Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Let's Talk About Qatar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Talk About Qatar (10431 Views)

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 10:19pm On May 24, 2021
Anyone with meaningful information on the best possible route to Qatar should please fill us in....

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 10:20pm On May 24, 2021
Seems no one is talking about Qatar or are there no Nigerians in Qatar, which I doubt.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 10:21pm On May 24, 2021
Any helpful information will be highly appreciated right about now.
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 10:21pm On May 24, 2021
Please useful comments are welcome
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2021
Only thing I Know about Qatar;it is an Arab country in Asia grin grin
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 11:22pm On May 24, 2021
Zhunnurayn:
Only thing I Know about Qatar;it is an Arab country in Asia grin grin
funny you bro. I'm just so surprised no one is talking about Qatar. Abi no Nigerian in Qatar?
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2021
Quelme:
funny you bro. I'm just so surprised no one is talking about Qatar. Abi no Nigerian in Qatar?
I dey tell you, since I was born and now I am getting old I haven't heard of a Nigerian in Qatar
But bro, are you planning to migrate there? cool

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2021
For your inquiries,I made a little research on best route to Qatar;
You can only travel there on a tourist visa costing over 30k, for 30 day visit.the flight is over 400k, and you apply at the qatar embassy.Qatar Visa Requirements
A valid Nigerian passport with at least two free pages, and 6 months validity.
Properly filled application form with applicant's signature, appended.
2 colored passport-size photos.
Anyone of the following documents: ...
Proof of health insurance.
Evidence of payment of visa application.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 11:34am On May 25, 2021
Zhunnurayn:

I dey tell you, since I was born and now I am getting old I haven't heard of a Nigerian in Qatar
But bro, are you planning to migrate there? cool
Yes o. As UAE don cast. Person need to get plan B.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 11:36am On May 25, 2021
Zhunnurayn:
For your inquiries,I made a little research on best route to Qatar;
You can only travel there on a tourist visa costing over 30k, for 30 day visit.the flight is over 400k, and you apply at the qatar embassy.Qatar Visa Requirements
A valid Nigerian passport with at least two free pages, and 6 months validity.
Properly filled application form with applicant's signature, appended.
2 colored passport-size photos.
Anyone of the following documents: ...
Proof of health insurance.
Evidence of payment of visa application.
I thought one can get employment visa from Nigeria just like UAE use to be?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2021
Quelme:
I thought one can get employment visa from Nigeria just like UAE use to be?
It is clear that the employment Visa for Qatar is allowed for a short term contract only and not permanent employment Visa.Qatar work visas are arranged by the employer and are valid for 1 – 3 months. This is most applicable to employees who are intending to work for a Qatari employer for a period of time. To apply for a work visa, the employee must have a valid employment contract in place that must be approved by the Ministry of Labour.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 8:55pm On May 25, 2021
Zhunnurayn:

It is clear that the employment Visa for Qatar is allowed for a short term contract only and not permanent employment Visa.Qatar work visas are arranged by the employer and are valid for 1 – 3 months. This is most applicable to employees who are intending to work for a Qatari employer for a period of time. To apply for a work visa, the employee must have a valid employment contract in place that must be approved by the Ministry of Labour.
Okay. But a friend in the UAE told me Qatar issue employment visa ranging from 2-5 years. According to him, he has a friend currently in Qatar who he gets first hand info from. I have never been there, I wouldn't know anyway.

Don't know if you have heard about this before?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 9:24pm On May 25, 2021
Quelme:
Okay. But a friend in the UAE told me Qatar issue employment visa ranging from 2-5 years. According to him, he has a friend currently in Qatar who he gets first hand info from. I have never been there, I wouldn't know anyway.

Don't know if you have heard about this before?
I have, but it seems more possible for those venturing into the chemical and petroleum industry.from info below, you must have Qatari employee who must be the one to apply on your behalf.in fact 75% of Qatar are foreigners residing there, After you find a job in Qatar, anyone wishing to work in the country must first obtain a Work Residence Permit (sometimes known as an RP). Your Qatari employer will handle the application on your behalf.

Your employer should arrange a temporary visa, which allows you to enter Qatar while you wait for your Work Residence Permit. This process can take up to four weeks.

Once you receive the Work Residence Permit, you can begin to start your life in Qatar. At this point, you may find a place to live in Qatar and access government services.

The Ministry of Interior issues work residence permits. Your employer must renew your permit each year.

What does a Qatar work permit look like?
Your Work Residence Permit will contain a host of information about your residency status in Qatar. It will include your name, nationality, and passport number, as well as specific details such as the type and duration of the permit, the expiry date, your profession, and the name of your sponsor.
So shoot your shot

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 9:28pm On May 25, 2021
Zhunnurayn:

I have, but it seems more possible for those venturing into the chemical and petroleum industry.from info below, you must have Qatari employee who must be the one to apply on your behalf.in fact 75% of Qatar are foreigners residing there, After you find a job in Qatar, anyone wishing to work in the country must first obtain a Work Residence Permit (sometimes known as an RP). Your Qatari employer will handle the application on your behalf.

