Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number (19443 Views)

Updated: New HTTP Injector Settings For 9mobile Social Bundle To Power All Apps / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2021
Morenikeji070:
Sorry pls can you tell me how good piggyvest is have had about it from one of my frd... pls hope it's very secure to save money.. I need ur help
Yes it is secure, you can join different challenge to save money.
But to get the free 1000 you need to update your bvn on the app to be sure you are not a fraud, and send 100 naira to your flex naira
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2021
sapientia:

What are you saying?

Is there any logic for bringing CBN into this

Ordinary OTP generated by the bank servers and not CBN

It's the fault of the bank, should not take more than 24 hours to resolve
Is it the bank that lost your sim card, try to be reasonable sometimes,
CBN have every data collection of all banks.
If you have your sim you use to register your bvn , you don't need to visit the bank,
I come in peace
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Angbakpa(m): 4:37pm On May 21, 2021
fx45:
I had the same issues with the same bank. Gone there like 5 times to fill forms in a space of 6 months and till today, they haven't been able to rectify it. The only option is to close the account and open a new one with the current phone number

Which one is the only option is to close the account.?
Oga, get another ATM card, you no dey hear word neh??
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2021
donttouchme:
Close the account and open a new account with your new no.. shikena
Opening new account won't change bvn information Sir, the only solution is to upgrade bvn information
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by fx45(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2021
Angbakpa:

Which one is the only option is to close the account.?
Oga, get another ATM card, you no dey hear word neh??
It's not an ATM card matter. I stopped using the phone number in question since 2015... And this is the third ATM card I'm using since then. The thing refused to change. Same number is linked to my BVN as well and thing refused to change despite filling a different form for it also. The entire system is useless
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Angbakpa(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2021
fx45:
It's not an ATM card matter. I stopped using the phone number in question since 2015... And this is the third ATM card I'm using since then. The thing refused to change. Same number is linked to my BVN as well and thing refused to change despite filling a different form for it also. The entire system is useless

Clap for your village people, them dey use you catch cruize
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by fx45(m): 4:49pm On May 21, 2021
Angbakpa:
Clap for your village people, them dey use you catch cruize
The matter is beyond village people. It's a result of an ineffective/inefficient system and poor service delivery
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Scarfin(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2021
Millions of people are having the same issue.
Mine is GTBANK.

My BvN phone number has been reassigned to another MTN user after I returned from abroad from a one year leave...
Can u imagine that?

GTB said CBN won't accept the upgrade of the number...

So all my BvN verification OTP as well as credit report is via a phone number that does NOT belong to me.

Whatever the dude that uses the old phone number does financially, will be in my credit report by Credit Bureaux.

If he commits fraud, I'll get caught because it's my details linked to his phone number.

I've thought hard about this.
It's a deliberate act by CBN & NCC.

This two institutions are at the time of typing this being run by very corrupt & irresponsible Islamic fundamentalists.

Nigerians are up against it!

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Fantazy(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2021
Dorthe safety of your money, open another bank (with another bank), using your new number and transfer all your money there.

Simple!
Unless you are ready to continue risking it
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by donbrowser(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

The fidelity bank staff collected every details and told me it is done and that I should try again in 48 hrs which I did but the problem continues. I went back again and they did another magic and said I should try but still the otp still goes to the old number,

I went back again and the staffs there said they have tried their best that they don't know what to do again, lol ( I was shocked- Imagine, are fidelity staffs this Incompetent?). This particular issue has been on for like a month but still fidelity bank staffs couldn't resolve an online banking issue. Quite suprising.

Please Good people of God how can I resolve this issue because it is totally frustrating?

Please help oooooooo
Threaten to close the account. Simple
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by sylve11: 5:57pm On May 21, 2021
STINOS:
it won't work. It must be changed in the BVN

Now I see. cool
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by DAramis: 5:59pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
Help is needed please good people of God.

Lalasticlala
Close the account, and open new account with the current phone number. Don't wait till the money is 'salasied- that is freuuad' before you do the right thing.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by integrity16(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2021
Go to your bank na, does your bank have a Nairaland branch?
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Calitoscassius(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2021
Close your account and open a new one with the new phone number. Useless bank.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 21, 2021
Bastard.... may ur soul be changed
mekuso89:
Tell them to change your BVN number nne
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by emmy989(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2021
[quote author=StrangeCase post=101914184]My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

The fidelity bank staff collected every details and told me it is done and that I should try again in 48 hrs which I did but the problem continues. I went back again and they did another magic and said I should try but still the otp still goes to the old number,

I went back again and the staffs there said they have tried their best that they don't know what to do again, lol ( I was shocked- Imagine, are fidelity staffs this Incompetent?). This particular issue has been on for like a month but still fidelity bank staffs couldn't resolve an online banking issue. Quite suprising.

Please Good people of God how can I resolve this issue because it is totally frustrating?

