Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Legal Advice And Guidance Needed Please!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Legal Advice And Guidance Needed Please!!! (175 Views)

Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To - Nairaland / Free Legal Advice For 100 Business Startups - By Top Firm J.O. Fabunmi & Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legal Advice And Guidance Needed Please!!! by barnaby04(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2021
Hello house,

Please I want legal minds in the house to advise me on this issue. I have this online blog have been nursing for a while to do but have not been able to do it due to one reason or the other.

I registered a domain name and paid for multiple years to secure a particular domain name which have always liked to use. While researching somethings online recently, I discovered that someone already have a blog with similar domain name with the one I reserved.

For example, assuming I retained www.partyonlinenaija.com, which I intended using for my blog, I discovered someone had launched www.partyonlineng.com which is currently running at the moment for similar niche online.

My question now is this; if I go ahead with this domain name since have almost completed the website, would there be any issue arising later due to similarity in name? The only difference between the two of us in Naija/Ng used in the domain.

I want lawyers and people versed in issues like this to advise please.

MOD, kindly help push to front page please

Thanks.
Re: Legal Advice And Guidance Needed Please!!! by Ugwoji101(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2021
The owner of that domain might due you for passing off.

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Or Fix A Disabled Ad Account Or Suspended Account / Claim This Airdrop Now / Nigeria Signs Oil Deal To Unlock US$10 Bn Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.