Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. (2037 Views)

The Crookedness Of Shiptonaija/shoptomydoor / The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! / Shoptomydoor Scammer Or Not?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by Sadr: 11:57am On May 23, 2021
When the CEO of Shoptomydoor launched another shipping company, Shiptonaija, one would ordinarily believe that the company would be more transparent and try to avoid the outrageous and rip-off price that bedeviled the former which made it unpopular here on Nairaland and a shameful 3stars review on Google Store. However, Shiptonaija, the sister company is more dubious. They entice people with $4 per lbs and a free storage for 14days. In reality, they deliberately delay to update your orders so that their supposed promised free 14 days can elapse and then they can begin charge you at a geometric rate for storage. By the time your orders get to their warehouse, you will realise that they don't charge per weight but rather from their own imagination of what the price of your order is (when it is not precious metal). The staffers are not in sync and often clueless. The warehouse team are notorious for letting received orders to sit by without update and sometimes orders delivered at their premises get missing. Whoever knows the CEO, Nduka Udeh, should tell him to look into this review and make the necessary adjustments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by anthonyuncle(m): 12:18pm On May 23, 2021
another one
Re: Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by shoptomydoor: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2021
We bill as low as $3.69 per pound from the US to Nigeria at no extra cost for duty as the rates above are inclusive of shipping, clearing and local handling.

With respect to billing, the standard rate for calculating the shipping cost is based on the actual and the dimensional weight. The airline does not consider how much your items cost but what it weighs and the volume it takes up in the plane.

For items less than 10lbs, we bill a flat rate of $45, this is clearly stated on the website. This implies that you can still ship two or more items for the same price and enjoy our combine and save services. Let site an example, we have a customer who wants to ship 5 phones to Nigeria and each phone weighs 1.5lbs, as against shipping the items individually and you pay $ 225, we help you consolidate the items and you pay as little as $45 for shipping. This is one of the amazing benefits you enjoy using our service.

In addition, we offer customers 14/30 days free storage to enable all customers to ship from various online stores while our US/UK/China team takes inventory of the items and update them in your warehouse and this is done within 24 working hours.

The only reason why items may not be updated within the given time is if it was not properly addressed using the registered name/unit number and the items are not dropped recklessly in the warehouse, it's moved into a designated location which is referred to as the " unidentified section" until the verification process is completed.

Lastly, our warehouse is highly secured and the cases of missing items are rare as we do ensure all items dropped at in our facility are delivered intact and in good condition. If you any pending request yet to be resolved, we implore you to send an email to our support team at reachus@shoptomydoor.com and we'll ensure it's resolved.
Re: Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by SoldierPikin: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2021
Sadr:
When the CEO of Shoptomydoor launched another shipping company, Shiptonaija, one would ordinarily believe that the company would be more transparent and try to avoid the outrageous and rip-off price that bedeviled the former which made it unpopular here on Nairaland and a shameful 3stars review on Google Store. However, Shiptonaija, the sister company is more dubious. They entice people with $4 per lbs and a free storage for 14days. In reality, they deliberately delay to update your orders so that their supposed promised free 14 days can elapse and then they can begin charge you at a geometric rate for storage. By the time your orders get to their warehouse, you will realise that they don't charge per weight but rather from their own imagination of what the price of your order is (when it is not precious metal). The staffers are not in sync and often clueless. The warehouse team are notorious for letting received orders to sit by without update and sometimes orders delivered at their premises get missing. Whoever knows the CEO, Nduka Udeh, should tell him to look into this review and make the necessary adjustments.
You are right. Some of their pricing is magical and very inconsistence.
Does the Texas Office of Weights and Measures Office office need to get involved or their Georgia counterparts? Anything involving fraudulent weights and billing is considered a very serious offense in America and comes with hefty fines per items.

Once they are on your tail, they will scrutinize all of your business going back years.