It happen to me few month ago,I went to the Bank to complain ,the customer care lady collected my details and assured that I will start receiving otp pin to my new number,but all to no avail,then I decided to try their online customer care service through Facebook,but note it must be verified with pass mark,so when they work on it,asssuring me that I will start receiving the Otpin,after some days I tried and it work.
I think you should try to complain to their online customer care through Facebook, only if they are on Facebook.
And note:it must be verified with a blue pass mark,hence you might fall victim of scammers.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Gfskw: 7:45pm On May 21, 2021
Change it
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by luglio: 7:57pm On May 21, 2021
Please change your ATM card.

I had this same issue. Went to the bank to change my number more than once and it was really done but not effective. You will see that you will be unable to transact successfully across all online platforms except a few without your OTP going to your former telephone number.
Not till I obtained a new ATM card on expiration of the old and used the new number to apply for it did this stop.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by mekuso89(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2021
Tamilore11:
Bastard.... may ur soul be changed
Please what is my offence?
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by dayjeee(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

Please help oooooooo
they need to reprofile your card for otp.
The way it works is, whenever they activate card for online usage, the system registers the phone number on the account with the card, so even if you update phone number on your account, it doesn't sync automatically with your card. What they need to do is reprofiliing of card for otp. Its at tbat point they link the new phone number with the card. Regards
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Weneda(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2021
chii8:
Me that opened an account with Heritage Bank for over two months and they're yet to send my account number to me nko?
U re stressing urself where everything is online. Don't u know since u have BVN u can open ur account online and get ur account number instantly. Last two weeks i opened my younger brother's account nd he got his atm card within that week. After u get the account u go with ur recent NEPA bill, national ID/voter's card, passport. Sakina!
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by PrinceGallant: 9:20pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

It is more than a month already even normal subscriptions like DSTV , Jumia payments still same issue of the otp redirecting to the old line. Why so?

Lalasticlala

You are not being kind to Fidelity Bank in your post, , why didn't you mention DStv, Jumia therein but specifically talked about Fidelity Bank. Well, I believed you had known that the problem was not Fidelity Bank alone before you came online
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by atiku07(m): 9:25pm On May 21, 2021
Arizona1:
The people you're talking to are just tellers or customer care. Send an email to to them stating the issue. It will be channeled to IT unit and they'll change it. The number they changed on the interface did not change on their db so when you do transactions, otp is sent to the number on db which is still your old number.

yes u had a slight idea it only changed on the local DB but still remain thesame on central db but if synchronized changes would be effected and that can only be done by their application development departmet
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by donephi(m): 9:36pm On May 21, 2021
They have not completed the job. If they claim they have, you should be receiving OTP on your updated line. When a phone number is updated in an account. It is updated in two or three different places depending on the software the financial institution is using. First they need to updated on the platform for SMS, then Mobile banking and lastly internet banking. It's obvious they updated on the platform for SMS meaning when transactions are performed(debit or credit) you get alert. But for transactions requiring 2 authentication which is the OTP, they are yet to update the needful. They need to do that before the OTP is received on the new number.
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Morenikeji070: 9:43pm On May 21, 2021
Alright thanks
Jamesbiodun:

Yes it is secure, you can join different challenge to save money.
But to get the free 1000 you need to update your bvn on the app to be sure you are not a fraud, and send 100 naira to your flex naira
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Raychee(f): 9:59pm On May 21, 2021
Just close the frigging account. There are numerous local banks to open another account with undecided or if fidelity is do or die just open another one with them with your desired information.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Kpartners: 10:00pm On May 21, 2021
[quote author=mrrandomguy post=101919934]Fidelity is a useless bank. I can't even use their app, anytime I try it tells me that the phone number linked to my account is invalid. When I complained they told me that I recently changed my phone number. How can I change my own phone number and I will not remember.

Na village pipu de follow you

Fidelity is one of the best banks in Naija
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by DedeNkem: 11:14pm On May 21, 2021
Nothing goes smoothly in this useless country!
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by edoairways: 11:23pm On May 21, 2021
shedy03:

your bank can block your phone number from receiving OTP, and [b]activate your email to receive OTP instea[/b]d.
Is it possible?
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by mbhs139(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2021
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo

You're not in this alone. I have been begging First Bank for nearly one week now to allow my OTP to come through my email. I have done everything they asked me to do. Send the data page of International Passport, Notarized Letter, Signed Indemnity Form, Spoken with Customer Service several times and all that, yet no show. Now, they're not even answering my mail anymore, and Customer Service is not picking my call anymore.

My mum is sick, I have to go cap in hand borrowing money up and down.

When you think incompetence is only pervasive in Nigeria's government establishment, the private sector is second to none
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:03am On May 22, 2021
Fidelity bank is the best bank in nigeria
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by sonofmercy2000(m): 5:17am On May 22, 2021
The matter is simple, but first call their head office before Reporting them to CBN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Phone You Ever Used? / 5 Ways To Make Internet Connection Fast On Your Android Smartphone / FG/NCC Directive: Has Your Phone Number Been Barred??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.