Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? (16226 Views)

Microsoft To Cut 11,000 Jobs In Mass Layoff / Microsoft To Recruit 500 Software Engineers In Nigeria And Kenya / Es File Explorer Pro Apk Download Mod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by spartan117(m): 10:26pm On May 22, 2021
Microsoft's Internet Explorer will finally be retired next year after more than 26 years of service, the tech giant says.

The veteran web browser was released with Windows 95.

It will no longer appear on consumer versions of Windows 10 after June 2022, Microsoft wrote in a blog.

The tech giant has been phasing out the old browser for several years - but in 2019 it had to issue an emergency patch for it, for security reasons.

At that point it was estimated that around 8% of people were still using it.

Its replacement, Microsoft Edge, has an Internet Explorer compatibility mode, which will continue to function.

Source:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57186266.amp#aoh=16217183131842&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

As a web developer will you miss it ?
Bring in your favourite internet explorer meme grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by dawnomike(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2021
May it rest in peace... Firefox is next

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Techguy96(m): 11:00pm On May 22, 2021
spartan117:

As a web developer will you miss it ?
Bring in your favourite internet explorer meme grin
That shitty browser is a pain in the ass to all web developer, very stupid browser like that, they should end it this yr sef

14 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Nobody: 12:26am On May 23, 2021
You can imagine grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Nobody: 12:37am On May 23, 2021
A real sack of shit. Microsoft can never follow standards, tufia very stupid company. They should even take edge down too, that thing sucks data like die. They should stick to their operating system abeg which is even another sack of slow, incompatible shit. Blue screens every goddamn week, those days.

7 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by donsheddy1(m): 6:12am On May 23, 2021
As a frontend guy, that browser showed me craze.

I love what they did with edge browser.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by excanny: 8:36am On May 23, 2021
retire Edge alongside it too. And never make a browser again.
Good riddance.

13 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by adeomos(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2021
They just realized that it only usefulness is to download google chrome .

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by colossalll: 3:55pm On May 27, 2021
Techguy96:

That shitty browser is a pain in the ass to all web developer, very stupid browser like that, they should end it this yr sef

Yes. Explorer is the bastard of all web browsers, with its compatibility issues, it has been a nightmare for most web developers.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Farki: 12:07pm On May 28, 2021
It was slow, ugly and useless, just like the majority of the trash Microsoft makes.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Odunharry(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
Do People still use it??

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by seunaj: 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
What is Microsoft Explorer? Google Chrome had retired it along time go.
The only good thing that Microsoft did was translating MS DOS to a much more user friendly Windows OS which pave way for Java, Symbian and Android. Every other things they developed has been trash. In fact, I look forward to a more flexible operating system than Windows in the next couple of years. Apple is not a good replacement for Windows anyway, that one even made user interaction harder.

19 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Kevinsamba: 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
No
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by salbis(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
I hardly use it.
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Adeling(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
I may
Most people don't realize that Internet explorer can read your pdf or ebook to you while you do other things.

Internet explorer is to a programmer what Buhari is to Nigeria. Very selective a browser.

5 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Quitam: 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
I won't miss it at all. It's the number 1 browser i dislike

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by UstazAhmed(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
Dynamic life. That's how we wil retire unknown gunmen and ESN

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Maj196(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
Useless browser, it doesn't even render pages properly something Chrome does effortlessly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
The worst browser ever.. Good riddance
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by stupidmod3: 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
i hate internet explorer

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by miketayo(m): 12:10pm On May 28, 2021
excanny:
retire Edge alongside it too. And never make a browser again.

Good riddance.

Have u tried chromium
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Lorayne(m): 12:10pm On May 28, 2021
How can we miss what we don't use?

11 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Tetrahedron: 12:11pm On May 28, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I stopped using it years ago!
Firefox or safari for me
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Emmyreal4(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by PericomaNwankwo: 12:12pm On May 28, 2021
Long overdue.....Seun should issue a Nairaland token or I will!!! $NRT

4 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Mindlog: 12:12pm On May 28, 2021
Way due!
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by dfrost: 12:13pm On May 28, 2021
No I won't. Good riddance.
Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 28, 2021
It was a good browser back in the day

But for many reasons Microsoft did not modernise it

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? by sunshineV(f): 12:14pm On May 28, 2021
microsoft explorer still don't know about micheal jackson's death

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turing.com Live Coding Interview Preparation / Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again / Defend Your Programming Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.