Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,577 members, 7,854,460 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:02 PM

201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University (34812 Views)

Ewerechukwu Favour Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Covenant University / 65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Sunday Joseph, Blogger And Youtuber Graduates From Covenant University In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by writeprof(m): 7:04pm On May 22, 2021
Good one! First class is not for angels but for humans! The results are a reflection of the vision of the visioner- Bishop David Oyedepo.

5 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Glamouzpeter(f): 7:05pm On May 22, 2021
I vent twice after seeing this, ?
But Nigerians lectures in State or federal university will make sure the fraustate the hell out of u

Anyways Congratulations to them

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by lexy2014: 7:10pm On May 22, 2021
sammirano:

Oh! Since you want breakdown, i will gove you.
Private universities are filled with substandard and inexperienced lecturers producing half baked graduates.

Prof. Olowe of Unilag, financial management is used in all uni in Nig.

Lecturers in U.i esp medicine dept are internationally recognized for their exploits.

Oga mention one good asset of private uni rather than infrastructure.

If you like build the best hospital in the world, without expert doctors, people will die in their numbers.

How did u arrive at ur conclusion that "Private universities are filled with substandard and inexperienced lecturers producing half baked graduates"? What research did u do and how did u do it? Did u personally carry out any empirical test on d lecturers and students of private universities?

How do u no that "Prof. Olowe of Unilag, financial management is used in all uni in Nig"? Are u d one who recommended and enforced d use of "Prof. Olowe of Unilag, financial management is used in all uni in Nig"?

What are those exploits that "Lecturers in U.i esp medicine dept are internationally recognized for"?

According to u:

"If you like build the best hospital in the world, without expert doctors, people will die in their numbers."

What point does this prove? I don't understand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by starstaz(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2021
water mellon firsty!!!
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 22, 2021
Nice God bless CU
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by vickydevoka(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2021
4.98 is not possible in biochemistry, microbiology and all art and social sciences in unn.

Is possible in engineering, environmental, pharmacy. Though I never see. I don see 4.92 engineering

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by bizhop01: 7:19pm On May 22, 2021
hustla:
Awaiting the arrival of the sons and daughters of suffering and Sufferhead to explain why 1st class in CU is = 3rd class in OSU

.. Arriving in 3, 2 , 1

grin
Remember in public school's lecturers are gods, covenant university don't lecture they teach.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by ofiko123(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2021
Congratulations to them... Wishing them success in their future endeavors...
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Komu1048(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2021
Goodshiit1:
Convenant na school

Ordinary copy and paste u no sabi. Set awon convenant
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hakeem4(m): 7:31pm On May 22, 2021
JovialJune:
My Alma-Mater, you will be given what you rightfully worked extremely hard for, unlike awon public school chest beaters that will go through;

- Lecturers extorting students by selling handouts compulsorily without teaching anything, then show up a week to exams to mark attendance and mark names of those who paid, smh

- Lecturers saying "A is for God, B is for V.C, C is for them, fight for the rest", and these same students think it is a normal part of life

- Sex for grades, reason why we have so many educates illiterates in the society today, ask them where they graduated from- public Uni smh,

- Cultism, co-habitation like married couples, overcrowded lecture hall with some standing or sitting on the floor, they think these foolish experience will polish any sane human being, lol

All this and many more, yet they think all these is an achievement to experience, talk about suffering and smiling lol

P.S before some dings quote me, Google achievements of some Covenant University graduates and the school as a whole so you don't disgrace yourself.

Tankio smiley
my alma-mater also

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by jaxxy(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2021
JovialJune:
My Alma-Mater, you will be given what you rightfully worked extremely hard for, unlike awon public school chest beaters that will go through;

- Lecturers extorting students by selling handouts compulsorily without teaching anything, then show up a week to exams to mark attendance and mark names of those who paid, smh

- Lecturers saying "A is for God, B is for V.C, C is for them, fight for the rest", and these same students think it is a normal part of life

- Sex for grades, reason why we have so many educates illiterates in the society today, ask them where they graduated from- public Uni smh,

- Cultism, co-habitation like married couples, overcrowded lecture hall with some standing or sitting on the floor, they think these foolish experience will polish any sane human being, lol

All this and many more, yet they think all these is an achievement to experience, talk about suffering and smiling lol

P.S before some dings quote me, Google achievements of some Covenant University graduates and the school as a whole so you don't disgrace yourself.

Tankio smiley

Me thinks it’s more about the student in question than the skol. I know people who went to so called public uni’s and doing excellently well and some who went to private and I’m wondering what went wrong, still many of these students from both skols are doing well also.

I wud say 60% depends on the student and 40% on the skol.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33pm On May 22, 2021
Virgo01:
That's a healthy percentage of the total. If it's our public Universities the students will be frustrated till one will manage 2:2 and the rest third class grin
Lol stupid public universities

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Hassanmaye(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2021
Zico5:
First class just like pure water. And one lecturer for OAU or UI will be flexing for failing students. Bunch of sadists.
Lol they cant try that in public universities fools
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Twelfthman: 7:45pm On May 22, 2021
Congrats guys
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by shoneye2oluseyi(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2021
PAPER AND PEN FIRST CLASS.
Students that lack the knowledge of oduduwaland and Biafraland history from 1914-1000/3000bc
RUBBISH!
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Focusmind: 7:54pm On May 22, 2021
Well done guys! KMPG, PWC, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Accenture, Microsoft, Anderson, Access bank, Zenith bank, Eni Spa, AFDB etc are all waiting for you as they want them graduates to be less than 24, with first class.