2 Likes

Re: Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by SoldierPikin: 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
ShipToNaija presents itself as a convenient way to ship by weight but they are from it.
They are no even consistent in their "magical "pricing. In the same order they want me to ship a bra for $41 and yet in the same order they want to ship another bra. dollars to ship a bra. yet another bra in my order they want to charge me $61 based on some magic "dimensional weight. " Each braw doesn't even weigh half a lbs!

In Summary, per their website they want me to pay over $100 to ship 2 ladies bras that are not even up to half a lbs combined !That is insane! Here are the screenshots from their website. My orders are even plenty of mostly small things. They display a separate customs fees which tells you the claim about "no extra cost for duty as the rates above are inclusive of shipping, clearing and local handling" are not true.

No one in the US shipping industry charges "dimensional weight" except for items that are oblong OR large in size.
Their price per pound advertising is patently false. Per their customer service, they charge dimentsonal weights because they are more. Even the actual weights of your items are suspect. Amazon lists the weight of almost all of their items and they are nothing close to what ShipToNaija is listing. so I am not sure where they are getting their measurements from.

Re: Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by Afamdman(m): 11:48am On Aug 11, 2021
shoptomydoor:
We bill as low as $3.69 per pound from the US to Nigeria at no extra cost for duty as the rates above are inclusive of shipping, clearing and local handling.

With respect to billing, the standard rate for calculating the shipping cost is based on the actual and the dimensional weight. The airline does not consider how much your items cost but what it weighs and the volume it takes up in the plane.

For items less than 10lbs, we bill a flat rate of $45, this is clearly stated on the website. This implies that you can still ship two or more items for the same price and enjoy our combine and save services. Let site an example, we have a customer who wants to ship 5 phones to Nigeria and each phone weighs 1.5lbs, as against shipping the items individually and you pay $ 225, we help you consolidate the items and you pay as little as $45 for shipping. This is one of the amazing benefits you enjoy using our service.

In addition, we offer customers 14/30 days free storage to enable all customers to ship from various online stores while our US/UK/China team takes inventory of the items and update them in your warehouse and this is done within 24 working hours.

The only reason why items may not be updated within the given time is if it was not properly addressed using the registered name/unit number and the items are not dropped recklessly in the warehouse, it's moved into a designated location which is referred to as the " unidentified section" until the verification process is completed.

Lastly, our warehouse is highly secured and the cases of missing items are rare as we do ensure all items dropped at in our facility are delivered intact and in good condition. If you any pending request yet to be resolved, we implore you to send an email to our support team at reachus@shoptomydoor.com and we'll ensure it's resolved.

I will be writing my own review. You guys are crooks and have so many hidden charges. What in the world is a payment surcharge, when you are charging me, black market rate, and also I am paying into your bank. Thieves. First time user and last time user. You Will never near them again..thieves. Plus my stuff got to your place on monday, but won't be shipped until the next week Thursday. Such a wicked service.

1 Like

Re: Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. by Sopcla: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Shiptonaija or shoptomydoor operates like a cartel, it is a company operating by scamming customers, if you really know the fraudulent activities that goes on in the company you’ll be overwhelmed, I think the CEO knows about the fraudulent activities going on the company and that is why I said it is run like a cartel, it’s just a matter of time the government will come for you people and close your company, the cry of those customers you’ve ruined their business will never go in vain, very soon you will not hear about this company again, I believe God exist and his judgement is coming soon, they have a lot of case file at human right organization submitted by numerous aggrieved customers, I know about a customer currently working on a documentary about the fraudulent activities going on in this company, the documentary is sponsored by a media company so I believe their end is very near, I suspect the company is close to bankruptcy cos they have lost a lot of customers so they are finding it difficult to still be on business hence the reason of their aggressive nature to rip off clients to sustain their business, the company is crumbling, anyone that deals with the shiptonaija does it at his/her own peril

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Plan / Getbarter Has Been Acting Up For A Couple Of Days. Any Alternatives? / Soundproof Generator Prices In Nigeria (2019) +other Large Gens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.