Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) (62919 Views)

Mid-week♥️♥️ Beauties Of Nature [soothing Images][photos]✨ / What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? / Unbeatable Proofs That Time Shows No Mercy(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by PAQ(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2021
I am not a fan of vintage cars. Apart from the value they have over time, i cant see myself drooling over or driving a 30, 40, 50..... 100yr old car!
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by neyohh: 9:18pm On May 27, 2021
Munamu:

See finish!

Lol but the joke is on us as a people not him..
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by ChiefSosa(m): 9:24pm On May 27, 2021
Sterope:
Vanity as in how material things go out of fashion.

That's when they are not in vogue. I corrected that already and he lowkey accepted correction. Vanity means when something is futile, worthless,in vain or has no value. Our pastor needs to get more educated. Nobody would do anything if the end result is futility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Emmadoc: 9:27pm On May 27, 2021
ChiefSosa:

They may have depreciated value-wise, but that doesn't mean it's all vanity. Some people will pay top notch money for these cars. It may be difficult for you to comprehend. Things evolve; doesn't mean the previously made ones are now in vain. Without Alexander Graham Bell, inventing the telephone, you wouldn't have what to use to type this. His first invention may not be of use right now, but it set a model for several other ones. Without Johannes Gutenberg, you wouldn't even have the printed copy of the bible you're always quoting. Vintage things are still useful and important, that's why we have museums. They may not be useful to you 'cause you lack the knowledge and technical know how, but let those that do, appreciate them. EVERYTHING IS NOT VANITY. You can't take it along when you die doesn't mean it can't be useful to someone else.

Boss I for like buy you one green bottle... Tualeh

1 Like

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by ChiefSosa(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2021
Angelmichael63:
Everything is vanity.
Take it or leave it,its your own cup of tea
If Everything is Vanity then, there's no need for anyone to do anything. That means we wouldn't have anything, especially from previous generations. If seun thought NL was "Vanity", would he bother to create NL? Can you play a game if you realise there's nobody to count scores? If everything is vanity as you claim then, give out ALL your possessions. Matter of fact, pull off your clothes, let's see if the government wouldn't throw you into psychiatric hospital.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Sterope(f): 9:35pm On May 27, 2021
He might not have an idea of what you later explained to him but it is still wasn't the point of his expression

ChiefSosa:

That's when they are not in vogue. I corrected that already and he lowkey accepted correction. Vanity means when something is futile, worthless,in vain or has no value. Our pastor needs to get more educated. Nobody would do anything if the end result is futility.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by deavicky(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2021
Which kind beauty! 8f not for the green one, I for carry 2001 fine pass all of them.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by sageb: 9:40pm On May 27, 2021
cassidy1996:
cool
I like bettle so much during my childhood days. Today, it can't be seen in our roads

1 Like

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by pafo(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2021
ChiefSosa:

They may have depreciated value-wise, but that doesn't mean it's all vanity. Some people will pay top notch money for these cars. It may be difficult for you to comprehend. Things evolve; doesn't mean the previously made ones are now in vain. Without Alexander Graham Bell, inventing the telephone, you wouldn't have what to use to type this. His first invention may not be of use right now, but it set a model for several other ones. Without Johannes Gutenberg, you wouldn't even have the printed copy of the bible you're always quoting. Vintage things are still useful and important, that's why we have museums. They may not be useful to you 'cause you lack the knowledge and technical know how, but let those that do, appreciate them. EVERYTHING IS NOT VANITY. You can't take it along when you die doesn't mean it can't be useful to someone else.

I said Seun should upgrade his site to have the "block" button. Seeing his texts everywhere infuriates me. Not that he'll accept this schooling anyways. He's stuck in 2 B.C.

1 Like

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by bizzibodi(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2021
I no mind that green lambo grin grin
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Jokerman(m): 9:50pm On May 27, 2021
ChiefSosa:

If Everything is Vanity then, there's no need for anyone to do anything. That means we wouldn't have anything, especially from previous generations. If seun thought NL was "Vanity", would he bother to create NL? Can you play a game if you realise there's nobody to count scores? If everything is vanity as you claim then, give out ALL your possessions. Matter of fact, pull off your clothes, let's see if the government wouldn't throw you into psychiatric hospital.

Ask him why his pastor is building a new auditorium, if everything is vanity... grin

1 Like

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by ChiefSosa(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
Emmadoc:

Boss I for like buy you one green bottle... Tualeh
Hahaha thanks, chief! I tualeh for you too
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Casper21: 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
That's the evolution age we live in now.next 100yrs Bugatti would be like 505. Unfortunately we won't be alive to see those new changes
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Lovelyn451(f): 9:57pm On May 27, 2021
They'll evolve, not in our generation though.. now I know where grandma got her taste in cars, she'll say she likes small portable cars,not all these coffin that people drive around
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by omoyankee3(m): 10:26pm On May 27, 2021
Saw these at a car show

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by omoyankee3(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2021
more

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Offpoint1: 10:36pm On May 27, 2021
Raychee:
Nothing is permanent. All is vanity. Pick your vanity wisely. Life is too short smiley
I'll like to pick you as my vanity, just like you said... Life's too short.