2 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Isobug: 7:58pm On May 22, 2021
hustla:
Awaiting the arrival of the sons and daughters of suffering and Sufferhead to explain why 1st class in CU is = 3rd class in OSU

.. Arriving in 3, 2 , 1

grin
Before nko?.... Thank God you even know.
Yet it was that OSU sufferhead that was the best graduating student in the school. Don't you see the irony of it all?
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Asour: 7:59pm On May 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Tankio smiley

Covenant University is a fine institution.
By Nigerian standards, It's an Excellent institution.

However, it may be unfair to put all 'public institution' graduates in one bucket as 'awon chest beaters' — unless you're not referring to all Of them — but those who speak condescendingly of private schools like yours.

Remember that over the last decade (maybe increasingly fewer now) the vast majority of lecturers at CU were most likely 'public school' products.

Also, given the opportunity, most people would prefer to have graduated from a private/foreign institution. Thank God for having parents who could/did make it happen for you.

Finally the fact that CU students are successful in their endeavours globally is great / endearing. But it [probably] had little to do with CU. Perharps It's Survival bias at play, maybe I am wrong but it could also be worth considering that the vast majority of CU alumni (not all) are very likely from well-to-do homes with the deep pockets, Psychological support and the much needed network base to do great things — even if they hadn't graduated from CU.

Good institution nonetheless. Success to the graduating class.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Heavensent01(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Tankio smiley

@ the bolded, na CU taught you that English as well?
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Casper21: 8:11pm On May 22, 2021
First class for mouth. After cramming ur way to exams. As a first class graduate what can u confidently say u can do that could change the world? Ok I admit, Nigeria has brilliant minds but we no dey use am do anything. 70% of them end up as lecturers

2 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hustla(m): 8:20pm On May 22, 2021
Isobug:

Before nko?.... Thank God you even know.
Yet it was that OSU sufferhead that was the best graduating student in the school. Don't you see the irony of it all?

undecided
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Kingnelson9: 8:20pm On May 22, 2021
JovialJune:

- Sex for grades, reason why we have so many educated illiterates in the society today, ask them where they graduated from- public Uni smh,

Tankio smiley
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hustla(m): 8:20pm On May 22, 2021
Casper21:
First class for mouth. After cramming ur way to exams. As a first class graduate what can u confidently say u can do that could change the world? Ok I admit, Nigeria has brilliant minds but we no dey use am do anything. 70% of them end up as lecturers

Check Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y first

Envy and beef kee u dia
grin
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by NairaMaster1(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2021
Coronavirus84:
First class is cheap in private universities indeed

Go and try one.

But not CU. You have been reading university rating here.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Hintona(f): 8:34pm On May 22, 2021
I used to think students exaggerated the fact that lecturers frustrated them on purpose until this year our school decided that all GSS courses will be written and marked on a computer, as I'm speaking right now the rate at which students fail GSS courses has reduced drastically.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Casper21: 8:34pm On May 22, 2021
This society that we live in is full of mystery. Knowing the history of man, his Inventions, his contributions, and how to apply them is what humans are studying and doing well at that is what makes one brilliant? Seriously?? Your hands can lift things easily right, breathe easily, chew food easily, but when it comes to studying, our brain slows down, we tend to read and read before we understand, and still revisit the material in order not to forget. Do u think our brain was built for that? We are going the wrong way God put us on this earth for, its left for u to figure it out.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Casper21: 8:36pm On May 22, 2021
hustla:

Check Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y first

Envy and beef kee u dia
grin

Lol no b envy na reality
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Nas23Nas: 8:36pm On May 22, 2021
Hi
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by lexy2014: 8:39pm On May 22, 2021
Casper21:
This society that we live in is full of mystery. Knowing the history of man, his Inventions, his contributions, and how to apply them is what humans are studying and doing well at that is what makes one brilliant? Seriously?? Your hands can lift things easily right, breathe easily, chew food easily, but when it comes to studying, our brain slows down, we tend to read and read before we understand, and still revisit the material in order not to forget. Do u think our brain was built for that? We are going the wrong way God put us on this earth for, its left for u to figure it out.

So what was our brains built for?

2 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Cisse001(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2021
I dey tell you
hashtagged:
read biochemistry in a public University and you will now how far
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by tellwisdom: 8:58pm On May 22, 2021
IYANGBALI:
Why today of all days when we are still morning the death of COAS and others?

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hustla(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2021
Casper21:

Lol no b envy na reality

Check the top consulting firms.. You'll see a lot of CU first class students there

No dey deceive yourself this guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mayowa Joshua Amusan Had F9 Parallel In NECO (Photos) / Successful People Who Failed At First / Eyitope Ogunbodede Is Obafemi Awolowo University's New Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.