Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC (27810 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / How To Track An Iphone With Te Imei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 21, 2021
So in summary were not required to submit IMEI, the NCC will just steal it without our permission.

Nice
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by seyz91(m): 7:37pm On May 21, 2021
mtcheewww! undecided
CilicMarin:
Anything that would lead to the decimation of all terrorists is welcomed by me.

God bless Baba Buhari
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by jaxxy(m): 7:38pm On May 21, 2021
When the the government start to care about Fone theft??
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by seyz91(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2021
naija politicians are all fraud
jlinkd78:
They couldn't stand the backlash. However we still need explanations how they intend to capture d numbers automatically without the consent of d phone device owner. Biometrics were captured on multiple exercises and d FG can't harness d data so collated into building an impenetrable security architecture but are hoping to use numbers they are going to capture "automatically" to achieve maximum security. APC is a fraud
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by greensandy: 7:42pm On May 21, 2021
MAGG0T:
cheesy

After submitting your IMEI...those idiots doesn't know u can still change it..once you root your fon...how dumb Pantami and his terrorist cohorts are.

Changing of IMEI is illegal. One must be very careful nowadays because the law will not excuse your ignorance.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by rottennaija(m): 7:43pm On May 21, 2021
jlinkd78:
They couldn't stand the backlash. However we still need explanations how they intend to capture d numbers automatically without the consent of d phone device owner. Biometrics were captured on multiple exercises and d FG can't harness d data so collated into building an impenetrable security architecture but are hoping to use numbers they are going to capture "automatically" to achieve maximum security. APC is a fraud

Ask Facebook how they do so. Then you will understand.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Puhrs: 7:43pm On May 21, 2021
Better
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Mrquote: 7:43pm On May 21, 2021
Some of you here saying is a good move how do you feel now
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Geniero: 7:43pm On May 21, 2021
NCC, IMEI, NIN ooo, all of una de craze.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by AfroKnight: 7:44pm On May 21, 2021
Ignoramuses run this country.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by lexy2014: 7:44pm On May 21, 2021
greensandy:

Changing of IMEI is illegal. One must be very careful nowadays because the law will not excuse your ignorance.

What makes changing IMEI illegal? Can u pls quote d law?
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by smith1985(m): 7:44pm On May 21, 2021
jlinkd78:

PDP is evil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Donmorph1991(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2021
Ok

I do supply charcoal to Lagos island
V.I, Lekki, Ikoyi, Obalende
Contact me for your supplies

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by dappydozzy(m): 7:46pm On May 21, 2021
ivolt:

Immediately you insert a SIM into your phone, your IMEI will be sent to the service provider.
It is not a new process, the government just want to start getting the data and linking it to other biometrics.
What you said is true, in fact Everytime you make a call your IMEI is logged with that call at the service provider's data center.All service provider know the manufacturer and make of your phone, what the government is trying to do is like what we have in the use which is known as the FCC ID database.

Don't be ignorant, the government already have your IMEI.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by UDUJ(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
such equipments have been on ground at least since GEJ's era. It's what police use in tracking kidnappers for example. The DSS also has them and that's why I try as much as possible to only buy new phones instead of second hand no matter how tempting the offer is, I personally know someone languishing in jail now with a robbery case hanging on his neck for being in possession of a stolen phone. The idea is good, the personnel behind it is what people are afraid of

This is exactly why I will never buy a used phone (be it US or UK used). You can't even tell if the US used phone you are buying is being tracked by INTERPOL.

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by DrMuzungu(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2021
IMEI is transmitted to the GSM operator each time a mobile device connects to the GSM tower. It does not matter if you make a call, send SMS, connect to the internet or if you do none of that. As soon as your device gets the signal, it transmits the GSM number, IMEI and several other things.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by dappydozzy(m): 7:52pm On May 21, 2021
lexy2014:

Even if you change your IMEI, the original IMEI can be retrieved. Why do Nigerians always think about circumventing things, strange country. Creating a device management system should not cause so much outcry as being witnessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by dappydozzy(m): 7:52pm On May 21, 2021
DrMuzungu:
IMEI is transmitted to the GSM operator each time a mobile device connects to the GSM tower. It does not matter if you make a call, send SMS, connect to the internet or if you do none of that. As soon as your device gets the signal, it transmits the GSM number, IMEI and several other things.

That's very correct.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by sslcrypt: 7:55pm On May 21, 2021
Nigerians are funny, you all should be more worried about the Chinese phones you all buy and consume because it's cheap.

Sources from Burma where their political tension after military coup said you favorite mobile makers database was bridge by God who knows who and majority of database of key suppliers and distributors of China phone in the country was stolen.
China have always assured the Burma or mayanmar military of assistance that was defined...