1 Like

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by ChiefSosa(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2021
Jokerman:

Ask him why his pastor is building a new auditorium, if everything is vanity... grin
Lol, he is something else. He should go to another forum so, he'll constitute his nuisance there. He can go to football forum, I'm sure you people won't chase him or pass him to another forum.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Olamialphonso(m): 10:52pm On May 27, 2021
The Nigga doesn’t deserve it jare because Na nonsense stupid Bible quotes he go dey quote for here and people are hungry and angry
gly:

But you can correct with love not with mockery!!!
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by SolarEdge: 11:05pm On May 27, 2021
ok
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by dwisedgreat: 11:10pm On May 27, 2021
Ablemax:
Who can help me with 3k

I need it urgently

I'll really appreciate if you be of help

KKK KK..u can keep the remaining 2...
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by harakiri(m): 11:12pm On May 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
Everything we can see and touch is Vanity!
There are things that were in vogue 10, 15, 20,30 yrs ago! People could slap you if you give even for Free today.

Folks, that Mansion, Buggati, or whatever you wanna kill yourself for or get into evil to acquire today, will be dustbin container tomorrow.

Treat all these things with very Light Hands. Don't let them become your god.
Don't let them own or Control you.
You have them, you thank God! You don't have them, don't kill yourself.
The only valuable thing we have is our Soul.
Nobody will carry biro or pin out of here.
Our Soul in Eternity is what Really Matters.
Having JESUS Christ is the Greatest Investment any human can have on Earth.

Yo dude,

That phone you used to type this is vanity...throw it away. The clothes you have on is vanity...throw them away (including boxers). The biblical Jesus fasted 40 days, why do you eat @ least thrice a day? Vanity. I hope you don't have a car or job coz vanity calls. Your woman is vanity...your kids are vanity...your toothbrush is vanity...going to the hospital even though you are @ the point of death is vanity coz we all die anyways...right?

Peeps like you are the reason I dumped religion in the trash over 2 decades ago.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Convention107: 11:13pm On May 27, 2021
Man will not understand.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Bahamas95(m): 11:43pm On May 27, 2021
LMS1:
That Pastor Above Us Seems To Still Live In Stone Age.
Typing Vanity Up And Down.
When The World Was Witnessing Industrial Revolution His Forefatherr Were Busy Building Bronze Head And Shrines.
Today Him And His Decendants Claim To Be World Most Holy People.
Meanwhile 1970s Vintage Car Ideas Has Evolved Till It Now Becomes 2021 Lamborginis And Maybach
While 1950s Bronze Head Are Still Stuck In The Museum And Their Makers Greatgrand Children Are Here Shouting Vanity Upon Vanity.
BTW I Dont Blame You,
I Blame Airtel For Giving U Daily Free 20mb.
You deserve a national award for this comment. grin grin

Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by jaxxy(m): 12:18am On May 28, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Everything is vanity and vanity doesn’t mean it’s not useful. Vanity doesn’t mean it’s bad, it means it won’t last forever, it is temporal, it doesn’t transcend beyond here. So if u engulf Ure self into it for usefulness fine bt if u turn it to ur day and nite and ur object of worship and control u will learn later it’s means absolutely nothing. Just vanity and for the moment.

Even ur body, the flesh is vanity.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by sakssey23: 12:44am On May 28, 2021
It might surprise you if you have any of these cars for auction. You might make big money.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by miketayo(m): 1:00am On May 28, 2021
Those cars r more expensive today
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by AOTEMN: 1:24am On May 28, 2021
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Fanuchi007: 1:49am On May 28, 2021
Handing over to vanity crew.
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by Raychee(f): 7:15am On May 28, 2021
Offpoint1:

I'll like to pick you as my vanity, just like you said... Life's too short.

When I'm already someone else's vanity grin
Re: 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) by quinox947: 8:07am On May 28, 2021
ChiefSosa:

The Bible encourages us to seek knowledge, why do you detest knowledge? Is it because of Chauvinism? Knowledge to you is like sunlight to a vampire. If everything is in vain, why then do pastors acquire so many things? They won't take it along with them when they die doesn't mean their offsprings won't use them or reminisce about them. You didn't inherit anything from your people doesn't mean you should spoil things for others. No problem in being a Christian; I'm one myself but, I'm NOT a dumb one. I'm willing to seek knowledge as much as possible and from anyone or anywhere. You're making Christians look like unintelligent people that only follow what they're told and can't think for themselves. Hahaha you went to change from "in voke" to "in vogue" after correction.
Forget the correction. The message is clear. I think he is misunderstood. What he meant is humans should not kill themselves to acquire any of these. Dont you think that many may have stolen or probably killed to acquire any of these? Many houses that were so beautiful in the 70s now look like shanties today. Some of their owners may have been members of cults who may have spilled the blood of the innocent to get rich quickly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reactions As SS3 Student Buys Benz / Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.