Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic (6794 Views)

Comic On Ebola (part1) / President Jonathan As A Comic Super Hero / A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2011
I remember d days of batman, superman, and spider man comics, those oyinbos can really copy someone else's stuffs. cuz we r d ones dat really had true super heroes, d likes of Sango, Oduduwa and others. but because those whites r copy-cats, they've created comics of our Fbs. even recently wit d cartoon AVATAR (abi was Sango not a fire bender?).
So basically I feel we should do things our own ways. We can create fabulous comics with d help of our graphicians, who knows, we might produce something greater than Spider Man :-?.
So guys, wach'ya fink?
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by OKX(m): 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2011
well, almost any race have their own peculiar folk lore, and there r similarities in some concepts globally.

Most western heroes were products of events or movements of their times and were inspired by various current events like wars, women activism, industrial revolution, the space race etc.- not african folk lore.

The graphic part is d easy part, wot guarantees acceptability lies in the research, conceptualisation of d story behind d xter.dats tuff work!

DC Comics actually have an extensive genealogy of every hero in their universe outlining relationships and traits dats even more detailed than ur family tree or mine. Imagine dat level of attention to detail!
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by iice(f): 3:21am On Apr 29, 2011
^^Well said.

Be like say pesin no dey actually pay attention to the comics except for what the herd say/know. If you're gonna attempt to make a hero/comic, pay attention to details. No be to only draw and tell us very basic history.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2011
OKX:

well, almost any race have their own peculiar folk lore, and there r similarities in some concepts globally.

Most western heroes were products of events or movements of their times and were inspired by various current events like wars, women activism, industrial revolution, the space race etc.- not african folk lore.

The graphic part is d easy part, wot guarantees acceptability lies in the research, conceptualisation of d story behind d xter.dats tuff work!

DC Comics actually have an extensive genealogy of every hero in their universe outlining relationships and traits dats even more detailed than your family tree or mine. Imagine dat level of attention to detail!

cool TRU TALK. Kind Of just realisee that, also its a big job trying to get full details of those tales. but does that mean that its impossible to create such things? There r loadz of nairalanders who can help contribute to research and stuvs. i'm just thinking we could cr8 our own Animated Toon, based on d stories of those 'heroes'. undecided
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2011
OKX:

DC Comics actually have an extensive genealogy of every hero in their universe outlining relationships and traits dats even more detailed than your family tree or mine. Imagine dat level of attention to detail!

cool TRU TALK. Kind Of just realisee that, also its a big job trying to get full details of those tales. but does that mean that its impossible to create such things? There r loadz of nairalanders who can help contribute to research and stuvs. i'm just thinking we could cr8 our own Animated Toon, based on d stories of those 'heroes'. undecided
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2011
OKX:

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by OKX(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2011
nah. its not impossible!
my thots r, given the volume of work involved in doing it right- someone HAS to pick up d tab.

i doubt it will work as a 'free' collaborative effort.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
OKX:

nah. its not impossible!
my thots r, given the volume of work involved in doing it right- someone HAS to pick up d tab.

i doubt it will work as a 'free' collaborative effort.
Kks, guess i gotta be On. My. Own then.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by OKX(m): 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
not necessarily, just do ur preliminary research.

Employ woteva assets u can access to develope ur background stories- dat will take a bit of work n time, and is best handled by a point man.

Get ur story tight, artists r replaceable- concept developers r not.
When ur story/script is ready, shopping 4 talent 2 graphically depict it is easy. A well prepared script can even generate income or draw investors.

Goodluck.

Mind, d above r just my opinions- not necessarily fact.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
thanks
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by ugo2u(m): 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
in all truth and fairness, its not an easy task to create a comic, you need alot of stuff to keep in mind. one is the scripting, then the storyboard then the drawing then the coloring, main artist , background artists, first of all research is needed and the whole plot laid down. I suggest you start with shorts first (comics that have endings in 4 issues) if that is successful then it will be possible to gain more experience for the big ones.