As it stands the IMISI of subscribers are hard to track because sim cards can be disposed but the IMEI can't unless you utilize several burner phones.

what played out in Hong Kong is playing out here in Burma because it was the mobile IMEI of Hong Kong citizen that was used to track and in turn crush the protest.

Similar situation is playing out in Ethiopia because the government is up against the tygra tribe because they want to break away that region from Ethiopia. IMEI was used also because they are favorite heavy addicts of Chinese phones.

Point is there is most likely internal disagreement in ministry of communication ever since the pantami disaster, more things are meant to be exposed.

So this is move to remove the sting from future revelations... In intelligence you call it your poker face move.

The other point is the Chinese are good in providing favor, favor in the sense we provide you technology and technical know how that can be used in suppressing your citizens while we get what we want.

Ministry of communication don't even need to approach NCC for anything because there is always a willing helper... It's for that reason the drive to cover Africa with cheap Chinese phones is at full speed.

The west have checks and balances, meaning they can never grant such permission even if it's for terrorism prevention a committee will monitor everything step by step.

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by greensandy: 7:56pm On May 21, 2021
lexy2014:

I may not know about the law but by international standard I'm quite sure it's not allowed to be changed and it can get you in trouble. Although one can change it at will if the phone is rooted.

Hope this might convince you?
What happens if I change my IMEI number?
You will get into trouble if you change your IMEI number to another one which belongs to a stolen phone as tampering of IMEI number is a punishable act. Moreover, the network operators may get to know and block your IMEI number if it is not the original one.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by nextstep(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2021
CilicMarin:
Anything that would lead to the decimation of all terrorists is welcomed by me

I don't know what the real aim of all this NIN, IMEI back and forth, but I don't believe it's going to "reduce criminal activity", as FG likes to say. Afterall, we have people in government going to meet bandits in broad daylight, and some are sponsors of BH and ISWAP. Why hasn't FG used that information to stop banditry?

If the law enforcement was serious they'd do the following:
- ask the telco which remote towers (i.e. close to bush where bandits hide) are active during certain times
- who called it, or who did it call?
- collate with info about family members who got calls from kidnappers

They can get the IMEI and SIM from the telcos, and just keep tabs on where those devices are. Cell towers can even tell you where a phone is without needing to make a phone call.. as long as it registers with the network.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by naikeboy(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2021
Confused people they don't no what to do...
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:15pm On May 21, 2021
Awon weyrey retract sharpally...

grin grin grin
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by lexy2014: 8:19pm On May 21, 2021
dappydozzy:

Even if you change your IMEI, the original IMEI can be retrieved. Why do Nigerians always think about circumventing things, strange country. Creating a device management system should not cause so much outcry as being witnessed.

What u have said has nothing to do with d question I asked:
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by musicwriter(m): 8:22pm On May 21, 2021
It's still the same thing. Whether you take it automatically or subscribers submit it in person.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by frozen70(f): 8:39pm On May 21, 2021
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by lexy2014: 8:44pm On May 21, 2021
greensandy:

I may not know about the law but by international standard I'm quite sure it's not allowed to be changed and it can get you in trouble. Although one can change it at will if the phone is rooted.

Hope this might convince you?
What happens if I change my IMEI number?
You will get into trouble if you change your IMEI number to another one which belongs to a stolen phone as tampering of IMEI number is a punishable act. Moreover, the network operators may get to know and block your IMEI number if it is not the original one.

With everything u said, I don't see how it answers my question? If u don't no about d law, on what basis did u make this assertion?:

"Changing of IMEI is illegal. One must be very careful nowadays because the law will not excuse your ignorance."
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by eguarojeona: 8:45pm On May 21, 2021
CilicMarin:
Anything that would lead to the decimation of all terrorists is welcomed by me.

God bless Baba Buhari
Decimation after 6 years as president.I don't know the value of your education if you cannot use it to reason.I think the black man's reasoning is why we are a sh*t hole continent.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by greensandy: 9:28pm On May 21, 2021
lexy2014:

With everything u said, I don't see how it answers my question? If u don't no about d law, on what basis did u make this assertion?:

"Changing of IMEI is illegal. One must be very careful nowadays because the law will not excuse your ignorance."

O'boy free me. Do as you please.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by saintmm(m): 9:32pm On May 21, 2021
This is expected, and fortunately, they didn't disappoint.
Nigeria my Country
Buharis the President
APC the Ruling party
These shall also come to pass just as PDP came to pass.

We shall breathe fresh air either a renegotiated togetherness or distinctly along the piece of our different choices.

I rise
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Penguin2: 10:00pm On May 21, 2021
InaNla:

Painfully, the terrorist patami and his fellow terrorists have Nigerians sensitive detailed information already,

Pathetic trust me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Vs Huawei Y9 2019 Speed Test & RAM Management (photos) / New Handwriting Keyboard From Google For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.