Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Church Wedding. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Church Wedding. (1317 Views)

Couple Use Power-Bike For Church Wedding In Enugu(pictured) / Church & Wedding Reception At Lagos Beach By Nigerian Couple (photos) / Lagos Bride Does Nikhai, Church Wedding And Reception For 3 Days (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Wedding. by joyblinks(f): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2011
Hi Nairalanders. where is the right place to do a church wedding? is it the bride's church or the groom's church?
Re: Church Wedding. by Creamish(f): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
There is no right place . . . it can be done anywhere . . as long as both are in agreement.
Re: Church Wedding. by neily(f): 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
the bride's church cos it will mark her last day there.
Re: Church Wedding. by alagha: 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2011
wherever that is convenient for the both of you will do.
Re: Church Wedding. by Creamish(f): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
neily:

the bride's church cos it will mark her last day there.

. . . . rily? so wat happens if the Groom is also a member of that church? will they both leave simply because it is the Bridez church and d wedding marks her last day there?
Re: Church Wedding. by joyblinks(f): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2011
right from childhood, i heard the guy is suppose to go marry the woman from her church and i also use to see some of my church sisters getting married in my church but on some other occasions, i have seen some wedding been done in the groom's church. it keeps me wondering.
Re: Church Wedding. by Creamish(f): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2011
. . . . . same thing i said earlier . . it all depends on ur agreement with ur partner.
Re: Church Wedding. by r231(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2011
bride's parent church. . . . . preferably the Dad

Creamish:

There is no right place . . . it can be done anywhere . . as long as both are in agreement.

not really
Re: Church Wedding. by MMM2(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
joyblinks
re u getting married?
i thought i ment 2 marry u.
Good luck
Re: Church Wedding. by Creamish(f): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
r231:

bride's parent church. . . . . preferably the Dad

not really

. . . not true . . . dat is what is practised by some but it is not cast in stone. If the Dad is a moslem and shez a convert, then she'l be getting married in d mosque? or if d Dad died when she was prolly 5. . . and she grew up taking care of herself, then shé wont wed cos it shuld b her dad's church?

. . my point here is that ur view isnt cast on stone. Alot of pple go for the bridez church but some others dont. I know someone who is getting married in his own church. It all depends on ur agreement wit urselves . . . .  
Re: Church Wedding. by r231(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2011
Creamish:

. . . not true . . . dat is what is practised by some but it is not cast in stone. If the Dad is a moslem and shez a convert, then she'l be getting married in d mosque? or if d Dad died when she was prolly 5. . . and she grew up taking care of herself, then shé wont wed cos it shuld b her dad's church?

. . my point here is that your view isnt cast on stone. Alot of pple go for the bridez church but some others dont. I know someone who is getting married in his own church. It all depends on your agreement wit urselves . . . .  

my dear nothing is cast on stone dis days. . . . . . . like you said its about agreement

but technically in yorubaland, its the parents church

my wife's dad is not in her life growing up so we had a bit of problem cus my own parents won't go to her mums church (long story)

so is either we do it at our church in london or if we still decide to go back home then we have to rent a church
Re: Church Wedding. by amefi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
OP,

Where was today's wedding bw Willie n Katie celebrated? Ofc, Willie's church. But it depends on d people involved. It is traditional met to be the bride's(parents)' house or church.
Re: Church Wedding. by humebuloe: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2011
I have read through and all have spoken well having said what they have in their minds.

But marriage/wedding is not a new thing only the approach to it.

The originator of marriage is God when he gave Eve to Adam then down the history it says a man to leave the mother and father and cleave to his wife,

Sacrifice and or understanding is the key thing to the venue/place to be chosen but come to think of it in the real sense of the word, who is marrying who?

In Christianity, from where we get the origin of church wedding , I think it should take place in the groom's church, that should be the ideal thing but in its absence any other arrangement can follow.

Someday Christ will take us his bride to be where he is, our wedding with him cannot be here on earth but in the third heavens, so I rest my case, he is the bridegroom and we are his bride? we are to follow him and not HE following us.
Re: Church Wedding. by joyblinks(f): 2:25am On Apr 30, 2011
I have read through and all have spoken well having said what they have in their minds.

The originator of marriage is God when he gave Eve to Adam then down the history it says a man to leave the mother and father and cleave to his wife,

Sacrifice and or understanding is the key thing to the venue/place to be chosen but come to think of it in the real sense of the word, who is marrying who?

In Christianity, from where we get the origin of church wedding , I think it should take place in the groom's church, that should be the ideal thing but in its absence any other arrangement can follow.

Someday Christ will take us his bride to be where he is, our wedding with him cannot be here on earth but in the third heavens, so I rest my case, he is the bridegroom and we are his bride? we are to follow him and not HE following us.

that is for Christ and Us. now lets talk about Us and Us.

when you do a traditional marriage, will you do it in the groom's house or the bride's house? in my opinion, i think since the lady has a church she is well known in(or even without being known). the guy is suppose to go their and pick her out from her church and after the wedding, she starts attending his.
Re: Church Wedding. by joyblinks(f): 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2011

that is for Christ and Us. now lets talk about Us and Us.

when you do a traditional marriage, will you do it in the groom's house or the bride's house? in my opinion, i think since the lady has a church she is well known in(or even without being known). the guy is suppose to go their and pick her out from her church and after the wedding, she starts attending his.

and how the hell did you get my password to make comment with my id?
Re: Church Wedding. by amefi(m): 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2011
joyblinks:

and how the hell did you get my password to make comment with my id?

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Church Wedding. by alagha: 5:42pm On May 03, 2011
love 1st
b4 marriage

(1) (Reply)

Learn Event Decoration @ An Affordable Price. / For All Your Printing Needs / Nairalander Registry Marriage Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.