And using folklore isnt such a good Idea, so basically think of characters loosely based on those heroes, if you use them straight on religion and politics may creep in. thats my input
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Brisingr(m): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
i read a comic book titled bwyze in a 9ja setting once.

1 Like

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Jubby(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2011
@akay_47,
pls can u help wit a badg design for my royal fashion lind DUKES & DUCHESS.infos on it are a crown on 2 capital Ds backing each other with leaf branches bracketing the Ds then we have the name under on a murffler like flag.My email is gbadamosi2k1@yahoo.com.tanks a million bros
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2011
Jubby:

@akay_47,
pls can u help wit a badg design for my royal fashion lind DUKES & DUCHESS.infos on it are a crown on 2 capital Ds backing each other with leaf branches bracketing the Ds then we have the name under on a murffler like flag.My email is gbadamosi2k1@yahoo.com.tanks a million bros
, hmn, some work there, but i'm gonna work it out, i pway der's tym
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Jubby(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2011
@akay_47,
would b very greatful nd GOD bless u in all that u lay ur hands on.Amen
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 03, 2011
does the hero have to be super. why not stories of 'tortise and, '? i'm just saying. instead of the typical flying men/women, why not have comics children will read and not just glance at 'POW' or 'BOOM' or 'ZOOM' like i did with my old comics. the drawings need details but so do the stories behind the characters.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2011
Jubby:

@akay_47,
would b very greatful nd GOD bless u in all that u lay your hands on.Amen
sorry dat i've not given u anything, but u know school work can be time consuming, but i promise to come up with something b4 tomorrow, k.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Jubby(m): 12:25am On May 18, 2011
ok thanks but put in mind you will pls need use the badg or crest of the royal militay police in the uk that what i want .thanks
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 10:09pm On May 19, 2011
K, i never knew thatz what u want, cuz i'v already created some w/o the crest, and u can check them out so that u'll make comments on them

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 10:15pm On May 19, 2011
and

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 10:40pm On May 19, 2011
also

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Jubby(m): 7:28am On May 20, 2011
@ak_47
am impressed and greatful at ur work but just that u left out d leaf like stuff that would bracket d whole desing and pls u can check on google the royal military police or royal military acedemy for the kind of desgin am talking about.pls dont get me wrong ur work was very ok,more than what ugo did,pls just check out the stuff online thanks a million.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by akay48(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2011
k, check this out, u are free to make comments pls

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by vislabraye(m): 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
I believe if a good African story is made into a comic, it would be very lovely. We've got lots a rich history and stories where inspiration could be derived from. I guess we 've got to make good research.

By the way, what happened to Ikebe super, Funtimes and the rest ?
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Iyineda(m): 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
I found these on deviantart.com
Pretty cool, huh?

Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by FlyboyZee: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
Go guyz! am all for it. I've been thinking along these lines for a long tym now.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by snowdrops(m): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
off topic; cant wait to see green lantern
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by logica(m): 4:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
Ever heard of Thor? Or Hercules/Heracles? Or Odysseus? So Oyinbo copied your superheroes? LOL. Anyway what happened to Kaptain Afrika or whatever his name was.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by snowdrops(m): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
Thor. I thought he is a western super hero.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by Iyineda(m): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
That was logica's point to the OP. Thor is a Scandinavian-based legend.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by logica(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55149.0.html

God where are u all from haven't u all heard of Kaptain Africa he has his series in The Vanguard

Seriously if Spiderman was in Nigeria he would have no skyscrapers to jump from and only nepa poles to hang on to recieving the shock of his life.
Re: Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic by kabukabu50(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
snowdrops:

off topic; cant wait to see green lantern

Green lantern will suck,I just saw X men first class and I think it is the best critical comic book film made this year,better than thor,green hornet and captain america.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple But Expensive Artwork / Learning Animation The Easy Way! / How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.