if not then don’t bring her closer.
If the office ain’t your office or not close to where you work. It’s fine, recommend her

The office is close to where I work. In fact, I've been the one supervising the unit. sad
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 8:09pm On May 19, 2021
Hintona:
Put emotions aside and do what needs to be done.

Can you explain better. Like air her or what?
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by stanliwise(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2021
Forthispost:

The office is close to where I work. In fact, I've been the one supervising the unit. sad
if you start it then be ready to finish it

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Hintona(f): 8:17pm On May 19, 2021
Forthispost:

Give her the job, after all you said it yourself, she's the most qualified person you know for the job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Bigdik70inch2(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2021
Forthispost:

I pity u!!!
Shm......
Leave that woman alone........sims u haven't learnt your lesson

34 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 8:54pm On May 19, 2021
Kondomatic:
Bad idea.

One thing you have to understand is that feeling is like fire, it can easily be rekindled. Just add dry firewood here and there and it will catch, and the fact that she's the first person that came to your mind means that yours have not really died down.

Here's a problem, if you want her but she doesn't want you. Wahala.
If she wants you but you don't want her, double wahala.

If you both want each other then you both are fvcked. I am totally against office romance.

Secondly, I don't like to have people that know me well anywhere near where I earn a living, there's now 11 Judas in every 12..

Hmmmmm. You are very correct. I don't like office romance too

11 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by bigpicture001: 8:57pm On May 19, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

I live the quote slot.... Ur very blunt

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Ptolemy22: 9:07pm On May 19, 2021
You guys broke up 3 years ago and still on talking terms.

Means she is not entirely a bad person.

We should normalise the fact that our exes are not devils, they are humans.

You've said she fit the job so make the move for her.

I understand that you're scared and stuff, but, come on bro, give her this thing.

Or you're still not over the relationship yet .

Forget the comments of those bitter simps on this thread and give her the freaking job.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by NengiWIDEtoto: 9:27pm On May 19, 2021
Oga find one relative give. Giving it to your ex must end in ultimate premium tears.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by habsydiamond(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2021
I no dey talk too much.... Whenever u have greeted someone goodnight you shouldn't be greeting good evening there again that same day... Let bygone be bygone.. Shes in the past now so let the past go so that u can focus on the future.... I pray u won't regret recommending her... Cos Ex's can do and undo...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by paulolee(m): 10:35pm On May 19, 2021
Forthispost:

The latter of your post is what the son of man is avoiding. Make she no go collude to fire me grin
I know na...na wetin all.man de fear b dt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Depressed101: 11:01pm On May 19, 2021
Forthispost:

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

na person wey dey look for em downfall, they hire witch.. Oya na do it

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Common Job Interview Questions For Freshers And How To Answer Them / BAT Test By Kimberly-Ryan / Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.