Your employer should arrange a temporary visa, which allows you to enter Qatar while you wait for your Work Residence Permit. This process can take up to four weeks.

Once you receive the Work Residence Permit, you can begin to start your life in Qatar. At this point, you may find a place to live in Qatar and access government services.

The Ministry of Interior issues work residence permits. Your employer must renew your permit each year.

Your Work Residence Permit will contain a host of information about your residency status in Qatar. It will include your name, nationality, and passport number, as well as specific details such as the type and duration of the permit, the expiry date, your profession, and the name of your sponsor.
So shoot your shot
are you based in Qatar? You seem to know a lot about the country. Abeg make you give me full gist.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 9:29pm On May 25, 2021
Zhunnurayn:

I have, but it seems more possible for those venturing into the chemical and petroleum industry.from info below, you must have Qatari employee who must be the one to apply on your behalf.in fact 75% of Qatar are foreigners residing there, After you find a job in Qatar, anyone wishing to work in the country must first obtain a Work Residence Permit (sometimes known as an RP). Your Qatari employer will handles the application on your behalf.

So shoot your shot
what is the prospect for those in the medical line?
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Etfash(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2021
@Zhunnurayn, great job!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2021
Quelme:
are you based in Qatar? You seem to know a lot about the country. Abeg make you give me full gist.
It boils down to two issues; you must have a qatar based employee or organization who had already offered you employment before you can apply for the work visa,(even if you are in medical field, you must be offered employment first). secondly, the maximum time permit 2-5 years, during this time you may secure residence visa there with backing of your employer and can be lucky to get.
The work visas are granted to persons who want to work in Qatar. Like the student visa, the applicants for the work visa must already have secured a job in the country before being eligible to apply.

Applicant’s employer would need to apply for a NOC Certificate. Without this certificate, entry into Qatar would be disallowed.

Applicants, on getting into the country must apply for a residence visa. On arrival, using a single-entry visa, the applicant needs to apply for a residency visa and according to the employer’s specification.
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2021
[quote author=Quelme post=102064136]are you based in Qatar?
coolhmm, I'm waiting patiently to go one on one against jamb in few weeks and secure admission cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Quelme: 1:55pm On May 27, 2021
[quote author=Zhunnurayn post=102065035][/quote] you are moving next week?
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Zhunnurayn(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2021
Quelme:
you are moving next week?
Lol
Move where?
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by DanetView: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
zhunnurayn.

You made valid point here.

I'm in Lagos and currently processing my 2 year Qatar work visa.

I'm hoping to enter Qatar in few weeks time.

Is anyone traveling to Qatar?

5 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Juwon21: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
DanetView:
zhunnurayn.

I would love to move and work at Qatar. But I heard that work visas is scarce/not available for Nigerians. If I may ask, how did you do it? Please put us through

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Limassol(m): 7:10am On Jul 25, 2021
DanetView:
zhunnurayn.

good luck bro! Please how did you do it and how much does it cost overall?
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by damoceile: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
DanetView:
zhunnurayn.

How much is the agent charging you for the processing fee?
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by motta(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nice
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Chiall: 12:46am On Jul 28, 2021
Quelme:
Yes o. As UAE don cast. Person need to get plan B.

Na Qatar first cast my brother. Some years ago Qatari government placed a visa ban on Nigerians. Before Saraki left as senate president he visited Qatar for that issue. But Nothing yet.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Chiall: 12:50am On Jul 28, 2021
Limassol:
good luck bro! Please how did you do it and how much does it cost overall?
You guys have to be careful with ALL these so called agents o. Truth dey bitter oo. For now you can't enter Qater with your ordinary
Nigeria passport . Most Nigeria boys entering Qater now do so with other African countries passport. Qater don cast since before Dubai cast now. Please you guys should be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Goodluckall: 12:52am On Jul 28, 2021
Following
My dream country
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Goodluckall: 1:00am On Jul 28, 2021
DanetView:
zhunnurayn.

I always dream to go to Qatar I mean is my dream country and I can go all way to get there
Re: Let's Talk About Qatar by Limassol(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2021
Chiall:

You guys have to be careful with ALL these so called agents o. Truth dey bitter oo. For now you can't enter Qater with your ordinary
Nigeria passport . Most Nigeria boys entering Qater now do so with other African countries passport. Qater don cast since before Dubai cast now. Please you guys should be careful.
so how person fit enter Qatar now bro?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got The Opportunity To Travel To Finland. / People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) / Admission Into North American University Cotonou, Benin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.