Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,304 members, 7,850,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:04 PM

How To Sell A Registered Vehicle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Sell A Registered Vehicle (375 Views)

I Have For Sell A Lovely Toks 2003 Camry In Osogbo / Advise Me On How To Obtain Custom Papers For Already Registered Vehicle / ➜ ➜ ➜ FREE FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLE CHECKS➜➜ ➜ +234-806-036-5068 ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Sell A Registered Vehicle by Lawalemi(m): 7:39pm On May 20, 2021
Please advise on process to sell registered vehicle. The numbers are engraved on the vehicle parts hence potential buyer inherit the vehicle registration records.
Given the prevailing security apprehensions including availability of vehicle owners record with government agencies the original owner seek to know how to indemnify self.
Re: How To Sell A Registered Vehicle by greggng: 8:23pm On May 20, 2021
Lawalemi:
Please advise on process to sell registered vehicle. The numbers are engraved on the vehicle parts hence potential buyer inherit the vehicle registration records.
Given the prevailing security apprehensions including availability of vehicle owners record with government agencies the original owner seek to know how to indemnify self.

If you are selling a registered vehicle for example with number plate GGE45FG , I am using this number as example not real number . If this same number is engraved on the car . It could mean the first owner who bought that car as foreign use aka tokunbo did that engravement. ..In this case , you have nothing to be afraid of after conducting your due deligence. By due deligence ..I mean verifying the details of that car registration with autoreg via vio. ..Ensure the chassis number tallies with that on the car manufacturers sticker close to your drivers door. If their are descripancies ....pls stay away to avoid police wahalla ....Ensure all documents are intact i.e. custom papers, proof of ownership , allocation of plate number document , vehicle licence , road worthiness etc....You may contact me for practical if this write up can't help you. With my experience on car business, I have seen Alot ...sometimes mere calling the car owners phone number on the autoreg ...or sometimes found on the allocation document or proof .but cos I don't want to be deceived in anyways I rely on the info from autoreg ...calling the phone number to confirm the status of that car ...if owner autthorize the sale ....has exposed lots of criminals ....and save me from wahalla ...
Re: How To Sell A Registered Vehicle by greggng: 8:31pm On May 20, 2021
Lawalemi:

When selling such engraved car , ensure you collect your plate number . In your change of ownership letter , state it clearly that you have removed your plate number for safety reason ..Also state that you have handed all relevant document to the buyer to enable him do his change of ownership in his own name ...That makes him the new owner ....of the engraved vehicle .

However if you don't want all this wahalla, you can do what some people do ...changing all the engraved parts ....that is another easy way out

1 Like

Re: How To Sell A Registered Vehicle by Lawalemi(m): 9:38pm On May 20, 2021
greggng:

When selling such engraved car , ensure you collect your plate number . In your change of ownership letter , state it clearly that you have removed your plate number for safety reason ..Also state that you have handed all relevant document to the buyer to enable him do his change of ownership in his own name ...That makes him the new owner ....of the engraved vehicle .

However if you don't want all this wahalla, you can do what some people do ...changing all the engraved parts ....that is another easy way out
Big thanks for the insight.
Re: How To Sell A Registered Vehicle by Lawalemi(m): 9:38pm On May 20, 2021
greggng:

If you are selling a registered vehicle for example with number plate GGE45FG , I am using this number as example not real number . If this same number is engraved on the car . It could mean the first owner who bought that car as foreign use aka tokunbo did that engravement. ..In this case , you have nothing to be afraid of after conducting your due deligence. By due deligence ..I mean verifying the details of that car registration with autoreg via vio. ..Ensure the chassis number tallies with that on the car manufacturers sticker close to your drivers door. If their are descripancies ....pls stay away to avoid police wahalla ....Ensure all documents are intact i.e. custom papers, proof of ownership , allocation of plate number document , vehicle licence , road worthiness etc....You may contact me for practical if this write up can't help you. With my experience on car business, I have seen Alot ...sometimes mere calling the car owners phone number on the autoreg ...or sometimes found on the allocation document or proof .but cos I don't want to be deceived in anyways I rely on the info from autoreg ...calling the phone number to confirm the status of that car ...if owner autthorize the sale ....has exposed lots of criminals ....and save me from wahalla ...
I'm the one selling the vehicle

(1) (Reply)

Wanted..... Nigerian Used Car / 2017 Tokunbo Mercedes Benz GLE63S AMG N45m / Lagos: Tokunbo 2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited + Panoramic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.